The new Class 5A Region 5

On 8/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, PercyPeabody said:

Wow! Must be some Adam Schefter like inside info for that prediction. I guess if the youth movement matures quickly with the talent, they have just a good of chance as any. 

Found the Tennessean prediction for all:

Class 5A
Region 5-5A: Lincoln County, Columbia, Shelbyville, Franklin County, Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Spring Hill.

I suspect that any of the top five could turn out to be the winner.  Need way more info to see who can pull it out.  Among those five, I think all are either have new coaches, or coaches in their second year. 
Edited by PullinGuard

1 hour ago, PullinGuard said:

Found the Tennessean prediction for all:

Class 5A
Region 5-5A: Lincoln County, Columbia, Shelbyville, Franklin County, Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Spring Hill.

I suspect that any of the top five could turn out to be the winner.  Need way more info to see who can pull it out.  Among those five, I think all are either have new coaches, or coaches in their second year. 

I would also add Lawrence County to the mix as well. They had a small senior class last year. One note, Nathan Delaughter, who was Tullahoma's quarterback last year, has transferred to Shelbyville. I don't  know if he will be there quarterback, he is a good athlete, but struggled at Tullahoma. We will know more after the first week , when Tullahoma plays Stewart's Creek, Franklin County County plays Coffee County, Columbia plays Marshall County.

38 minutes ago, SouthernTNguy said:

I would also add Lawrence County to the mix as well. They had a small senior class last year. One note, Nathan Delaughter, who was Tullahoma's quarterback last year, has transferred to Shelbyville. I don't  know if he will be there quarterback, he is a good athlete, but struggled at Tullahoma. We will know more after the first week , when Tullahoma plays Stewart's Creek, Franklin County County plays Coffee County, Columbia plays Marshall County.

I think Lawrence Co will definitely be in the hunt.

I'd be surprised if Delaughter is the QB if the one from last year was a junior. Regardless of the QB, I don't see Shelbyville being a factor unless line play has improved drastically. I watched them in person last season and they struggled mightily upfront. 

17 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I think Lawrence Co will definitely be in the hunt.

I'd be surprised if Delaughter is the QB if the one from last year was a junior. Regardless of the QB, I don't see Shelbyville being a factor unless line play has improved drastically. I watched them in person last season and they struggled mightily upfront. 

The quarterback last year for Shelbyville was a senior. Shelbyville plays Siegel next Thursday.

On 8/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, PercyPeabody said:

Awesome! Look forward to hearing your take on things. 

(Side note: Where is the best place to get LC or FayCity gear? At the games or does anyone in town make it at their shop? Thanks)

citys varsity won 19-0 then lc’s jv beat city’s jv 21-0. if i had to rank the 3 teams i’ve send it would be tullahoma, fc, then county

• Like 1