Sweetwater @ Meigs County

Yeti

I'm told Sweetwater has a better defense than last year and two really good backs to tote the football. I'm curious to see how much better or worse their line is compared to last year. They have handled the teams they should beat with ease and lost to the team they should likely have lost too. Stone Memorial will be a hard team to beat when it's time for us to play them. 

15 hours ago, Highlights said:

new coach, new attitude. Will not be the same as last year. If Sweetwater gets the lead they will not stop and give Meigs a chance to catch up.  Love Martin as a person but questioned his ability put a team to rest.  Whoever leads at halftime will win. Close game. 

Pretty sure our current new coach was the coach we used for this game last year. For whatever reason Fitz wasn't there from memory. That being said on our end I've seen him slowly in two games turn Meigs into a pretty good football team. Against Hixson we looked pretty rough, then again it was everyone else's 2nd game so understandable. Against Kingston by the 2nd half we looked better then we did all of last year which was a sight for sore eyes. If we play all four quarters like we are capable we have a good chance to win this game.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:19 PM, Dadof2 said:

It’s been Central for years, it always seems to come down to Meigs or Central in basketball or football in the district or region for as long as I can remember.

Now dewayne, sweetwater has won 5 out of the last 6 district championships in basketball and won our region in football last year. You gotta be talking about girls basketball. Because as far as the boys side sweetwater has been dominant in basketball and baseball.  I’m here yeti and finding out you went to Sequoyah makes more sense now about you rooting them on haha. We have good backs and a good line, I’m still wishing we would start our freshman at qb. The current starter (coach’s son) isn’t a threat to run or throw really and it’s a shame because we have weapons who can go get the football