Round 2 of Jackson South Side versus South Gibson!

HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree it will be a comfortable double digit margin. But South Side is probably the best team in the state. Going to be lots of teams in panick mode when they play them with all the pressure. South Gibson will battle a while but South Side is a different animal. I would see South Gibson making a good state run if shots are falling though

Yeah, and we get the pleasure of playing them 3 probably 4 times. Maybe 5 if we make it to state... They are a different animal for sure. I have been proud of our girls for playing them hard both times we played them. The first time we played I actually thought we might win the game at the end. Both games we started in a big hole and just could not completely recover from it. Either silly turnovers, or can't buy a basket from behind the arch. None the less, SS girls are fierce competitors and you must respect that. I just wish their coach would quit crying to the official the entire game about every possible missed call... It is rather annoying. 

11 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Yeah, and we get the pleasure of playing them 3 probably 4 times. Maybe 5 if we make it to state... They are a different animal for sure. I have been proud of our girls for playing them hard both times we played them. The first time we played I actually thought we might win the game at the end. Both games we started in a big hole and just could not completely recover from it. Either silly turnovers, or can't buy a basket from behind the arch. None the less, SS girls are fierce competitors and you must respect that. I just wish their coach would quit crying to the official the entire game about every possible missed call... It is rather annoying. 

The Region Finals would be a better time to knock South Side off if an upset took place to avoid the trip to Creekwood. Going to be tough. South Side Coach is very vocal to his players. He does a great job. As far as officials he works them but I don’t think any more than any other good coach. South Gibson’s coach got a technical last game so the refs here it somewhat and should if they are making bad calls. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The Region Finals would be a better time to knock South Side off if an upset took place to avoid the trip to Creekwood. Going to be tough. South Side Coach is very vocal to his players. He does a great job. As far as officials he works them but I don’t think any more than any other good coach. South Gibson’s coach got a technical last game so the refs here it somewhat and should if they are making bad calls. 

Agreed, he does do a great job. It just seemed to me every time I looked his way he was crying to the officials. 

I am not sure I have been to a game this year that a coach wasn't "crying" to the officials. I saw both Mitch and John Wilkins doing it, I saw Haskins doing it, I saw McNeal do it, I saw Embry do it, I saw Starks do it, I saw Chatman do it, I saw Liberty girls coach do it, I saw Fayette Ware boys coach do it, I saw Ayers do it, I saw TCA girls coach do it. I can go on and on. I believe as a coach that's part of your job. When I coached youth league, I did it too. As a coach you have to have your kids back and if that means getting on the officials case when you feel like your kids are getting fouled then that's what you are supposed to do. I like to see coaches working the officials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I am not sure I have been to a game this year that a coach wasn't "crying" to the officials. I saw both Mitch and John Wilkins doing it, I saw Haskins doing it, I saw McNeal do it, I saw Embry do it, I saw Starks do it, I saw Chatman do it, I saw Liberty girls coach do it, I saw Fayette Ware boys coach do it, I saw Ayers do it, I saw TCA girls coach do it. I can go on and on. I believe as a coach that's part of your job. When I coached youth league, I did it too. As a coach you have to have your kids back and if that means getting on the officials case when you feel like your kids are getting fouled then that's what you are supposed to do. I like to see coaches working the officials.

But he only sees Mcneal do it smh! That’s pitiful only one man cries to the ref lol. Breaking news they all cry @manofmillions 

14 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

SS by 18 plus. SS is tournament battle-tested, and Coach B will have his team focused. I don't think SG can handle the 4 quarters of pressure that SS will bring the entire game. To be in the game with SS, it's going to take a team with a dominant point guard, two other very good supporting guards who can handle the ball and shoot it very well, and a team that will have to be nearly even on the boards with rebounding numbers. 

I say SS by 12 in a very hostile environment! They hate us & we hate them! I love it 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Side by 25. It is post season and I don't see South Side experimenting with line ups from this point forward so they will play their main players the entire game. That will be trouble for South Gibson. They just don't match up

If we stay out of foul trouble this prediction could very well happen! I definitely hope you’re right 

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree it will be a comfortable double digit margin. But South Side is probably the best team in the state. Going to be lots of teams in panick mode when they play them with all the pressure. South Gibson will battle a while but South Side is a different animal. I would see South Gibson making a good state run if shots are falling though

Thanks! I would agree our starting 5 is 2nd to none! If we stay out of foul trouble but continue to play aggressive, it will be trouble for a lot of people! Let’s face nobody shots fall at the Murphy Center, most scores be 35-32. Make your layups & free throws & you will be ok 

14 hours ago, maddams said:

I think this is probably a 12-15 point South Side win. 

Foul trouble could play a role in this game.  Neither team has much depth.  Foul trouble for South Gibson could turn this into a blowout quickly.  Foul trouble for South Side could make this a tight game down the stretch.

Really good possibility that these two teams play a fourth time the following week.

I agree for the most part. Name a deeper team in Tennessee? I agree we isn’t deep as we usually are but tell me who is going to their bench in a close game? Our freshman & sophomores are capable of playing big minutes. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Bingo you said a mouthful! Most people don’t like Coach Mcneal but he is the Lebron James of high school coaches! I can’t wait to let my daughter play for him when she becomes of age! He will go to war beyond his team like they’re his own & he is considered “crying” lol I love it! We love it all!