Class (A) Individual and Team Predictions

cowcatcherII

I will say this…we are about to have a great three days of wrestling in the single A division!. We are going to get some incredible matchups right out of the gate on Thursday. I expect the team race to be extremely tight between Greeneville, Halls, Signal, and Pigeon Forge. Halls is an interesting tournament team because they don’t have the hammers that Greeneville, Signal, and Pigeon Forge do, but I expect them to have quite a few placers. I think they got hurt by the brackets being “separated” v. actually being seeded. The bottom half of the bracket for 138 is a great example where Harlen would need to beat Hawkinson and my pick to win it, Davenport, just to make the finals.

For Halls to win…

-3 finalists between the following 5 guys… Cook (120), Hutchison (132), Hunley (138), Whaley (160), and Goodman (220)

-Sexton to place at 126 and Whaley to place at 152

For Greeneville to win…

-Dupill (120), Mason (145), and Dupill (152) to all win and that’s a given

-Lowery to make the finals at 195

-Oakley (106), Castillo (126), Herrell (160), or Feltner (285) to win a couple matches

For Signal to win…

-Three brothers all win… I expect them to but I heard Cable gave Ethan all he could handle at the Sectionals

-Davis to make the finals. Davis v. McCoy in the semis is a must for Signal

-Higdon (106) and Winchester (220) to place

For Pigeon Forge to win…

-3 finalists between the 5 following guys… Cable (126), Howard (160), Little (170), Howard (195), and Wolfe (285)

-Malik Boiling from East Nashville v. Wolfe in the semis is a must for Pigeon Forge.  That and the 152 match for Signal have major implications for both teams.

-Hood to place at 145

Man...Soddy Daisy must be sick about Flavin and Dyer missing weight. They would have as good of a chance as any of these four if those two were in the field this week. I don't know how that happens and at this time of the year of all times too... 

Here are my weight by weight predictions. I want to hear what others are thinking, so please share yours as well!

1. Chris Lagorio (Hixson)

2. Samuel Comes (Seymour)

3. Blake Allen (Gibbs)

4. Justin Muniz (Green Hill)

5. Luke Higdon (Signal Mountain)

6. John Haney (Upperman)

1. JoJo Uhorchuk (Signal Mountain)

2. Luke Carpenter (East Hamilton)

3. Evan Glass (Volunteer)

4. Ezra Finstad (Gibbs)

5. Kyle Nielsen (Spring Hill)

6. Lucas Martin (Hillwood)

1. Carson Dupill (Greeneville)

2. Henry Ribble (Fairview)

3. Landon Turner (Harpeth)

4. Charles Duncan (Soddy Daisy)

5. David Cook (Halls)

6. Gabe Miller (Elizabethton)

1. Ethan Uhorchuk (Signal Mountain)

2. Andy Cable (Pigeon Forge)

3. Drew Lewis (Soddy Daisy)

4. Jordan Sexton (Halls)

5. Thomas Brown (Page)

6. Aaron Waller (East Hamilton)

1. Caleb Uhorchuk (Signal Mountain)

2. Sam Hutchison (Halls)

3. Greg Gomez (MLK)

4. Jacob Pennington (Eagleville)

5. Keegan Seaver (Fairview)

6. Jake Ferrell (David Crockett)

1. Dylan Davenport (Sycamore)

2. Brody McLemore (Eagleville)

3. Harlen Hunley (Halls)

4. Braylen Cosper (Soddy Daisy)

5. Grant Hawkinson (Page)

6. Cody Agnell (Tullahoma)

Keep an eye on Luke Athoe (Green Hill) who only lost 5-3 to Hawkinson and 2-1 to Agnell this weekend.

1. Hunter Mason (Greeneville)

2. Luke London (Sycamore)

3. Oleksaudr Warner (Polk County)

4. Ayden Hood (Pigeon Forge)

5. Caleb Adkins (Tullahoma)

6. Thomas Solomon (Eagleville)

Zalven Welch (Soddy Daisy) and Kaden Weitzel (Livingston Academy) are two other guys capable of pulling some upsets

1. Colin Dupill (Greeneville)

2. Jackson Davis (Signal Mountain)

3. Nikolas Taylor (White House Heritage)

4. Seth McCoy (Forrest)

5. Barrett Whaley (Halls)

6. Anthony Copeland (East Ridge)

I would not be surprised to see Rawlinson (Soddy Daisy) on the podium this weekend.

1. Elijah Turner (Soddy Daisy)

2. Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge)

3. Thomas Magness (Harpeth)

4. Briar Whaley (Halls)

5. Malachi Bennett (Fairview)

6. Josh Ward (Page)

Jerzy Hendrix (Tullahoma) had a rough weekend, but he is a potential bracket buster. You have 7 guys all capable of beating each other in this one. Can’t wait to see this one play out!

1. Jake Stacey (Green Hill)

2. Herbert Little (Pigeon Forge)

3. Colton Ferrell (David Crockett)

4. Michael Carter (Spring Hill)

5. Daniel White (Cheatham County Central)

6. Houston Retting (Eagleville)

1. Logan Heckert (Sycamore)

2. Kobe Smith (Red Bank)

3. Elijah Hubbs (Gibbs)

4. Gabe Ferrell (David Crockett)

5. Connor Avans (Tullahoma)

6. Caleb Richardson (East Hamilton)

1. Kendrick Curtis (Fairview)

2. Morgan Lowery (Greeneville)

3. Aiden Howard (Pigeon Forge)

4. Nathan Downey (Green Hill)

5. John Geist (Livingston Academy)

6. Marshall Jones (Sullivan East)

1. Rob Atwood (Trousdale County)

2. Bull Goodman (Halls)

3. Jacob Winchester (Signal Mountain)

4. Cayden Buchannon (Spring Hill)

5. Anthony Rigby (Harpeth)

6. Michael Cloud (MLK)

1. Malik Boiling (East Nashville Magnet School)

2. Zach Smith (Munford)

3. Caleb Wolfe (Pigeon Forge)

4. Evan Dixon (Sycamore)

5. Ronan O’Connell (Page)

6. Landon Brooks (Gibbs)

Boiling had a great weekend but can he do it again when the stakes are this high? Will Wolfe finally break through (I really hope so!), but it’s going to be tough. Similar to 160, any of these guys are capable of winning it in my opinion.

Team

1. Signal Mountain

2. Pigeon Forge

3. Greeneville

4. Halls

5. Sycamore

6. Soddy Daisy 

7. Fairview

8. Gibbs

9. Green Hill

10. Eagleville

Man...Soddy Daisy must be sick about Flavin and Dyer missing weight. They would have as good of a chance as any of these four if those two were in the field this week. I don't know how that happens and at this time of the year of all times too... 

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter on this... weren't we all just being told about how smart/elite of a coach the brand new bearded wizard of the round gym is? Surely he has to understand that on you must be on time and on weight to have a chance.  

24 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter on this... weren't we all just being told about how smart/elite of a coach the brand new bearded wizard of the round gym is? Surely he has to understand that on you must be on time and on weight to have a chance.  

As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink! Flavin should be running bleachers until he pukes so he remembers this is to never happen again, Dyer screwed himself, shows up late and not on weight and because he showed up late is not able to lose enough to make weight. So he goes from most likely state champ to sitting at home watching it with the likes of you. But to have a team even in contention speaks volumns about the coaching because he made due with heavies that as we saw weren't top 4 in sectionals(2 not even top 4 in region) 182-285 but yet should have at the least finished 2nd in the state at duals and took out a top team like PF that didnt even make it to state but has some very good wrestlers throughout their entire lineup. I mean if Dyer just makes weight they very well could have caught PF and finished 2nd to Signal who has just a very tough tournament team where studs can carry you. But I am sick for the boys at Soddy as far as the team that were let down by those 2, even before i start thinking of those 2 who let themselves down but have no one else to blame but themselves.

106-LAgorio vs Comes= Comes

113- Jojo U vs Martin= Jojo

120- Carson Dupill vs Ribble= Dupill

126- Ethan U vs Cable= Ethan

132- Caleb U vs Hutchison= Caleb

138- Cosper vs Hunley= Hunley

145- Mason vs London= Mason

152- Colin Dupill vs McCoy= Dupill

160- Whaley vs Magness= Whaley

170-Ferrell vs Stacey= Stacey

182- Heckert vs Smith= Heckert

195- Curtis vs Lowery= Curtis

220- Atwood vs Goodman= Atwood

285- Wolfe vs Smith= Wolfe

dont give 2 craps about team scores, never have never will at a individual tourney

8 hours ago, BobCorker said:

I just can't believe the coaches were not more on top of it after Flavin missed weight the week before. Yes, the kids should be on weight especially at this point in the season, but one would think the coach is also responsible for making sure their team is properly prepared to take the mat and that starts with having the wrestlers on weight.

At least Flavin has 3 more years. Can you imagine being Dyer and his family though? Move schools and houses just to wrestle all to not even be able to take the mat. We can point the finger at him, the coaches, or whoever, but you've got to feel for the poor kid. He's been through a lot in the past month or so. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

Here are some quarterfinal matchups that I am really looking forward to! Seeing this on Thursday that early in the tournament is a gift for us fans. Who do you guys have in some of these?

John Haney (Upperman) v. Luke Higdon (Signal Mountain)

Luke Carpenter (East Hamilton) v. Lucas Martin (Hillwood)

Charles Duncan (Soddy) v. David Cook (Halls)

Harlen Hunley (Halls) v. Grant Hawkinson (Page)

Caleb Adkins (Tullahoma) v. Ayden Hood (Pigeon Forge)

Briar Whaley (Halls) v. Malachi Bennett (Fairview)/Jerzy Hendrix (Tullahoma) winner

Josh Ward (Page) v. Wyatt Howard (Pigeon Forge)

Dawson Jones (Sullivan East) v. Thomas Magness (Harpeth)

Gilman Reid (Gibbs) v. Daniel White (Cheatham Co. Central)

Logan Heckert (Sycamore) v. Gabe Ferrell (David Crockett)

Caleb Richardson (East Hamilton) v. Connor Avans (Tullahoma)

Michael Cloud (MLK) v. Jacob Winchester (Signal Mountain)

Anthony Rigby (Harpeth) v. Tyson Click (Samuel Everett School of Innovation)

Bull Goodman (Halls) v. Cayden Buchannon (Spring Hill)/Micah Hardaway (Red Bank) winner

Landon Brooks (Gibbs) v. Evan Dixon (Sycamore)

Ronan O'Connell (Page) v. Zach Smith (Munford)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cowcatcherII said:

I just can't believe the coaches were not more on top of it after Flavin missed weight the week before. Yes, the kids should be on weight especially at this point in the season, but one would think the coach is also responsible for making sure their team is properly prepared to take the mat and that starts with having the wrestlers on weight.

At least Flavin has 3 more years. Can you imagine being Dyer and his family though? Move schools and houses just to wrestle all to not even be able to take the mat. We can point the finger at him, the coaches, or whoever, but you've got to feel for the poor kid. He's been through a lot in the past month or so. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

I couldn’t believe either happened when I found out. Hopefully Flavin grows up and doesn’t allow this to happen again.

Dyer was real late to weigh in, nothing a coach can do there unless he goes to pick him up himself. I hate it for Dyer, most likely would be crowned a state champ this coming weekend and instead his career is over.  Sadly can use them as examples to future wrestlers on what not to do if you want to win a state title or do really well at state.