Top 3 Public Programs\Top 3 Private Programs Since 2000

OutlawAngel

Keep it this simple, dating back to 2000, so almost 25 seasons, if you had to pick a clear-cut Top 3 Public School Programs, and Top 3 Private School Programs, who would they be? Based off some research, here's what I came up with.

Top 3 Public:

Maryville

Oakland

Alcoa

Top 3 Private:

Brentwood Academy

Montgomery Bell Academy

Memphis University School

1 hour ago, OutlawAngel said:

Keep it this simple, dating back to 2000, so almost 25 seasons, if you had to pick a clear-cut Top 3 Public School Programs, and Top 3 Private School Programs, who would they be? Based off some research, here's what I came up with.

Top 3 Public:

Maryville

Oakland

Alcoa

Top 3 Private:

Brentwood Academy

Montgomery Bell Academy

probably not much debate on the public.  at least not from me.  

here are some stats best I can tell...

BA - 5 state, 3 district championships (something seems amiss here)

CPA - 5 state, 10 district championships

LA - 4 state, 12 district championships

MBA - 4 state, 6 district championships

MUS - 3 state, 6 district championships

if nothing else I would way MUS gets beat by CPA on state championships.  I am curious to know more about the district championships since CPA and LA have so many and it seems weird to have less district than state for BA.  I got the district championships off the old ahsfhs.org site which is a bit antiquated.  

3 hours ago, OutlawAngel said:

Top 3 Public:

Maryville

Oakland

Alcoa

Top 3 Private:

Brentwood Academy

Montgomery Bell Academy

I’d have to pick Maryville. Dominated the highest classification for 10 years. Dominated 4a for 10 years before that. I remember a few years ago ensworth was the top private school. Now it seems BA has passed them up. That’s why I don’t think anyone can match Maryville’s run over the past 20 years. It looks like Alcoa will be the dominant team over the next 20 years. Oakland could put together a 20 year run that tops everyone, but I don’t think creasy is at Oakland much longer. If I were a coach sevier county high school would be my dream job. Open zone, great facilities, and absolutely zero pressure to win. Just show up to the annual cornhole tournament, drink a couple miller lites, shake a few hands, cut a promo for YouTube, tweet #JDIR, and you’re set. 

1 hour ago, MurphyCollege said:

If I were a coach sevier county high school would be my dream job. Open zone, great facilities, and absolutely zero pressure to win. Just show up to the annual cornhole tournament, drink a couple miller lites, shake a few hands, cut a promo for YouTube, tweet #JDIR, and you’re set. 

MC eye thaink yore leafin' outt tha best wheppuns youns haiv......Dolly haz two bee moorer and moorer vizzybul.....Dew ewe reemimburr when'st eye seed hur upp thair att Seeveer Cowntee,,,,???

:wub:

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:06 AM, OutlawAngel said:

Top 3 Public:

Maryville

Oakland

Alcoa

Top 3 Private:

Brentwood Academy

Montgomery Bell Academy

17 State Championships since 2000. End of Discussion..........

No photo description available.

On 6/17/2023 at 1:58 PM, STARSNBARS said:

MC eye thaink yore leafin' outt tha best wheppuns youns haiv......Dolly haz two bee moorer and moorer vizzybul.....Dew ewe reemimburr when'st eye seed hur upp thair att Seeveer Cowntee,,,,???

:wub:

I remember when you and her made the motion picture “the best little cat house in Newport”.  Your picture with her had everyone from cartertown to love addition talking about it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.88fdb4d709f62518ad8fa37ada8bb290.jpeg

Public:  Oakland, Maryville & Alcoa

Private:  Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy, The Baylor School & The McCallie School

The boarding schools are definitely beginning to separate themselves from everyone else and if the trend continues the domination will get completely out of hand.  It will be very interesting to see how the NIL money affects the landscape over the next five years.

11 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

I remember when you and her made the motion picture “the best little cat house in Newport”.  Your picture with her had everyone from cartertown to love addition talking about it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.88fdb4d709f62518ad8fa37ada8bb290.jpeg

MC lucklee Bert wuz drivin' tha Trainz Amm thait weakend and eye gott a oppurtunitee wif Dolly......Lowered Haivmurrcee.....:wub:

Edited by STARSNBARS