Next Year 3A Region 6

WestTNHoopsFan

On 3/29/2023 at 9:03 AM, OldSportsGuy said:

I think it is just as bad in Jackson

just a smaller scale because it is a smaller city.

open enrollment for middle schoolers to play anywhere they want and mix in the private schools (USJ TCA JCS sacred heart) and you would think the middle school games are an AAU event during the recruiting window in Jackson.  

I agree. Kids "Undecided" in the 8th grade... LOL.  

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this is gonna hurt some feelings. But I don’t have a dog in this fight. Just a middle Tn guy who watches a lot of ball.

Having seen all these teams play….

Fairview is overhyped from last year. They have been a 3a school playing in a 2a district for a while. They lost their 3rd maybe 4th best player from last year but returned 3/4s if not more of their scoring from last year, so they should be good. Now they struggle against teams of equal caliber. This is the year for them though. Once they graduate this class, they are really gonna struggle the next few years competing in 3a. 

creekwood is solid. They are well coached and disciplined. Great at running their offense and finding open looks. Their point gaurd is the weakest link. He can cost them the game with his bad decisions. A lot of those kids have been playing a lot of varsity ball for a while.  And find ways to win and compete, but they are beatable and they are not very dominant. 

sycamore is better than anyone expected. They mostly score around the basket and 12 ft out. Really good rebounders. DIRTY AS CRAP. Watched a kid hold a players arm down on tip off. Then  3 plays later that same player  stuck his leg out and waited on a guy to trip running down the floor. Got a tech for that one. They got about 4 techs against Cheatham for just being cocky. They obviously aren’t used to winning. Coach doesn’t seem to care so they probably won’t fair in tournamnet time when players start sitting. 

MC is MC of last year… 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 9:52 PM, BackThatPassUp said:

this is gonna hurt some feelings. But I don’t have a dog in this fight. Just a middle Tn guy who watches a lot of ball.

Having seen all these teams play….

Fairview is overhyped from last year. They have been a 3a school playing in a 2a district for a while. They lost their 3rd maybe 4th best player from last year but returned 3/4s if not more of their scoring from last year, so they should be good. Now they struggle against teams of equal caliber. This is the year for them though. Once they graduate this class, they are really gonna struggle the next few years competing in 3a. 

creekwood is solid. They are well coached and disciplined. Great at running their offense and finding open looks. Their point gaurd is the weakest link. He can cost them the game with his bad decisions. A lot of those kids have been playing a lot of varsity ball for a while.  And find ways to win and compete, but they are beatable and they are not very dominant. 

sycamore is better than anyone expected. They mostly score around the basket and 12 ft out. Really good rebounders. DIRTY AS CRAP. Watched a kid hold a players arm down on tip off. Then  3 plays later that same player  stuck his leg out and waited on a guy to trip running down the floor. Got a tech for that one. They got about 4 techs against Cheatham for just being cocky. They obviously aren’t used to winning. Coach doesn’t seem to care so they probably won’t fair in tournamnet time when players start sitting. 

MC is MC of last year… 

Fairview will be ok in this region, out of it they have struggled. They have 2 of the best players in this region