The new Class 5A Region 5

1 hour ago, City223 said:

i saw somewhere Lawrence county dropped a scrimmage to collinwood and lost a jamboree to mt pleasant. can anyone confirm this?

Yes, Collinwood varsity beat them and Mt. Pleasant. Cwood also topped Summertown and McNairy Central. I think Cwood only gave up 3 varsity tds in all combined scrimmages. Also beat PCHS in a half 8-0. LC has some good players and coaches they just aren’t very composed. 

10 minutes ago, CwoodGreen said:

Yes, Collinwood varsity beat them and Mt. Pleasant. Cwood also topped Summertown and McNairy Central. I think Cwood only gave up 3 varsity tds in all combined scrimmages. Also beat PCHS in a half 8-0. LC has some good players and coaches they just aren’t very composed. 

do you know the score from the collinwood/summertown game and collinwood/lawrence county game

23 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I think it's safe to say that most on this thread are expecting big things from Tullahoma. The pressure is on! Region champs or bust

I

1 hour ago, ScottShasteen said:

My predicted order of finish is:

1. Tullahoma
2. Shelbyville
3. Lawrence Co.
4. Lincoln Co.
5. Columbia
6. Franklin Co.
7. Spring Hill

I think Tullahoma is better than they were at this point last year.  You can't always go by scrimmages.  I still say every school except Spring Hill has a playoff chance.  Key games in week 1:

Tullahoma vs Stewart's Creek, Siegel vs Shelbyville, Franklin County vs Coffee County, Marshall County vs Columbia

These games will give us a clearer picture.

1 hour ago, ScottShasteen said:

My predicted order of finish is:

1. Tullahoma
2. Shelbyville
3. Lawrence Co.
4. Lincoln Co.
5. Columbia
6. Franklin Co.
7. Spring Hill

Do you still say 9-1? I’m thinking losses to Stewart’s Creek, Rockvale, and one region loss (Lincoln Co. or Columbia maybe?). So I’ll say Tullahoma goes 7-3 and wins the region. But I also think it could be wide open. I think the floor is 5-5.