Smoky Bears Off-season thread

Bueller

On 6/12/2023 at 12:38 PM, MurphyCollege said:

Can’t develop a qb. Can’t recruit a qb. Gonna be a long season for the smoky bears. I guess Lowe’s on 66 wasn’t hiring 

Its bad when a former Jeff County guy decides he doesnt want to play for the Bears.  It might be because of fans like you getting on here and spewing venom constantly. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:53 PM, wise50 said:

Its bad when a former Jeff County guy decides he doesnt want to play for the Bears.  It might be because of fans like you getting on here and spewing venom constantly. 

I’m sure you, jan, LMAOc, and the other coaches on Dolly Parton pkwy are mad at me. And I understand why, but above all I am a man of integrity. I know y’all wanted the gunslinger in purple. And I wanted to see him slinging the pigskin at Lon c burchfiel stadium too. But I cannot allow his agent back into my youth league. The ban remains in effect. 

I see PrideForce posts are gone. Much like the LMAOc tucked tail and ran too. If these coaches paid as much attention to their players fundamentals running drills and in the weight room we could have a really good year this year. Instead they hang on to every word Murph says. Hopefully they paid attention to when Murphy said to make sure the players get some vegetables and chocolate milk in the lunch room and make sure no one bounces the bar off their chest in the weight room. Hopefully PrideForce, notsowise50, LMAOc, jan8675309, tlove13, FBistoophysical, and the other coaches that hang on to every word Murphy says stop taking everything so personally and start paying attention when Murphy is trying to help you. 

23 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

You’re a weird little man. I’ll pray for you. I would like to chat some more but I’m watching in the heat of the night. 

Looks like somebody retreated and went back into the bushes I bet you're like me Murphy, once they realize they forgot to take their medication then did so they went back and then unposted everything.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Looks like somebody retreated and went back into the bushes I bet you're like me Murphy, once they realize they forgot to take their medication then did so they went back and then unposted everything.

Not the first time ol Murph has sent em packing. But to be fair we should cut him/her some slack. It is pride month and they probably had a wild time last night. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how things are going in Sevier County this up and coming season but the schedule looks softer than last year. I've always said it hurt the Bears back when they opened Piegon Forge in the early 2000's then when they recovered years later Northview opens and dose the same thing again. I really thought Northview would have done better in football by now since it's beginning but seems to just exist. They also took a big hit back in the early 60's when Seymour opened then took another one when the TSSAA hit them with the Death Penalty in 1966 for using a grown man to play among boy's for an upper hand. Not many people younger than me know that and I'm sure the way all history is being rewritten someone will say everyone caught Smokey Mountain Fever and they didn't field a team that year when no one is left to tell the real story. Even to this day everytime I go to Sevierville by myself somewhere down the road I'll say to myself, I wonder why Coach Tom Bass would have done something so stupid like that. At least they have some company from East Tennessee in that big TSSAA Hall of Shame with Austin-East when they were banned back in 1971 from every sport when they ransacked Stokley Atheletic Center over a bad call in a basketball game. Anyway before I get more sidetracked they have a favorable schedule especially getting rid of Knox West and I see a winning season, hate it their not playing Heritage.

• Upvote 1