Kingston vs Meigs county

Jacketsfan2001

This is a very interesting game for me. Both teams look to be pretty solid. Kingston is very run heavy with tons of skilled players. If Meigs forces Kingston to throw it will be a long night for the jackets. I'll take Kingston in a close one because of home field advantage. Also why hasn't Kingston and Meigs played more often in football? They are pretty close to each other. Same goes for Kingston and oak ridge. Weird. 

3 hours ago, Jacketsfan2001 said:

This is a very interesting game for me. Both teams look to be pretty solid. Kingston is very run heavy with tons of skilled players. If Meigs forces Kingston to throw it will be a long night for the jackets. I'll take Kingston in a close one because of home field advantage. Also why hasn't Kingston and Meigs played more often in football? They are pretty close to each other. Same goes for Kingston and oak ridge. Weird. 

Being our first game we looked rough I thought against Hixson. If we tune it up some we should be able to give you a pretty good game. We need to work on some discipline before this next game. Against a good team the penalties we had last game could get us beat. We use to scrimmage every year a while back. Will be nice to play a game. Hope it's a good one.

18 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Being our first game we looked rough I thought against Hixson. If we tune it up some we should be able to give you a pretty good game. We need to work on some discipline before this next game. Against a good team the penalties we had last game could get us beat. We use to scrimmage every year a while back. Will be nice to play a game. Hope it's a good one.

I agree. No reason they shouldn't play every year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jacketsfan2001 said:

I agree. No reason they shouldn't play every year.

Over the past several years during Meigs's glory years it was hard for Meigs to find nearby opponents nearby to play. I think it would be a good non-region series for both teams.
Kingston appears to have a very potent offense and solid defense this year, having walloped their first two opponents.  Meigs struggled a little more than their coach liked, though it was their first (and only) game.

Definitely an interesting game. Kingston lost to Sweetwater, Central and Signal Mountain last year, Meigs defeated all three last year, but this is a new season.  I don’t know much about Kingston but Meigs has a lot of senior and I thought they looked good against the run but struggled against the pass, but they will need to control their emotions and stop getting the 15 yard penalty’s, or it will cost them against good teams.

Kingston will run alot of motion and sweeps. Then blast the big rb up the middle as well..passing wise they won't throw it deep. If they do throw it then look for passes out of the backfield or in the flats. Defense is solid but haven't been tested yet so the jury is out still on that. Special teams Kingston has one of the best kickers around. I think U-T Martin has offered so far. I expect a close game. 

Edited by Jacketsfan2001

10 hours ago, Jacketsfan2001 said:

Kingston will run alot of motion and sweeps. Then blast the big rb up the middle as well..passing wise they won't throw it deep. If they do throw it then look for passes out of the backfield or in the flats. Defense is solid but haven't been tested yet so the jury is out still on that. Special teams Kingston has one of the best kickers around. I think U-T Martin has offered so far. I expect a close game. 

Our biggest improvements on the year usually come after game one. Hopefully it will show vs Kingston. If we let emotions drive us backwards instead of forward it will be a long night. 

7 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our biggest improvements on the year usually come after game one. Hopefully it will show vs Kingston. If we let emotions drive us backwards instead of forward it will be a long night. 

Teams usually show the most improvement between the first and second games. Coach Bunch and his staff saw plenty of areas that need some attention and I'm sure they'll address them daily with the team this week.  This game will be a good early season test for both teams. 

On 8/28/2023 at 7:41 AM, Jacketsfan2001 said:

We probably don't play because Kingston is in no rush to play a 5A team. and Oak Ridge non-region games are 6A schools, Bearden, Farragut and Dobbyns-Bennett