Sweetwater @ Meigs County

Yeti

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

For me it's Sweetwater, for the coaches and team it's easily Central. I went to Sequoyah, so that's why it's a big game for me. 

That makes sense! It's always been hard for me to gauge Meigs county rivalry where they are a one county school. I figured it was central or sweetwater. But I'm surprised they don't have one with maybe rhea County,Chattanooga central, or midway.

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

That makes sense! It's always been hard for me to gauge Meigs county rivalry where they are a one county school. I figured it was central or sweetwater. But I'm surprised they don't have one with maybe rhea County,Chattanooga central, or midway.

It’s been Central for years, it always seems to come down to Meigs or Central in basketball or football in the district or region for as long as I can remember.

42 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

It’s been Central for years, it always seems to come down to Meigs or Central in basketball or football in the district or region for as long as I can remember.

Maybe In basketball, I don't know so much about it coming down to central in football for a little while now lol. Like I said though I've always thought Meigs and rhea County would br rivals/ kinda like Central and mcminn wete

5 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Maybe In basketball, I don't know so much about it coming down to central in football for a little while now lol. Like I said though I've always thought Meigs and rhea County would br rivals/ kinda like Central and mcminn wete

From what I’ve heard Rhea won’t play Meigs in anything for the fact that Rhea loses kids to Meigs, and they don’t like it, I would say they’re some truth to it because we struggle to get schools to play us in Girls basketball, but there’s a big school 20 minutes away and we never play them.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

From what I’ve heard Rhea won’t play Meigs in anything for the fact that Rhea loses kids to Meigs, and they don’t like it, I would say they’re some truth to it because we struggle to get schools to play us in Girls basketball, but there’s a big school 20 minutes away and we never play them.

Never knew that! Yeah I dated a girl years back that lived on other side of watts bar and she went to Meigs, oddly my brother dated a girl on Meigs county side of watts bar and she went to rhea County  lol

9 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m sure Rhea is the one dodging Meigs. Lol. As far as difficulty scheduling is concerned, I’m sure there are plenty of Knoxville area schools that are willing to play in any sport 

1 hour ago, Weasel0 said:

I’m sure Rhea is the one dodging Meigs. Lol. As far as difficulty scheduling is concerned, I’m sure there are plenty of Knoxville area schools that are willing to play in any sport 

I’ve been told that Meigs has tried to schedule basketball but Rhea is unwilling, not dodging just not happy that kids are learning, and we have scheduled Knoxville teams, and driving tow hours to play teams when a good program is 20 minutes away, think about it, why would Meigs go all the way to white Co to play when we have all the schools around us. 

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I say Meigs beat sweetwater 28-22