Knoxville area football coaches thoughts on transfers

Elias287

9 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

There were also numerous other coaches who were asked about their opinions on high school transfers, Alcoa coach Brian Nix, Maryville Coach Derek Hunt, and West coach Lamar Brown, however, they all refused to speak on the matter. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Entristin. I see both sides but agree with the guy in the dawgs shirt. Coaches can transfer, teachers can transfer, honor society students can transfer for “better educations”, but let’s penalize athletes for taking a big chance to go to a new place hoping it will benefit them. It makes no sense. People quit their jobs everyday in hopes it will help them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, strongx said:

Entristin. I see both sides but agree with the guy in the dawgs shirt. Coaches can transfer, teachers can transfer, honor society students can transfer for “better educations”, but let’s penalize athletes for taking a big chance to go to a new place hoping it will benefit them. It makes no sense. People quit their jobs everyday in hopes it will help them. 

Ain’t even ever thought of it in that way good point dang

23 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

There were also numerous other coaches who were asked about their opinions on high school transfers, Alcoa coach Brian Nix, Maryville Coach Derek Hunt, and West coach Lamar Brown, however, they all refused to speak on the matter. 

Surprising, no, shocking, no, ironic, very. 

2 hours ago, Elias287 said:

I don't mind athletes transferring if they fit a certain academic requirements for them to transfer (something like 3.5 GPA or higher) just for upcoming seniors. Other than that, it needs to stay in place, but schools will continue to find loop holes, and the TSSAA doesn't seem to care, so why bother?

I will say there's one player that reportedly transferred up to those Knoxville schools. It'll be his 3rd time as a transfer and didn't play/couldn't play at the previous two schools. But hey, entitlement is a powerful word my friend.

37 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't mind athletes transferring if they fit a certain academic requirements for them to transfer (something like 3.5 GPA or higher) just for upcoming seniors. Other than that, it needs to stay in place, but schools will continue to find loop holes, and the TSSAA doesn't seem to care, so why bother?

I will say there's one player that reportedly transferred up to those Knoxville schools. It'll be his 3rd time as a transfer and didn't play/couldn't play at the previous two schools. But hey, entitlement is a powerful word my friend.

The QB? Or DB?

Rorschach’s Journal

July 17th, 2023

Dead animal in alley last night, tire tread on burst stomach. Wealthy old white men agree school choice is just. Should have been anthropologist old scenes new details. This city is a cesspool with filth up to our chins. No community is clean anymore. Multiple posters and now coaches sit in other teams dugout. Must remember to investigate further. Never surrender. 

50 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Rorschach’s Journal

July 17th, 2023

Dead animal in alley last night, tire tread on burst stomach. Wealthy old white men agree school choice is just. Should have been anthropologist old scenes new details. This city is a cesspool with filth up to our chins. No community is clean anymore. Multiple posters and now coaches sit in other teams dugout. Must remember to investigate further. Never surrender. 

zcX5yqAgi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Elias287 said:

this is the smart approach.  A coach's opinion on transfer depends on their most recent interaction with it.  Webb coach is against it now, but didn't mind when Shavar came to webb in the first place.  Was it last year that Farragut's starting QB was a first year transfer?  

Josh Jones saying no one should sit out and badmouthing concussion protocol is the worst take on here. Not sure what kind of parent would want their kid to transfer to a team led like that.  Craziness.

• Thanks 1