Science Hill

WBNC83

30 minutes ago, Tab said:

It was not the 3rd baseman it was the pitcher covering 3rd. If you were there looks like you would know. There is a video that shows the whole episode on the Times News site.

Oh, well just pardon the the heck out of me!!!

Would it make you feel better if I went back and replaced "3B" with "the fielder standing on 3B?"

Edited by crazzyness

Still wrong it was the pitcher covering 3rd. If you are going to write an essay about what happened get it correct. 
About the player spitting no one knows except the 2 player’s involved. I think it is an easy solution kick both teams out. Greeneville gets a bye next round and TN High won’t be penalized by burning their pitching staff.

Edited by Tab

Looked at the video several times the runner comes into third standing and puts a forearm elbow into the 3rd baseman. 3rd baseman not inhibiting any further advancement of the runner. HOWEVER, the 3rd baseman cold cocks the runner and the benches clear. Coaches do a great job. Some fans do a great job as well. I’d say the TSSAA working overtime today. UC runner sneaky dirty. Per my wifey, a proud 1974 Unicoi County cheerleader. Go Toppers!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Looked at the video several times the runner comes into third standing and puts a forearm elbow into the 3rd baseman. 3rd baseman not inhibiting any further advancement of the runner. HOWEVER, the 3rd baseman cold cocks the runner and the benches clear. Coaches do a great job. Some fans do a great job as well. I’d say the TSSAA working overtime today. UC runner sneaky dirty. Per my wifey, a proud 1974 Unicoi County cheerleader. Go Toppers!

If the TSSAA worked -- much less worked overtime --- on Sunday, they'd have issued a ruling on the status of Unicoi County and Elizabethton by Sunday. But they've announced one won't come until Monday. Because it's the TSSAA.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Agreed, the contact created by the runner was somewhat excessive.

That said, the guy in 3rd was absolutely obstructing the runner's path. Directly on the bag, without the ball. IF the game continues (I'd honestly be surprised if it did,) if officiated correctly, that runner should be granted home by rule. Wether he had intent to advance to home is irrelevant in NFHS rules. Once the runner is obstructed, by rule, he is awarded the next base. (6-1-H.2 NFHS)

Edited by crazzyness

25 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

Agreed, the contact created by the runner was somewhat excessive.

That said, the guy in 3rd was absolutely obstructing the runner's path. Directly on the bag, without the ball. IF the game continues (I'd honestly be surprised if it did,) if officiated correctly, that runner should be granted home by rule. Wether he had intent to advance to home is irrelevant in NFHS rules. Once the runner is obstructed, by rule, he is awarded the next base. (6-1-H.2 NFHS)

I'd be surprised, too, if the game were allowed to continue.

By the way, it's now past 12:00 pm on Monday. Has anyone heard anything from the TSSAA about this matter?

2 hours ago, Expatriate said:

I'd be surprised, too, if the game were allowed to continue.

By the way, it's now past 12:00 pm on Monday. Has anyone heard anything from the TSSAA about this matter?

Unicoi was put on restricted probation and disqualified, although they are appealing as they believe they have enough to play. They were fined 1250. Elizabethton was put on restrictive probation for 2 years through the 24-25 season and fined 1750. They were disqualified as well.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, Swipes said:

You definitely missed something.  Greeneville is ranked #1 in 3a and only has two losses on the year (Science Hill who they avenged the loss to and Knox Catholic who is top 5 in Division 2-AA).  Greeneville pitched Sophomore Virginia Tech Commit Carson Quillen who threw a complete game three hitter with 7 strike outs. 

Greeneville also just has one senior starter

• Upvote 1