FORREST AT WATERTOWN 2023

I feared this type result.   2 really bad teams.  Forrest the the less good, or, more bad, of those 2. 

Didn't go.   Didn't watch.  

If Forrest cannot score a single point in this game, what happens against Marion.  Fayetteville. Moore. Cascade even.  

"Class Pride Tradition" means nothing if you tolerate mediocrity year after year after year.  Forrest, the entire program, has decided winning doesn't matter.  Being competitive doesn't matter.  Scoring....doesn't matter.  

This is who Forrest is.  Nothing else to say.  Even caring as a fan is pointless. 

10 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I feared this type result.   2 really bad teams.  Forrest the the less good, or, more bad, of those 2. 

Didn't go.   Didn't watch.  

If Forrest cannot score a single point in this game, what happens against Marion.  Fayetteville. Moore. Cascade even.  

"Class Pride Tradition" means nothing if you tolerate mediocrity year after year after year.  Forrest, the entire program, has decided winning doesn't matter.  Being competitive doesn't matter.  Scoring....doesn't matter.  

This is who Forrest is.  Nothing else to say.  Even caring as a fan is pointless. 

Forrest had some bright spots and I believe they’ll win a few games this year. They’ll just have a tough time running against physical teams.

I think y’all’s QB was good and the freshman running back has some explosiveness. 

Time will tell how bad these two teams are or aren’t!

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Forrest had some bright spots and I believe they’ll win a few games this year. They’ll just have a tough time running against physical teams.

I think y’all’s QB was good and the freshman running back has some explosiveness. 

let me understand. a team that prides itself on being a physical run first offense cant run against a physical watertown team that is down this year. 

a few games? community cannon and heritage? 

The plight of being a Forrest football fan. The years you have a salty defense to cheer for are the years you have an offense that can't get out of its own way. The year you have a serviceable offense that can score a few touchdowns you get the worst defense in school history. Just one year of being good on both sides of the ball would be great!

Watertown - The Purple Tigers may or may not have a good defense but there is no debate about their kicker. I've watched a ton of football and that was the best game punting and kicking I've ever seen in high school. Pack nailed a 51 yd FG and changed field position the entire game with his punts and kicks. His kickoffs and punts were high and angled giving our returners no chance. Even after kicking off from his own 25 he was able to pin us inside the 20 with a beautiful corner kick with again no chance to return it. He's better right now than half of the kickers playing on Saturdays. Watertown coaches were able to play conservative football on offense and defense because of that young man. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Forrest had some bright spots and I believe they’ll win a few games this year. They’ll just have a tough time running against physical teams. I think y’all’s QB was good and the freshman running back has some explosiveness. 

Not sure how much physical running we will be doing this year. Our starting left guard, starting left tackle (All State- 6'5" , 315) and our starting TE -all seniors- did not play and are likely out for the year. Their also 3 starters on defense. 

Winning a few games won't cut it. Our third straight undefeated middle school season is underway. It's not just undefeated for three straight seasons the games are running clocks at halftime. We have beaten Fayetteville 5 straight times and had running clocks each year. 

Only play we had that looked explosive was #22. He's a sophomore and hadn't played any scrimmages due to injury. The freshman #1 had three TDs over 60 yards in scrimmages but got only 2 touches both inside runs. He is the fastest kid on the team and great in space. Played a great game at safety but needs 8-10 touches per game. 

Indeed, we both may be decent or we both may be bad this year but good luck to Watertown. Soften Gordonsville up for us. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

let me understand. a team that prides itself on being a physical run first offense cant run against a physical watertown team that is down this year. 

a few games? community cannon and heritage? 

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

Not sure how much physical running we will be doing this year. Our starting left guard, starting left tackle (All State- 6'5" , 315) and our starting TE -all seniors- did not play and are likely out for the year. Their also 3 starters on defense. 

Winning a few games won't cut it. Our third straight undefeated middle school season is underway. It's not just undefeated for three straight seasons the games are running clocks at halftime. We have beaten Fayetteville 5 straight times and had running clocks each year. 

Only play we had that looked explosive was #22. He's a sophomore and hadn't played any scrimmages due to injury. The freshman #1 had three TDs over 60 yards in scrimmages but got only 2 touches both inside runs. He is the fastest kid on the team and great in space. Played a great game at safety but needs 8-10 touches per game. 

Indeed, we both may be decent or we both may be bad this year but good luck to Watertown. Soften Gordonsville up for us. 

I’m not familiar with y’all’s schedule, but my point is that it’s hard to tell much about a team after the first game… especially since you are playing a team that has been consistently tough the last 10 years with the exception of the last.

Still to early to give up on the season if your Forrest and it’s still to soon to be excited about our defense if your Watertown IMO!

Our kicker is a different story for sure… he’s a game changer for sure!

Edited by H2Oman