1A Mr. Basketball candidates.

UConnAlum94

Garrett Giles at greenback should be in the running     The kid can play ball    averaging well over 20 pts a game 10+rebounds   he plays with a great attitude and a big motor from anywhere on the floor     and is a straight  A  student and a great kid     only a sophomore and has several colleges looking at him    should certainly be in the running  

21 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Buckles will probably win it, and should! My top five would be:

Buckles - Hampton 

Robinson - Middleton

Pryor - Rockwood 

McNealy - Jellico 

Matthews - Perry Co.

Add Britton from North Green just saw he scored 56 or something one night and averages 28.5 ppg. I still think Buckles is the front runner, but could be anyones race. 

On 1/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Add Britton from North Green just saw he scored 56 or something one night and averages 28.5 ppg. I still think Buckles is the front runner, but could be anyones 

On 1/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Buckles will probably win it, and should! My top five would be:

Buckles - Hampton 

Robinson - Middleton

Pryor - Rockwood 

McNealy - Jellico 

Matthews - Perry Co.

Cadon Buckles from Hampton should definitely be in the conversation. Humble young man who does not care about personal awards, just wants to win. Team is sitting 18-5 right now ranked #5 in the State AP Polls in Single A. 
24 points per game, 4 rebounds a game, 3 assists a game, 2 steals a game, 81% foul shots, 56% from the field. 1000pt career club.  Then Mr. Basketball is to take in academics as well. Cadon has a weighted GPA of 4.7 for his High School classes, 32 ACT Composite score, then he has a 4.0 at Northeast State Community College where he will graduate with his College Associates Degree prior to graduation of High School and has a 4.0 there making the Presidents List. Cadon plays for a team that he doesn’t get sets ran for him and they just play the game. I really feel like this young man Cadon Buckles should be in the conversation at the very least. Feel also, Jason Britton from NG should be in the discussion. Very talented young man and player. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Add Britton from North Green just saw he scored 56 or something one night and averages 28.5 ppg. I still think Buckles is the front runner, but could be anyones race. 

Britton, Phillips & Pryor will be hurt by their team’s records. Even though it doesnt necessarily correlate, voters are strongly influenced by team records. Robinson and Buckles have an advantage based on their team’s records. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:15 PM, MSUBac2001 said:

Britton, Phillips & Pryor will be hurt by their team’s records. Even though it doesnt necessarily correlate, voters are strongly influenced by team records. Robinson and Buckles have an advantage based on their team’s records. 

Phillips’s team is in first place and many of their losses are to higher classification teams…Only 3 losses are to 1A teams!

Edited by apsugov7

1 hour ago, tonym3143 said:

Right, and Middleton has a 1 pt loss to Fayette Ware, a top 10 AAA rival...no losses to a A or AA

Cadon Buckles from Hampton has led his team to 0 losses from A-AA or AAA schools in Tennessee. Only loses from Tennessee Schools are to defending State 4A State Champions Dobyns-Bennett, 4A Farragut and 4A Oak Ridge. Other 2 losses was in Orlando, FL against William R Boone and Oviedo both have 6x the enrollment of students as a 7A and a 6A school there in Florida. Middletons schedule is ranked 60th of 80ish Single A schools in Tennessee. Taking nothing away from any of these kids just putting facts out there. Feel like all the kids I have seen mention should be in the conversation for sure