Bianca Hensley takes over at Cleveland

fooseball95

15 minutes ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Am I missing something?  She didn’t win at Stewart’s Creek really except games she was suppose to win, never did anything special.  They lose a great coach and hire an average coach. 

Tony was a good coach, I wouldn’t say great. And it wasn’t about whether or not he could coach or not because we know Tony is a good coach but cleveland needed a change. The last several years they have lost players to Bradley, for what reason, who knows? I heard it was because kid/parents from the middle school didn’t want to play for him. This may not be true but I’d say they wanted a fresh start with someone who could keep their kids to be able to have any kind of shot against Bradley. It’s a shame that beating Bradley is the measuring stick but it is what it is. I wish Tony nothing but the best. He will have ooltewah contending soon

Edited by fooseball95

23 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Tony was a good coach, I wouldn’t say great. And it wasn’t about whether or not he could coach or not because we know Tony is a good coach but cleveland needed a change. The last several years they have lost players to Bradley, for what reason, who knows? I heard it was because kid/parents from the middle school didn’t want to play for him. This may not be true but I’d say they wanted a fresh start with someone who could keep their kids to be able to have any kind of shot against Bradley. It’s a shame that beating Bradley is the measuring stick but it is what it is. I wish Tony nothing but the best. He will have ooltewah contending soon

Maybe he was not great just like she is not a grand slam hire.  they will still play second to Bradley and girls will continue to go there versus Cleveland.  she just did not want to deal with the Murfreesboro madness that goes on.  Rumor has it Chad Hibdon is looking at taking over in SC now that she has gone and leaving Tullahoma after just one unsuccessful year. 

1 hour ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Maybe he was not great just like she is not a grand slam hire.  they will still play second to Bradley and girls will continue to go there versus Cleveland.  she just did not want to deal with the Murfreesboro madness that goes on.  Rumor has it Chad Hibdon is looking at taking over in SC now that she has gone and leaving Tullahoma after just one unsuccessful year. 

U sound dumb. She’s a great hire. Former all SEC player, ex wnba. Has only coached 4 years and has a 93-30 record back to back district titles and 29 wins this past season. And she has actually beat Bradley before, so I’d say it’s a great hire.

20 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

U sound dumb. She’s a great hire. Former all SEC player, ex wnba. Has only coached 4 years and has a 93-30 record back to back district titles and 29 wins this past season. And she has actually beat Bradley before, so I’d say it’s a great hire.

Yes I’m sorry. Former College and Pro players make great coaches.  First year was beat by Tullahoma in the region.  Second year Rockvale beat them in district quarterfinals. Third year Blackman beats them in the region semifinals.  Last year they change districts and it’s a cake walk and the region is easier yet they still need help from officials in a one point win versus Oakland in the region championship just to go get beat by 30 by the “team they actually beat in Bradley” but it’s a grand slam.  Enjoy the hire and finishing second 

2 hours ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Yes I’m sorry. Former College and Pro players make great coaches.  First year was beat by Tullahoma in the region.  Second year Rockvale beat them in district quarterfinals. Third year Blackman beats them in the region semifinals.  Last year they change districts and it’s a cake walk and the region is easier yet they still need help from officials in a one point win versus Oakland in the region championship just to go get beat by 30 by the “team they actually beat in Bradley” but it’s a grand slam.  Enjoy the hire and finishing second 

Looking at your previous comments on other threads all u do is talk about how coaches or programs suck. Trying to justify how a coach isnt good and discredit from a few loses. What team do u support besides jumping on every thread about girls basketball? I bet they’d finish behind Bradley too in our region

Edited by fooseball95

47 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Looking at your previous comments on other threads all u do is talk about how coaches or programs suck. Trying to justify how a coach isnt good and discredit from a few loses. What team do u support besides jumping on every thread about girls basketball? I bet they’d finish behind Bradley too in our region

Moore County and yes my single a school would get demolished by the much larger Bradley.  

Cleveland had a record of 84 and 32 the last 4 seasons according to this site.  That's a winning percentage of 72%.  I have seen a post on social media where Cleveland has had 22 players over the last 7 years play college basketball.  Didn't Cleveland only win 2 games before Williams got there?  Only time will tell if this is an upgrade.

13 minutes ago, Dadof23 said:

Cleveland had a record of 84 and 32 the last 4 seasons according to this site.  That's a winning percentage of 72%.  I have seen a post on social media where Cleveland has had 22 players over the last 7 years play college basketball.  Didn't Cleveland only win 2 games before Williams got there?  Only time will tell if this is an upgrade.

Those numbers are incorrect as far as wins and loses. Not discrediting Tony at all he was a good coach. Unfortunately the new AD is making changes