Smoky Bears Off-season thread

Bueller

Hello, all.

I was in Sevier county over the weekend making a business delivery, and it was very nice to be back. It's been a long time.

After I landed at GKT, I found out that there was activity at the stadium. I grabbed a cold drink in the terminal and called Newman's Taxi for a ride. I got to watch practice for about half an hour before I had to go back and head back to Miami.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Smoky Bears play this year, but I have to admit... this is one of the smallest teams that I've ever seen. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the wins!

23 hours ago, GeraldLyle said:

Hello, all.

I was in Sevier county over the weekend making a business delivery, and it was very nice to be back. It's been a long time.

After I landed at GKT, I found out that there was activity at the stadium. I grabbed a cold drink in the terminal and called Newman's Taxi for a ride. I got to watch practice for about half an hour before I had to go back and head back to Miami.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Smoky Bears play this year, but I have to admit... this is one of the smallest teams that I've ever seen. Regardless, I look forward to seeing the wins!

I have to agree with you that the team does seem smaller this year.  I’m sure there’s some players not at spring practice, but if we are this small I may not even complain about the coaching this year. By the way your name looks very familiar to me. I worked at Cherokee back in the 80s, maybe that’s where I know you from?

Edited by MurphyCollege

3 hours ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Went to watch my girlfriends son and thought the same thing. but they were MOVING out there. Lots of speed compared to other years from what I remember of the smoky bears. exciting times for the SC. Great coaching staff up there has those boys playing hard and tough. 

You are correct. There was some quickness on the field. My opinion is the boys were playing hard because of how they were raised, and they just love football. If they keep playing hard through the end of October then hats off to the coaches. As for speed I’ve seen many smoky bear teams with more overall team speed. This may be the fastest SC team since Obama was in office tho. We’ll have to see team 99 on Friday nights to know how they compare to teams from the past. I know a lot of people at the eastgate-fairgarden unified school district love to read Murphy’s posts so I’ll say this, always be cautious of people who’s actions don’t match their words. I added the apostrophe because I consider myself an unknown genius. 
#JDIR

On 5/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, MurphyCollege said:

I have to agree with you that the team does seem smaller this year.  I’m sure there’s some players not at spring practice, but if we are this small I may not even complain about the coaching this year. By the way your name looks very familiar to me. I worked at Cherokee back in the 80s, maybe that’s where I know you from?

Perhaps. I was doing a lot of business in the area back in the 80s. I sold to a lot of clients at Cherokee back in the day. Looking forward to moving back permanently soon.

Edited by GeraldLyle

Looking at the schedule Sevier County might have a good record getting West , Campbell County and Heritage off for a couple of lesser quality schools. I hate it they don't play Heritage being so close to each other. Once they get past the red light at Hardee's leaving Sevierville they don't go through another one the whole trip long and that is a rarity considering you spend half your life at one of those things in Sevier County.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:51 AM, wise50 said:

How many wins do you have against the roosters in your coaching career pal?

I guess you and your friends want to make fun of me for only being a middle school coach. Well go ahead and laugh all you want, I have nothing to be ashamed of. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve beat Newport, but I can tell you that I’ve never lost to Newport. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:31 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Looking at the schedule Sevier County might have a good record getting West , Campbell County and Heritage off for a couple of lesser quality schools. I hate it they don't play Heritage being so close to each other. Once they get past the red light at Hardee's leaving Sevierville they don't go through another one the whole trip long and that is a rarity considering you spend half your life at one of those things in Sevier County.

Because ellejoy beat eastgate last year. Fairgarden’s finest isn’t fond of playing teams that beat him. If you don’t believe me I’m sure the folks on Sutherland ave will confirm this. I’m not so sure about a good record, i believe several of the teams have a win streak against the purple bears from eastgate. Hopefully blazer1set can post sevier county record against current district opponents. You can thank the county commissioners for the red lights. For years and years they refused to build a bypass so the tourists were forced to drive by the restaurants, gas stations, and hotels they own. I hated you couldn’t make the meeting Saturday morning at Hardee’s last week.  Got some information to make me think the season may turn out ok after all. But these coaches still haven’t won a game since September so I’ll have to see it to believe it.