Region 5 2A

Blackfox1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2023 at 9:39 PM, FastEddieDavis said:

I’d have to go with Waverly #1. I’m not sure the rest of the region order. What’s your opinion?

Waverly will definitely b in the mix. I’ve saw on the boards mt. Pleasant has a lot returning and if that’s the case keep an eye out on them. Their coach has them believing and they were a very tough out last year. Traditionally Lewis is always up there but lost a lot. But qb maybe the best in the region 

On 7/6/2023 at 10:26 PM, Blackfox1 said:

Lots of 3 year starters lots college level players all over the field could beat any 4A team any night 

How many starters do they return on both sides of the ball? What key starter positions did they lose?

Waverly will be solid. They return their O Line and D Line minus one. QB returns. Best “all around athlete” returns. Key losses are their running back and LBs. 

I expect it to come down to Waverly Mt Pleasant and Lewis. I hate the Waverly Mt Pleasant game is week 3 but it is what it is.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:16 PM, FastEddieDavis said:

I’m not sure what Mt. Pleasant had last year or returning. So when you say loaded, what does that mean?

They’re very good QB returns and they have some size on the OL and DL. Im not sure about their DBs and WRs but they had some talent in the games ive seen from last year on NFHS. They look to me like they will throw it a lot based on their offensive style. We play them this year so Im looking forward to seeing a game there.

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

They’re very good QB returns and they have some size on the OL and DL. Im not sure about their DBs and WRs but they had some talent in the games ive seen from last year on NFHS. They look to me like they will throw it a lot based on their offensive style. We play them this year so Im looking forward to seeing a game there.

In person they are big, strong, fast and athletic all over the field. They've been loaded with potential for the last few years, but somehow found a way to not play good football. The guy coaching has brought them a long way in a short time, but some of their fans still seem skeptical...maybe they know something that we don't, or maybe they're just used to seeing the team fall apart as the season progresses. If they all get on the same page and figure out just how good they could be, they'll be a dangerous team for anyone in the classification to see in the playoffs.

• 5 weeks later...