Girls Rankings Round 3 Weekend of 12/16 & 12/17

cougars130

32 minutes ago, Mason422 said:

You can coach your team anyway you want. We choose to take our boys and girls out of state all we can. Our little school has some of the very best wrestlers in the country and I will assure you that it’s not because we stayed and wrestled the “Tough” Tn kids that we see  all of the time. If you want wrestlers to grow into better wrestlers they have to travel. Just my opinion though. 

oh and just fyi. Our girls came up on Thursday, wrestled Friday and the are leaving TN again for Florida on Monday. Very excited to see them continue to grow and develop into better wrestlers. 

on another note if our wrestlers boys and girls want to get a college scholarship I can assure you that nobody care about a TN state title. 

My son had over 30 Div 1 offers and not a single one ask if he won state in TN. It’s ALL about national accomplishments. 

Sid Mason

Again like stated above most of the coaches attending these tournaments are not going there to watch the small girl tournaments if the girls want to get noticed then wrestle freestyle not folkstyle just my 2 cents. 

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Again like stated above most of the coaches attending these tournaments are not going there to watch the small girl tournaments if the girls want to get noticed then wrestle freestyle not folkstyle just my 2 cents. 

If the argument is “grow girls wrestling by staying in TN” then you can’t say to go wrestle freestyle also. 
From what I’ve seen Greeneville only fielding 5 girls, so duals would be a waste for them to attend they couldn’t win anything there.

On the other side, the 107 Baines has traveled a lot so this was probably a continuation of that. And the little 100 pounder while unproven against the top in TN had good results up north. 

I’m sure this was a pack mentality trip, I was surprised DB didn’t take any of their girls with them as well. Especially in programs that do not have specific girls coaches and can’t spread themselves out that thin from a coaching perspective.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadHatter6 said:

If the argument is “grow girls wrestling by staying in TN” then you can’t say to go wrestle freestyle also. 
From what I’ve seen Greeneville only fielding 5 girls, so duals would be a waste for them to attend they couldn’t win anything there.

On the other side, the 107 Baines has traveled a lot so this was probably a continuation of that. And the little 100 pounder while unproven against the top in TN had good results up north. 

I’m sure this was a pack mentality trip, I was surprised DB didn’t take any of their girls with them as well. Especially in programs that do not have specific girls coaches and can’t spread themselves out that thin from a coaching perspective.

Me saying go wrestle freestyle is because that’s what Is wrestled in college for girls which is during the summer months in TN that’s where coaches who have girl programs go to look at girl wrestlers not to small tournaments that are for boys programs. 

The second part of your statement is my point if they are not the top girl in TN then wrestling in TN to become the top girl in the state then travel. 

I can understand taking Baines because she is the top girl in her weight but for the rest of them was it a benefit to drive there to wrestle or just to enjoy the trip outside the state. 

Also then why not push to have a girls coach for their program which should be done in TN. 

Growing girls wrestling should be our goal so that way girls can get better and not just follow where the boys go or attend Jv/Girls tournaments only because the JV coaches also tend to coach the girls program. 

Girls Basketball is a varsity sport not coached by boys basketball. 

TN is one of the original Sanctioned states so how come there is no desire to split them from the Co-Ed type of wrestling when the excuse for lack of coaches is why they can not go to girl specific tournaments? 

21 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

Me saying go wrestle freestyle is because that’s what Is wrestled in college for girls which is during the summer months in TN that’s where coaches who have girl programs go to look at girl wrestlers not to small tournaments that are for boys programs. 

The second part of your statement is my point if they are not the top girl in TN then wrestling in TN to become the top girl in the state then travel. 

I can understand taking Baines because she is the top girl in her weight but for the rest of them was it a benefit to drive there to wrestle or just to enjoy the trip outside the state. 

Also then why not push to have a girls coach for their program which should be done in TN. 

Growing girls wrestling should be our goal so that way girls can get better and not just follow where the boys go or attend Jv/Girls tournaments only because the JV coaches also tend to coach the girls program. 

Girls Basketball is a varsity sport not coached by boys basketball. 

TN is one of the original Sanctioned states so how come there is no desire to split them from the Co-Ed type of wrestling when the excuse for lack of coaches is why they can not go to girl specific tournaments? 

I don’t think any of the schools or programs would choose to not have a specific girls coach. But it appears to be more difficult than just deciding that they want one.

Quality coaches are more difficult to come by than one may assume, we have several good programs in TN not all are ran by what I would consider good coaches. And some schools do not support wrestling the way it should be. Their may not be the money for girls coaches to be hired in certain areas.

as far as becoming the top girl in TN, that’ll get settled eventually as everyone will meet before it’s all said and done. I can appreciate going and finding other competition while you can even if you aren’t a top TN girl ( such as the Greenville 100 girl).

40 minutes ago, MadHatter6 said:

I don’t think any of the schools or programs would choose to not have a specific girls coach. But it appears to be more difficult than just deciding that they want one.

Quality coaches are more difficult to come by than one may assume, we have several good programs in TN not all are ran by what I would consider good coaches. And some schools do not support wrestling the way it should be. Their may not be the money for girls coaches to be hired in certain areas.

as far as becoming the top girl in TN, that’ll get settled eventually as everyone will meet before it’s all said and done. I can appreciate going and finding other competition while you can even if you aren’t a top TN girl ( such as the Greenville 100 girl).

I respect this.. 

you have solid points and I like that you are able to have a discussion on a topic instead of viewing it as an argument. 

Updated Rankings for 12/20/22

Girls 100

• 1st-Vivian Mariscal John Overton Girls
  • 2nd-Rylee Lent Independence Girls
  • 3rd-Shyanne Michalski Northwest Girls
  • 4th-Alivia Ryan Dobyns Bennett Girls
  • 5th-Betsy Sanchez Alcoa Girls 
  • 6th-Rhyne Johnson Greeneville Girls 

Girls 107

• 1st-Jenna Baines Greeneville Girls
  • 2nd-Grace Von Loh Riverdale Girls
  • 3rd-Gracie Tuberville Montgomery Central Girls
  • 4th-Payton Agnell Tullauhoma Girls
  • 5th-Makya Parker Cleveland Girls
  • 6th-Elinor Underwood Seymour Girls

Girls 114

• 1st-Melanie Val St. Andrew`s Sewanee Girls
  • 2nd-Mila Risner Oakland Girls
  • 3rd-Senna Grassman Cleveland Girls
  • 4th-Kiley Mcnerney Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Esperanza Cruz Gibbs Girls
  • 6th-Allie Shelton Greeneville Girls

Girls 120 

• 1st-Ella`lina Gonzalez Clarksville Girls
  • 2nd-Mariana Bowen Rossview Girls
  • 3rd-Nataleigh Shane Bradley Central Girls
  • 4th-Alex Costello Science Hill Girls
  • 5th-Wachipi Hamelryck Sullivan East Girls
  • 6th-Jakyra Parker Cleveland Girls

Girls 126

• 1st-Ansley Reed Science Hill Girls
  • 2nd-Gabriella Rincon Bradley Central Girls
  • 3rd-Olivia Johnson Summit Girls
  • 4th-Morgan Sacharczyk Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Angelina Slingluff Seymour Girls
  • 6th-Audrey Levendusky Montgomery Central Girls

Girls 132

• 1st-Haley Redmond Gibbs Girls
  • 2nd-Lilli Cobb Clarksville Girls
  • 3rd-Verena Pate St. Andrew`s Sewanee Girls
  • 4th-Evelin Ochoa Rossview Girls
  • 5th-Emily Whitmore Montgomery Central Girls
  • 6th-Lacey Riebli White House Heritage Girls

Girls 138

• 1st-Brooklyn Long Independence Girls  
  • 2nd-Rylee Bennett Summit Girls 
  • 3rd-Ty Bryant Clarksville Academy Girls
  • 4th-Paraskevi Christopoulos Baylor Girls 
  • 5th-Kristyn Harr Gibbs Girls 
  • 6th-Brooklyn Whiteside Clarksville Girls

Girls 145

• 1st-Maggie Graham Bartlett Girls
  • 2nd-Finnley Craig Summit Girls
  • 3rd-Kayla Powers Clarksville Girls
  • 4th-Kelsey Mize Rossview Girls
  • 5th-Trinity Roberts Heritage Girls 
  • 6th-Mollie Bowman Siegel Girls

Girls 152

• 1st-Genesis Gilmore Montgomery Central Girls
  • 2nd-Krickett Jones Karns Girls
  • 3rd-Mercedes Standards Collierville Girls
  • 4th-Morgan Cornelius Greenville Girls
  • 5th-Bella Harris Cleveland Girls 
  • 6th-Gianna Nikolao Rossview Girls

Girls 165

• 1st-Piper Fowler Cleveland Girls
  • 2nd-Aliya Whaley Maryville Girls
  • 3rd-Irelynn Laurin Rossview Girls
  • 4th-Carter Grissom Riverdale Girls
  • 5th-Cearyona O’Conner Montgomery Central Girls 
  • 6th-Sallie Lundy Daniel Boone Girls

Girls 185

• 1st-Ella Murphey Hardin Valley Academy Girls
  • 2nd-Katelyn Mcmillan Rossview Girls 
  • 3rd-Trinity Lynn Gibbs Girls
  • 4th-Nyla Lee Bartlett Girls
  • 5th-Brittney Meneses Tullauhoma Girls
  • 6th-Audra Buckley Montgomery Central Girls

Girls 235

• 1st-Diamond Young Cleveland Girls
  • 2nd-Gabriella Gray Chattanooga Central Girls 
  • 3rd-Sydney Hueser Franklin Girls
  • 4th-Emma Young Alcoa Girls
  • 5th- Kharisma Graham Montgomery Central Girls
  • 6th-Mallory Austin Bartlett Girls

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Posted

Interesting selection I won’t argue the differences or similarities to the rankings I have been doing. 
Just in a different order or the 6th girl is different.. 

But we will see how much your rankings tend to be different or similar to the ones I’ll be putting out during the season. 

Also for example the 235 Clarksville girl has not wrestled much this year when she has had the opportunity to do so maybe there is a reason like education but until she wrestles she won’t be in my rankings. 

Edited by cougars130

2 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Interesting selection I won’t argue the differences or similarities to the rankings I have been doing. 
Just in a different order or the 6th girl is different.. 

But we will see how much your rankings tend to be different or similar to the ones I’ll be putting out during the season. 

Also for example the 235 Clarksville girl has not wrestled much this year when she has had the opportunity to do so maybe there is a reason like education but until she wrestles she won’t be in my rankings. 

No problem. Sawyer Ward is one you'll want to watch at 138. You didn't have her listed but she won't be flying under the radar much longer.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

No problem. Sawyer Ward is one you'll want to watch at 138. You didn't have her listed but she won't be flying under the radar much longer.

Yea because who has she wrestled and defeated that makes her on my radar? What puts her on any ranking if she has not wrestled anyone on the list you have like Ty Bryant state runner up from last year.. 

I could ask about a few girls on your list but I won’t do that. 

again very similar list as the one I have been doing. 

feel free to give me the credit for helping you out.. 

Edited by cougars130

25 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

Yea because who has she wrestled and defeated that makes her on my radar? What puts her on any ranking if she has not wrestled anyone on the list you have like Ty Bryant state runner up from last year.. 

I could ask about a few girls on your list but I won’t do that. 

again very similar list as the one I have been doing. 

feel free to give me the credit for helping you out.. 

She beat Hosford at Stone. She was trained by Nahshon Garrett &  I've seen her since MS. She is one of a few Freshman who should medal this season & just because you haven't seen her doesn't mean she's no good.

Why do you think you deserve any credit? Are you assuming I used your list. 

Edited by JSamson7