Warren County girls coaching job open

Tripdub14

Seems as though WC is willing to hire anyone with a pulse for the job to avoid hiring the current ms coach Stotts. 

And how does someone get the scoop that Lippe has been promoted to AD and doesn’t know who Bud Brandon is? Especially since he’s literally helping with the current high school boys WC Elite aau program. IYKYK

10 hours ago, Onlooker01 said:

Seems as though WC is willing to hire anyone with a pulse for the job to avoid hiring the current ms coach Stotts. 

And how does someone get the scoop that Lippe has been promoted to AD and doesn’t know who Bud Brandon is? Especially since he’s literally helping with the current high school boys WC Elite aau program. IYKYK

Great point he is trying to hide behind his name when people can follow previous post and figure out who he is behind the screen.

If you’re referring to me you have me confused with someone else.. I have no affiliation with WC, the program or their travel program (they don’t play AAU, they play travel there is a major difference). 

I got the “scoop” about Lippe from social media, particularly the local media outlets confirmed that an announcement about Lippe would be made at some point in the future and the speculation is that he is taking the AD role since the current AD is moving into another role to backfill another position. I’m simply a fan who has enjoyed watching the team grow, and has a vested interest in watching them continue to improve. 

I am not, and have never been a coach so I have no clue who most of the names are that have been named are, outside of a few local folks like Slatton and Stotts. So when names are dropped, I search them on here and google to find out who they are.

I have, however, known Mr. Hobbs for a very long time and I am confident that he will do what is right for the program, so if that means he continues his search to find the best potential candidate for the job. At the end of the day, he is proud of his community and wants to do his part to make the community proud.

Stotts would make the most sense at this point, since she knows what she has sent up to the high school, but she isn't the "name" that they are desperately searching for... I have heard great things about Hobbs, but I am not sure that this deep dig to try and find a "name" is his doings. He has been around for a long time and I think he gets that the program is not one of the top tier programs in the state that would draw that "name" that they are wanting so bad. Just seems like they are wasting a lot of valuable time to get a new coach in to hold spring practice, get the summer calendar set, etc... Digging a bigger hole is what it looks like and pushing the program backwards for sure... 

43 minutes ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

Stotts would make the most sense at this point, since she knows what she has sent up to the high school, but she isn't the "name" that they are desperately searching for... I have heard great things about Hobbs, but I am not sure that this deep dig to try and find a "name" is his doings. He has been around for a long time and I think he gets that the program is not one of the top tier programs in the state that would draw that "name" that they are wanting so bad. Just seems like they are wasting a lot of valuable time to get a new coach in to hold spring practice, get the summer calendar set, etc... Digging a bigger hole is what it looks like and pushing the program backwards for sure... 

I dont disagree, I’ve watched her Middle School team over the past couple of years and they are always competitive even in losses. That, and most of the players that will be left will be a lot of the kids she’s had in her tenure. I think that WC is a little gunshy due to the success of coaches transitioning from MS to HS there have been iffy.. Sullens did well, Panter did not. It goes back further than that, those are just the two that stick out.

The bigger concern imo is the timing, most programs have set tryouts, camps, practice schedules etc and this is going to put this team significantly behind if they don’t get a move on. This hire should have been made 2 months ago when the writing was on the wall. Everyone that watched them play knows that Lippe had no intentions in coming back based on his lack of development of the younger group.. he rode out the talent that was there to make him look good and knew that there would be a major step back this next year and his ego most likely couldn’t support that kinda blow.

Just my 2 cents 

At this point, maybe it’s time to take a Chance on Stotts. Being “gunshy” about former coaches from ms makes no sense bc there has been no rhyme or reason to any hiring in WC for years. The Chances she succeeds or fails are the same as any of the candidates that aren’t former ms coaches. Talent is what will determine the success ultimately anyway. If you have a Chance encounter with Hobbs, maybe pass along your two cents about how you think he’s going to do the best thing for WC and also how you already think they’ve set the program back by not doing this two months ago. Maybe, by Chance, it will get them to hire somebody before camps start in June. Or they’ll be taking another Chance that they start camps 24 hours after tryouts like last year with the boys.

14 minutes ago, Onlooker01 said:

At this point, maybe it’s time to take a Chance on Stotts. Being “gunshy” about former coaches from ms makes no sense bc there has been no rhyme or reason to any hiring in WC for years. The Chances she succeeds or fails are the same as any of the candidates that aren’t former ms coaches. Talent is what will determine the success ultimately anyway. If you have a Chance encounter with Hobbs, maybe pass along your two cents about how you think he’s going to do the best thing for WC and also how you already think they’ve set the program back by not doing this two months ago. Maybe, by Chance, it will get them to hire somebody before camps start in June. Or they’ll be taking another Chance that they start camps 24 hours after tryouts like last year with the boys.

:) 

Congrats to Coach Stotts.  Welcome to the head coaching position at WCHS.  Where lots of people will be glad to offer you advice about what you should be doing.  No matter how successful you are as a coach, they will still be glad to tear you down.  Because after all, Warren County has had unmatched athletic success in all sports.