The new Class 5A Region 5

Tullahoma and Shelbyville appear on a collision course to meet in week 11 in Bedford County for the region title. If so, both will have already sealed at least one home playoff game. They both have business to take care of first, but they are certainly favored to do so.

Columbia is looking solid at #3. They join Tullahoma, Franklin Co., and Spring Hill with open dates this week. The Lions only remaining region game is Lincoln Co.

Lawrence Co. has Shelbyville and Franklin Co. remaining. Lincoln has Shelbyville and Columbia. Franklin has Lawrence and Spring Hill left.

I'm giving the edge to Franklin Co. to jump Lawrence and Lincoln and grab that 4th spot.

I'm pulling for chaos. There is a possibility that Columbia, Law Co, and Linc Co all finish with a region record of 3-3.

In this scenario...

Law Co beat Linc Co

Columbia beat Law Co

Linc Co beat Columbia

I wonder which squad would be the odd man out as two of the teams would get in the postseason. 

This scenario probably won't unfold but would make things interesting. 

Good luck to everyone in these final weeks. 

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

I'm pulling for chaos. There is a possibility that Columbia, Law Co, and Linc Co all finish with a region record of 3-3.

In this scenario...

Law Co beat Linc Co

Columbia beat Law Co

Linc Co beat Columbia

I wonder which squad would be the odd man out as two of the teams would get in the postseason. 

Lincoln County is capable of  beating Columbia. Franklin County and Columbia were tied 6-6 late in the 4th quarter, Franklin County self destructed and fumbled on there goal line leading to a touchdown by Columbia, then later went for it on 4th down deep in there territory, that lead to another Columbia touchdown they won 18-6. Franklin County plays at Lawrence County in two weeks, must win for both teams to remain in contention. Both Lawrence County and Lincoln County have Shelbyville remaining on the schedule.  

On 10/7/2023 at 7:16 PM, PercyPeabody said:

In this scenario...

Law Co beat Linc Co

Columbia beat Law Co

Linc Co beat Columbia

It would go to overall record.

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.): 1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 6. Coin Flip.

I don't like this rule because it encourages teams to play weak non-region schedules. I think No. 3 should be the first tiebreaker. Just my opinion.

Two weeks left...

Tullahoma, Shelbyville battling it out for the top spot, but both are in regardless. 

Columbia could lose their last region game and still get in due to the tiebreakers that have been mentioned previously on the thread so two questions...

1) Who do you have winning the region?

2) Who takes the 4th and final spot?

Screenshot_20231014-094240.png

1. Shelbyville

2. Tullahoma

3. Columbia

4. Lawrence County

Tullahoma should beat Spring Hill next week, if they lose to Spring Hill , then lose to Shelbyville it could get crazy. Lawrence County will have to beat Franklin County next week. I watched there game against Shelbyville last night. They probably played there best game of the season. I don't know if Shelbyville was flat or not, they didn't play a good game. If Shelbyville plays like that against Tullahoma. Tullahoma  will win the region. Columbia has only one more region game, against Lincoln County . They should beat Lincoln County and finished third. I they lose then  it could get get crazy. Also Shelbyville has Lincoln County at home next week, then Tullahoma the following week.

I got Tullahoma over Shelbyville.  The golden eagles have given up 184 points to opponents so far. Tullahoma has given up 92 points.  The difference in the defence alone makes this a mismatch on paper. The Lawrence county game on Friday was a telling sign that Shelbyville isn't ready for prime time just yet. The Tullahoma defence will be much more of a factor than Lawrence county was. After listening to last Friday nights game I honestly thought that Tullahoma would have had the mercy clock running on the Golden Eagles. I wasn't this confident in week 2 but now that things have sorted themselves out I have Tullahoma as region  champs and winning at least 2 playoff games this season. They make it past Hillsboro and one more region 6 team before hitting a wall. I hope they surprise me and i have to make the long drive to Henry County  to settle the west. 

No Tullahoma player, coach, parent, fan, bystander, band member, etc., should overlook Spring Hill this week.

Coming off the open date, on the road, Shelbyville next on the schedule, Spring Hill's record. All these combined indicate Tullahoma's trip to Spring Hill has all the makings of a trap game for Tullahoma.

I'm not predicting a Spring Hill upset because I have faith this Wildcat team can get it done. All three phases have come together in recent weeks. 

Don't overlook the Raiders.

• Upvote 1