1A Mr. Basketball candidates.

UConnAlum94

On 1/29/2023 at 5:15 PM, Dawgs40classof00 said:

Cadon Buckles from Hampton should definitely be in the conversation. Humble young man who does not care about personal awards, just wants to win. Team is sitting 18-5 right now ranked #3 in the State AP Polls in Single A. 
24 points per game, 4 rebounds a game, 3 assists a game, 2 steals a game, 81% foul shots, 56% from the field. 1000pt career club.  Then Mr. Basketball is to take in academics as well. Cadon has a weighted GPA of 4.7 for his High School classes, 32 ACT Composite score, then he has a 4.0 at Northeast State Community College where he will graduate with his College Associates Degree prior to graduation of High School and has a 4.0 there making the Presidents List. Cadon plays for a team that he doesn’t get sets ran for him and they just play the game. I really feel like this young man Cadon Buckles should be in the conversation at the very least. Feel also, JasonBritton from NG should be in the discussion. Very talented young man and player. 

Edited by Dawgs40classof00

20 minutes ago, Dawgs40classof00 said:

Cadon Buckles from Hampton should definitely be in the conversation. Humble young man who does not care about personal awards, just wants to win. Team is sitting 18-5 right now ranked #3 in the State AP Polls in Single A. 
24 points per game, 4 rebounds a game, 3 assists a game, 2 steals a game, 81% foul shots, 56% from the field. 1000pt career club.  Then Mr. Basketball is to take in academics as well. Cadon has a weighted GPA of 4.7 for his High School classes, 32 ACT Composite score, then he has a 4.0 at Northeast State Community College where he will graduate with his College Associates Degree prior to graduation of High School and has a 4.0 there making the Presidents List. Cadon plays for a team that he doesn’t get sets ran for him and they just play the game. I really feel like this young man Cadon Buckles should be in the conversation at the very least. Feel also, JasonBritton from NG should be in the discussion. Very talented young man and player. 

Very impressive. Most impressed by his grades and ACT. Congratulations to that young man. He would have my vote!

• Like 1

Jason Britton-NG Jr Guard

28.5 ppg

9.5 rpg

3.8 apg 

2.5 spg 

85% FT

60% FG

40% 3 pt Fg

11 30 + point games this season including a 56 point game a couple of weeks ago. Nearing the 1700 point mark for career. All state guard last year helping lead team to state tournament last season. Team has 16 wins this season, team ranked as high as 9th a couple of weeks ago. Has a 3.8 gpa and perfect attendance at school this year. A honor roll student.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

28.5 ppg

9.5 rpg

3.8 apg 

2.5 spg 

85% FT

60% FG

40% 3 pt Fg

11 30 + point games this season including a 56 point game a couple of weeks ago. Nearing the 1700 point mark for career. All state guard last year helping lead team to state tournament last season. Team has 16 wins this season, team ranked as high as 9th a couple of weeks ago. Has a 3.8 gpa and perfect attendance at school this year. A honor roll student.

2 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

28.5 ppg

9.5 rpg

3.8 apg 

2.5 spg 

85% FT

60% FG

40% 3 pt Fg

Jason is an extremely talented student athlete. He definitely deserves to be in the conversation and I believe a finalist for Mr. Basketball. Would be huge for our conference possibly to get 2 players as finalist. 

1 hour ago, apsugov7 said:

Post their films! Phillips film is 2nd to none! Lets argue!

Not here to argue at all. Just simply putting out facts about student athletes who are definitely worthy of being in the conversation for their work on and off the court. Highlight films are nice, but knowing the full product of a student athlete with their performances on the court, their character as well as how the perform in the classroom is what the coveted award is all about! 

2 minutes ago, Dawgs40classof00 said:

Jason is an extremely talented student athlete. He definitely deserves to be in the conversation and I believe a finalist for Mr. Basketball. Would be huge for our conference possibly to get 2 players as finalist. 

Thank you. I agree it would be awesome for district 1 to have 2 of the finalists. I know we’re rivals lol but we have a ton of respect for Cadon and the entire Hampton program. We know every year to have a chance to get to state you have to get past Hampton. Cadon is a great student athlete that I enjoy watching play. Best of luck the rest of the way and hopefully we can join you all at the Boro next month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dawgs40classof00 said:

Not here to argue at all. Just simply putting out facts about student athletes who are definitely worthy of being in the conversation for their work on and off the court. Highlight films are nice, but knowing the full product of a student athlete with their performances on the court, their character as well as how the perform in the classroom is what the coveted award is all about! 

I agree 100%

11 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

Thank you. I agree it would be awesome for district 1 to have 2 of the finalists. I know we’re rivals lol but we have a ton of respect for Cadon and the entire Hampton program. We know every year to have a chance to get to state you have to get past Hampton. Cadon is a great student athlete that I enjoy watching play. Best of luck the rest of the way and hopefully we can join you all at the Boro next month.

Thank you for the kind words as well. No guarantee for any of us to get there. I pray all these student athletes stay healthy. We know we must go through North Greene and University High as well. 

Edited by Dawgs40classof00