Bradley Central @ Mcminn County

SouthernBear

17 minutes ago, SouthernBear said:

The game was way worse than the scoreboard showed last night. Mcminn has one true good drive that lead to points last night. The RB for Bradley, Terry #4, scored the first TD of the game for Bradley and got hurt on the same play. That changed the entire dynamic of the game for Bradley, and still continued to put up 5 more TD’s. If he doesn’t get hurt, they don’t turn the ball over to open the 2nd half and likely win 48-14 vs 41-21. At the end of the day, it is an excuse but #4 is a big difference maker for the Bears, has been since he was a true freshman. I will say BC offensive line could show some improvement, but they all played extremely well last night. QB1 Martin impressed me way more than I expected, kid is a ball player!!!

The game was alot closer for mcminm than what the scoreboard showed in my opinion  could have easily been 34-28. And for everyone that talked about the athens zebras before the game they called back what was  a clear touchdown on 4th down the ball was over the in zone.  

Edited by RichyRich
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SouthernBear said:

The game was way worse than the scoreboard showed last night. Mcminn has one true good drive that lead to points last night. The RB for Bradley, Terry #4, scored the first TD of the game for Bradley and got hurt on the same play. That changed the entire dynamic of the game for Bradley, and still continued to put up 5 more TD’s. If he doesn’t get hurt, they don’t turn the ball over to open the 2nd half and likely win 48-14 vs 41-21. At the end of the day, it is an excuse but #4 is a big difference maker for the Bears, has been since he was a true freshman. I will say BC offensive line could show some improvement, but they all played extremely well last night. QB1 Martin impressed me way more than I expected, kid is a ball player!!!

If bradley was so great with all this recruiting, Damon would such a great Coach he wouldn't have been running across the field for a fight started by Bradley players they were being cocky  and running their mouths all night. I wasn't impressed with mcminn county's offense, and how some of them responded. But good grief that was the most classless act I've ever seen from a team in high school football. They can hold their heads high though they beat a team in rebuilding only doing wing t runs in 3 directions by 20 points. I was gonna root for Bradley against the blue raiders next week, but after last night I was super disappointed with the staff  and the players.  No doubt Bradley  has the better team, but how much of that is home grown south Cleveland/Bradley County kids.  Bc it seems like the top players the qb is from rhea County, boo is from brainerd and I can't remember where the other boy is from

Edited by RichyRich

No dog in this hunt, but it seems like the same thing over and over. Everyone talks bad about kids transferring, but NO ONE has a problem when kids transfer into their program. Not one person here (maybe outside of the parents whose kid lost a starting spot to a transfer) would have a problem with these same kids transferring to their school. Kind of funny to me…

5 minutes ago, eers said:

No dog in this hunt, but it seems like the same thing over and over. Everyone talks bad about kids transferring, but NO ONE has a problem when kids transfer into their program. Not one person here (maybe outside of the parents whose kid lost a starting spot to a transfer) would have a problem with these same kids transferring to their school. Kind of funny to me…

I wish Boo was in Raider Blue lol

49 minutes ago, eers said:

I think it's a problem regardless, I haven't really known of anyone transferring to mcminn. They may have I didn't know, but I think its a problem across the board unless they actually have a genuine reason to move and live there like their parents work brought them there, but if you drive pasted 4 or 5 schools to play some where bc you feel like the program your going to isn't up to par, has never sat right with me, I'd definetly call it even if it's my own team. The whole draw of high school football for me was area vs area, and when it comes to massive amounts of recruits coming from outside it basically destroys the whole area vs area thing, if it evovles then so be it, but I've definetly lost interest as it's increased over the years, that's just my opinion doesn't mean it has to be law, just think it's shady no matter how you look at it.  Always felt like if you want to win build it at home, not the whole if you can't beat em join em mentality being fed to younger athletes nowadays. And I'm no disrespect toward anyone on the coacht boards, I love coming here and hearing everyone else's takes and opinion on things, I'm just trying to respectfully disagree, but I agree most people are upset til it's them, I just am not one of those guys, feel like if it becomes more common I don't see the point of having private/public split I know privates have more resources, but I thought the recruiting was the main cause for the split, I may be wrong about that,  but that's what I had thought. 

Edited by RichyRich

31 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I think it's a problem regardless, I haven't really known of anyone transferring to mcminn. They may have I didn't know, but I think its a problem across the board unless they actually have a genuine reason to move and live there like their parents work brought them there, but if you drive pasted 4 or 5 schools to play some where bc you feel like the program your going to isn't up to par, has never sat right with me, I'd definetly call it even if it's my own team. The whole draw of high school football for me was area vs area, and when it comes to massive amounts of recruits coming from outside it basically destroys the whole area vs area thing, if it evovles then so be it, but I've definetly lost interest as it's increased over the years, that's just my opinion doesn't mean it has to be law, just think it's shady no matter how you look at it.  Always felt like if you want to win build it at home, not the whole if you can't beat em join em mentality being fed to younger athletes nowadays. And I'm no disrespect toward anyone on the coacht boards, I love coming here and hearing everyone else's takes and opinion on things, I'm just trying to respectfully disagree, but I agree most people are upset til it's them, I just am not one of those guys, feel like if it becomes more common I don't see the point of having private/public split I know privates have more resources, but I thought the recruiting was the main cause for the split, I may be wrong about that,  but that's what I had thought. 

I get where you’re coming from, but if my kid is extremely talented I wouldn’t want him playing for a terrible or poorly coached team. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TnBear said:

McMinn is the worst trash talking team in the area and have been since cagle took over (I live in Athens). Bradleys off/def do need improvement if they want to make a run. They need to keep Terry healthy and Rodney. 

LOL, it was obvious Bradley was the instigators last night. Got celebration penalties on almost every touchdown, started the scuffle in which Damon decided to be tough guy, and the Carter kid was even taunting kids while running down the field. I’m all for having fun and doing a lil smack talk, it’s a competitive game but they took it too far for most of the night. I watched Tee Higgins when he came to play against McMinn and he was clearly the best player on the field but he did it with class. Boo Carter is phenomenal, probably the best high school kid I have seen since Tee. But he’s gotta start playing with class and that starts with coaching (hint hint… Damon)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BustinHeads101 said:

LOL, it was obvious Bradley was the instigators last night. Got celebration penalties on almost every touchdown, started the scuffle in which Damon decided to be tough guy, and the Carter kid was even taunting kids while running down the field. I’m all for having fun and doing a lil smack talk, it’s a competitive game but they took it too far for most of the night. I watched Tee Higgins when he came to play against McMinn and he was clearly the best player on the field but he did it with class. Boo Carter is phenomenal, probably the best high school kid I have seen since Tee. But he’s gotta start playing with class and that starts with coaching (hint hint… Damon)

It was going both ways. Floyd literally got in little Goree's face last night for retaliation on a McMinn player for slapping him in the helmet and giving them a free first down. Little Goree sat for an entire quarter. I have even watched McMinn vs Central games and it's definitely Mcminns MO to taunt players and even the crowd at times. 

Edited by TnBear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TnBear said:

McMinn is the worst trash talking team in the area and have been since cagle took over (I live in Athens). Bradleys off/def do need improvement if they want to make a run. They need to keep Terry healthy and Rodney. 

Pretty sure it was bradley who was doing the trash talking, hand gestures, standing over people after the play was finished. Acting like they were characters on a madden game.(I live in cleveland) lol as if that is relevant, your name is tennessee bear I highly doubt you are sitting in the stands of mcminn county during Friday, when your own team is playing.  I'm not the biggest fan of cagle myself, but he seems to control the kids alot better than Damon Floyd, who kept acting like he was gonna double back to the mcminn sideline after that debacle started by your QB. It definitely  goes both ways, but bradley players were  way more Animated about it.

Edited by RichyRich

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Pretty sure it was bradley who was doing the trash talking, hand gestures, standing over people after the play was finished. Acting like they were characters on a madden game.(I live in cleveland) lol as if that is relevant, your name is tennessee bear I highly doubt you are sitting in the stands of mcminn county during Friday, when your own team is playing.  I'm not the biggest fan of cagle myself, but he seems to control the kids alot better than Damon Floyd, who kept acting like he was gonna double back to the mcminn sideline after that debacle started by your QB. It definitely  goes both ways, but bradley players were  way more Animated about it.

It was a competitive environment. The two schools are barely 30 minutes apart, and with today’s social media, you don’t think these kids know each other and have communication outside of the playing field? They all play with emotion, it’s the new age of the game. I understand that there is a line to be crossed, but it shouldn’t be viewed worse than it is because you aren’t a fan of the HC. From everything I have ever heard, guys that play for Floyd (current and past) would run through a brick wall for him. 

• Like 1