Dobyns-Bennett, Jefferson County, and David Crockett Tri-Dual

oceansize42

Dobyns-Bennett has a well rounded AA dual team.  I think anything less than a top 4 finish would be perceived as less than optimum.  With that said I don't think they can take the one or two spot but they are closing the gap with what they currently have. 

Crockett should be a far better single A dual team than most suspect. They have a complete roster for the first time I can remember (with a nice mix of ability levels) which is more than most can say within their region and section. They are going to match up quite nicely with Halls, Gibbs, or Greeneville.

Highlights.  

Titus Norman (DB) and Caylek Vann (Jefferson).  Good match and closer than the final result would indicate but like his brother Titus comes ready to roll.

Jake Ferrell (Crockett) vs Caylek Vann (Jefferson).  Caylek participated in two really fun matches but came up short in both.  6-4 Jake in this one.

Max Norman does what he normally does.

Dempsey (DB)  vs Colton Ferrell at 170 (Crockett).  Good matchup with Dempsey eventually taking control and getting the 11-6 win.  

Gabe Ferrell (Crockett) vs James Robinson (Jefferson) at 182.   Gabe Ferrell gets the nod 5-3.  Gabe has only had a couple weeks of practice and isn't fully in shape yet but when he arrives at that point he will be a real handful.  

Blaine Smith (Crockett) vs Bryce Pulitzer (DB).  Crockett's 106 is brand new but he has want to, good instincts, and is tough.  Pulitzer was dominant in his win but the Crockett kid hung as tough as he could and far longer than he should.

Kennedy Watterson (DB) vs Jake Ferrell (Crockett).  Watterson was dominant in a short but fun roll.

DBs freshman Titus Norman, Kennedy Watterson,  and Mason Jakob are all difference makers.  Their 106 is vastly improved as well.  

• Like 1

Thank you Ocean. 

I absolutely love reading posts like this.  Crockett is like Signal Mountain North with all the Ferrell Brothers. 

I hadn't realized Gabe had dropped to 182, especially this early in the season.  He will be a handful. Watched Robinson from Jeff County against the Bradley kid last weekend.  They're both tough.