Monterey Boys @ Clarkrange Game Tonight

panther14

Unruly fans caused the officials to call the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Officials was made out to be total idiots by one player from Monterey, they allowed him to run the floor and kept catering to him. But what's even more sad is the Monterey coach and assistant coach encouraged their players to act the way they did. The Officials couldn't control either teams fans, two of them became scared and tried to have the gym emptied out, and the third one had no clue. 

12 minutes ago, BigFan1966 said:

Unruly fans caused the officials to call the game at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Officials was made out to be total idiots by one player from Monterey, they allowed him to run the floor and kept catering to him. But what's even more sad is the Monterey coach and assistant coach encouraged their players to act the way they did. The Officials couldn't control either teams fans, two of them became scared and tried to have the gym emptied out, and the third one had no clue. 

Fans are going to have to understand that they paid to watch a game and cheer for their team.  That’s it.  Regardless of what any player or coach does you (as fans) have no say whatsoever. You’re fans and that’s it. The officials are IN CHARGE. It doesn’t matter if you like it or not.  The fact that the officials felt threatened enough to want to “empty” the gym is a blackeye to BOTH schools. Fans have progressively tried to have a say in the game’s outcome and it is sad. Officiating is a tough job (one side is always going to be unhappy) but it’s necessary to try and keep a fair balance. Regardless of if you like or dislike the way a game was called 99% of the time the refs don’t care who wins. They’re human and make mistakes but it’s not malicious. Cheer for your team and be respectful to the opposing team and their fans. If they don’t deserve respect for their actions just do what we do in the south and say “Bless them”. Lol

• Like 1

Ask the REFS which side of FANS they felt threatened by.   Anyway, Monterey  had a 28 point lead when they called it.  The GAME was practically OVER.  It probably saved a RUNNING clock in the 4th Quarter.  Thats what happened Panther14.  Clarkrange was getting whipped by little Monterey.  Number 3 was on a College Level playing against three defenders the WHOLE game.

Edited by blueeyes

26 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Ask the REFS which side of FANS they felt threatened by.   Anyway, Monterey  had a 28 point lead when they called it.  The GAME was practically OVER.  It probably saved a RUNNING clock in the 4th Quarter.  Thats what happened Panther14.  Clarkrange was getting whipped by little Monterey.  Number 3 was on a College Level playing against three defenders the WHOLE game.

If you know anything about the size of the school little Monterey was “whipping” tiny Clarkrange if you wanna go that route.  I’m not a fan of either school but to try and act like Monterey is oh such a small school. 
From the Tssaa website  

Clarkrange 268

Monterey  427

You may be the smallest school in Putnam County but you’re “whippin” a single A school  GREAT job just like football you schedule tough out of region games. Sarcasm intended   

8 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Dude you don't even know the correct number of the player.

20 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

If you know anything about the size of the school little Monterey was “whipping” tiny Clarkrange if you wanna go that route.  I’m not a fan of either school but to try and act like Monterey is oh such a small school. 
From the Tssaa website  

Clarkrange 268

Monterey  427

You may be the smallest school in Putnam County but you’re “whippin” a single A school  GREAT job just like football you schedule tough out of region games. Sarcasm intended   

I saw a lot of the “little Monterey” talk during football as well. Maybe it’s a new school slogan or something :roflol:

Ok. I agree the "little" Monterey talk is a bit exaggerated on my part.  But since we are on the topic of 'numbers.... I cant get a players number correct (Monette) and I Dont know Attendance numbers (Monterey 427).  Lets have Class Boys.   We can say Monterey's student enrollment  has increased significantly the last 10-15 years with the Influx to Perdue.   They are Great Students, Very well-mannered, but very few play Sports compared to the rest of the student-age residents in Monterey and Southern Overton County.   So, with students that will actually play sports, we are still the ratio with Clarkrange, Pickett, Clay.   But YorkDad, you wanted to add Football into this Conversation,  How do you justify adding kids onto York's Team from Clarkrange without Increasing the Enrollment Totals?   Monterey would love to add 8-10 Athletes every year from another school that doesnt have Football!  If York added Clarkrange's Enrollment to their total (since you get those athletes) you should be a 3A school or possibly 4A in football.  We are on to you about this honeyhole of Athletes you get from South Fentress without proper calculations by TSSAA YorkDad and watching very closely.

29 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Ok. I agree the "little" Monterey talk is a bit exaggerated on my part.  But since we are on the topic of 'numbers.... I cant get a players number correct (Monette) and I Dont know Attendance numbers (Monterey 427).  Lets have Class Boys.   We can say Monterey's student enrollment  has increased significantly the last 10-15 years with the Influx to Perdue.   They are Great Students, Very well-mannered, but very few play Sports compared to the rest of the student-age residents in Monterey and Southern Overton County.   So, with students that will actually play sports, we are still the ratio with Clarkrange, Pickett, Clay.   But YorkDad, you wanted to add Football into this Conversation,  How do you justify adding kids onto York's Team from Clarkrange without Increasing the Enrollment Totals?   Monterey would love to add 8-10 Athletes every year from another school that doesnt have Football!  If York added Clarkrange's Enrollment to their total (since you get those athletes) you should be a 3A school or possibly 4A in football.  We are on to you about this honeyhole of Athletes you get from South Fentress without proper calculations by TSSAA YorkDad and watching very closely.

Same way every other school adds.  It's TSSAA and yes this year we did gave some athletes from Clarkrange that played. That's not every year.  So should you add Overton county numbers to Monterey’s numbers.  Don't you have athletes from Overton. I have never understood the co-op program. Honeyhole lol that's another exaggeration. 

Edited by YAIDAD

So, are you saying those athletes from Clarkrange doesnt make a difference on YAI football?  The Overton KIds do have a State Agreement with Putnam to allow them to go to Monterey and our factored in number wise to Student Enrollment.  So my question is,  does YAI have to count Clarkrange's ennrollment when they Co-op to allow Football players to play on YAI's team?  IF so, Shouldnt they be 4A and playing LA, Stone, Dekalb?

12 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

So, are you saying those athletes from Clarkrange doesnt make a difference on YAI football?  The Overton KIds do have a State Agreement with Putnam to allow them to go to Monterey and our factored in number wise to Student Enrollment.  So my question is,  does YAI have to count Clarkrange's ennrollment when they Co-op to allow Football players to play on YAI's team?  IF so, Shouldnt they be 4A and playing LA, Stone, Dekalb?

I don't know how the Co-op works.  But a quick look at TSSAA and you can read it.  And you can see Monterey has Co op program with Cookeville to allow them to participate in wrestling.  

A cooperative program is defined as two or more member schools forming a single team in a sport in which at least one of the schools does not have a team and has not had a team for the previous two years.

The association office approves cooperative programs on an annual basis. Each year, schools wishing to participate in a cooperative program must notify the state office prior to the first practice date in the sport(s) involved.

When co-ops are approved the list below and the school's directory page are updated to reflect the co-op status.

If your school has students participating with another school's team and you do not see the relationship shown below then the agreement has not be approved by the state office. You should contact the state office as soon as possible to resolve the situation.

And two of the teams are on Yorks schedule every year.  

Edited by YAIDAD