Warren County girls coaching job open

Tripdub14

On 4/13/2023 at 7:27 AM, Tully123 said:

It's gonna be bad whoever gets the job, I still am amazed that the previous coach left it in shambles. He should have stayed 1 more year for the younger kids. He went .500 with the most talent Warren Co has had in 40 years, I can't imagine how bad next years team would be with him at the helm. Team gets down and he quit on them, left the struggles to someone else, that is how the world works these days smh. He should have taken notes from the Boyd coach, he could have quit after last season but I read yesterday that he stayed 1 more season for the younger kids and so it wouldn't look like he was just after wins, kudos to him. Sounds like a great guy with high values.

If you know the previous coach you could see this coming. He chased only wins with no relationship building with the middle schools in the county. They will be bad for years and a lot of it is his fault.

Still not been filled from what I’ve heard. McMurtry has applied and I would imagine he’s the front runner for the job.

As far as what Lippe managed to accomplish, he took over a team that had no JV team, no freshman team and went from 2 wins to 20* 2 years in a row.. I’ll say the girls he had were mostly responsible for the success, and the girls remaining have a long road ahead of them. They are returning 1 starter and 2 others with varsity experience.. he didn’t trust anyone outside of the starting 5 and it was evident in the development of the younger kids. There is some decent talent coming up but WCs county school setup is challenging and it will take those kids a season or more to jive. They will be very young this year, but they have some decent size and talent retuning so the right coach can build around them. 

The word around is that they have started cold calling coaches to see if anyone would be interested. Sounds like they didn't get any big name applicant that they think they should have. It's hard to draw a big name when they can't compete salary wise with other systems that are within driving distance from McMinnville like a Rutherford County and even a little further like a Williamson County. Both of those systems are getting raises again and they already were paying much better than Warren Co. The folks in charge may need to temper the expectations there a little bit, only returning 1 kid from a team where as it has been said there were only 6 that saw meaningful minutes and with no development in the younger kids, it might take a little bit to get back to where they were just at. So, I wouldn't expect a Chad Hibdon, John Wild, Kyle Turnham, etc... type name to be interested in going there. 

On 4/29/2023 at 1:27 PM, BigOrangeBaller said:

The word around is that they have started cold calling coaches to see if anyone would be interested. Sounds like they didn't get any big name applicant that they think they should have. It's hard to draw a big name when they can't compete salary wise with other systems that are within driving distance from McMinnville like a Rutherford County and even a little further like a Williamson County. Both of those systems are getting raises again and they already were paying much better than Warren Co. The folks in charge may need to temper the expectations there a little bit, only returning 1 kid from a team where as it has been said there were only 6 that saw meaningful minutes and with no development in the younger kids, it might take a little bit to get back to where they were just at. So, I wouldn't expect a Chad Hibdon, John Wild, Kyle Turnham, etc... type name to be interested in going there. 

It is getting very late in the year to be making a significant change at this point in any situation. Those names you mentioned that is funny.  When is the last time those have won without being carried by the talent given to them? 

9 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

Heard there is a new front runner for this spot. He interviewed today according to the word on the street... Bud Brandon...

That name is even better than the previous ones you threw out earlier.  There must of been no interest in the warren county job if Brandon is the front runner.  

15 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

Heard there is a new front runner for this spot. He interviewed today according to the word on the street... Bud Brandon...

What’s this guys background? Is he the one that was at cannon a few years back and at Smyrna as well? 

Edited by Tripdub14