So in week 2 we got this:

Tullahoma 16 Coffee Co. 0
Shelbyville 35 Marshall Co. 28
Columbia 27 Dickson Co. 21
Davidson Ady 41 Lincoln Co. 13
South Pitt 28 Franklin Co. 14
Loretto 24 Lawrence Co. 20
Mt. Pleasant 18 Spring Hill 13

Tullahoma's offense can only get better. The defense, and especially special teams, totally dominated Coffee Co. It wasn't even close.

Shelbyville keeps proving they can score. They'll easily beat Manchester this week. 

Columbia beat a bad Dickson Co. team, but couldn't score a point against Marshall Co. They will likely get better each week.

Lincoln Co., Franklin Co., and Lawrence Co. are gonna fight it out for that #4 spot. That begins Friday with Lawrence at Lincoln. I'll take Lawrence.

After Week 2

1. Shelbyville
2. Tullahoma
3. Columbia
4. Franklin Co.
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Lincoln Co.
7. Spring Hill (hey, they scored last week)

Listen to Tullahoma football every week right here: https://www.youtube.com/@TUALightTube

The defense dominated a Team that has only scored 10 points. and put up less than 100 yds of offense in 2 games? The team they played was Terrible.  Tullahoma's offense is atrocious against very poor teams.  72 yards of offense. and 2 First downs.  If a high school has to rely on 40 yard field goals they have no offense.  When your best player is your kicker it is a sad day in Tullahoma FB.  What is really funny is that coaching can't take credit for the Kicker.  The Kickers are like golfers.  They have their own coach to listen to and kick with.  But the coaching can take credit for 72 yards of Offense and 2 first downs.  They can also say how good they are on defense against poor teams.  

Once again Tullahoma will finish 1 or 2 in the region.  Not because they are a good team or coached well.  They are in a poor region and play very poor opponents.  They can win a lot of games with 72 yards of Offense and 2 first downs in this weak region and then one and done in the playoffs. 

23 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

The defense dominated a Team that has only scored 10 points. and put up less than 100 yds of offense in 2 games? The team they played was Terrible.  Tullahoma's offense is atrocious against very poor teams.  72 yards of offense. and 2 First downs.  If a high school has to rely on 40 yard field goals they have no offense.  When your best player is your kicker it is a sad day in Tullahoma FB.  What is really funny is that coaching can't take credit for the Kicker.  The Kickers are like golfers.  They have their own coach to listen to and kick with.  But the coaching can take credit for 72 yards of Offense and 2 first downs.  They can also say how good they are on defense against poor teams.  

Once again Tullahoma will finish 1 or 2 in the region.  Not because they are a good team or coached well.  They are in a poor region and play very poor opponents.  They can win a lot of games with 72 yards of Offense and 2 first downs in this weak region and then one and done in the playoffs. 

Maybe they will Try the Free Kick again this year like two years ago to pad stats.  Class Move when they were up by 20+ (I believe at Lawrence County)

Shouldn't have to pad kicker stats this year.  He will get all the 40 yarders he wants with that out put on offense. 

17 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

I agree with some of your points   I wouldn't call Stewarts Creek or Rockvale, who they play next week , a weak opponent. As for the weak region, you have made your point over and over again. I think we all know it is a weak region. In case you don't know it, the TSSAA sets the regions every 2-4 years.  Tullahoma  nor any other school in Region 5-5A has any control over that.

1 hour ago, SouthernTNguy said:

I agree with some of your points   I wouldn't call Stewarts Creek or Rockvale, who they play next week , a weak opponent. As for the weak region, you have made your point over and over again. I think we all know it is a weak region. In case you don't know it, the TSSAA sets the regions every 2-4 years.  Tullahoma  nor any other school in Region 5-5A has any control over that.

100% Correct.  These guys asked to get back together for years if class size allowed it.  Now they have it and it may be a disadvantage.  Good teams feed off good teams and get better. Bad teams stay bad playing weaker opponents to have a winning record.  Vicious Cycle.  

When people say Dominate Defense Just because you shut out Coffee County it is not saying much!  That is like saying Vanderbilt shut out Sewanee.  Bad on Bad but someone had to win. 

But Lawrence County is in the Region at 1-1 with a big win over Summertown 14-7 and a loss to the always dominate FB program of  Loretto.  20-24   I do keep saying W--K.  I did see South Pitt play Friday and they are STRONG!

19 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

100% Correct.  These guys asked to get back together for years if class size allowed it.  Now they have it and it may be a disadvantage.  Good teams feed off good teams and get better. Bad teams stay bad playing weaker opponents to have a winning record.  Vicious Cycle.  

When people say Dominate Defense Just because you shut out Coffee County it is not saying much!  That is like saying Vanderbilt shut out Sewanee.  Bad on Bad but someone had to win. 

But Lawrence County is in the Region at 1-1 with a big win over Summertown 14-7 and a loss to the always dominate FB program of  Loretto.  20-24   I do keep saying W--K.  I did see South Pitt play Friday and they are STRONG!

We can all get on here and complain about this and that at the end of the day, there is nothing we can do  about it. I suggest  if your a "Tullahoma" fan you go voice your concerns to the school administration. I would say good luck with that, as long as Coach Olive  is the AD, there will be no changes to the coaching staff.

Edited by SouthernTNguy

15 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

There will be some fireworks for sure if somehow Tullahoma is NOT one of the four playoff teams. Still very early 

47 minutes ago, SouthernTNguy said:

We can all get on here and complain about this and that at the end of the day, there is nothing we can do  about it. I suggest  if your a "Tullahoma" fan you go voice your concerns to the school administration. I would say good luck with that, as long as Coach Olive  is the AD, there will be no changes to the coaching staff.

I am stating Facts!  Not Complaining.  I am not in the fan base of Tullahoma.  Tullahoma is not a football prowess, They had a 3 year stretch better than any in their history.  Lots of dudes that were smart and somewhat athletic.  More times than not they are a little above average.  They compete hard and win a big game occasionally when they shouldn't.  But most the times they beat the ones they should beat and lose the others.  Same way forever. Maybe 4 undefeated seasons ever?  Very few 9-1 marks.  All facts here.  I like to see area teams do well but don't blow smoke up our tails with words like "dominate"  when you are playing in the weakest region in the state!

To have people come on here and say a "dominate defense" is wrong! 100%  CC is awful.  Several 1A schools can stop that offense.  They played a solid game against a very low caliber team.  Lets not make it out to be more than it is at the moment.  They are one injury away from not winning another game.  Just hope the kicker doesn't slip and fall trying a free kick later on and hurt something.  I would keep him in bubble wrap and try not to let him count how many field goals he has on the sidelines for a video.  That could be a little hype video for an opposing team.  Kickers are in a very vulnerable position a lot of the time. 

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

There will be some fireworks for sure if somehow Tullahoma is NOT one of the four playoff teams. Still very early 

I think they have to be one of the 4.  Maybe tope 2.  It can still be said it is a weak region.   I think you have said the same?  I do believe an 8-2 season in this region is not very good.  Shelbyville may be the top of the region in the end but they have lots to clean up.  Moving the ball and playing D when needed.  Shelbyville might be the one team that can beat a 4 seed from another region.  

51 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

I think they have to be one of the 4.  Maybe tope 2.  It can still be said it is a weak region.   I think you have said the same?  I do believe an 8-2 season in this region is not very good.  Shelbyville may be the top of the region in the end but they have lots to clean up.  Moving the ball and playing D when needed.  Shelbyville might be the one team that can beat a 4 seed from another region.  

I am definitely not arguing against anything you have said. I agree with the facts. I was just saying I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Tullahoma is one of the four. I think Shelbyville, Lawrence Co, Columbia, and Franklin Co could fight to edge out the TulCats. I'm just curious if any heads would roll if Ttown didn't make the playoffs for a second year in a row. Now if I'm forced with a gun to my head I do believe Tullahoma SHOULD be in the top two. 

33 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I am definitely not arguing against anything you have said. I agree with the facts. I was just saying I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Tullahoma is one of the four. I think Shelbyville, Lawrence Co, Columbia, and Franklin Co could fight to edge out the TulCats. I'm just curious if any heads would roll if Ttown didn't make the playoffs for a second year in a row. Now if I'm forced with a gun to my head I do believe Tullahoma SHOULD be in the top two. 

I don't think anything happens until 4 years.  Not much coming up from middle school either.  If you are winning you get transfers.  Years ago they got students because it was a better school system but not anymore.  It has fallen off over the years.