FC Rebels vs Tullahoma 9/8

PercyPeabody

35 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Surprised there's not much chat about this game. Big region contest. Will the TulCats run away with it, or will the Runnin' Rebs finally put it all together to get their first win of the season?

I wouldn't count the Rebels out in this one. They were down 27-7 to East Hamilton last week, and came back and tied only to fall 41-34 late. Tullahoma came back from a 20-7 deficit in the fourth quarter to win 28-20. I will say Tullahoma by 7, but it could go either way.

This is the first meeting between these teams in two years. In the previous eight matchups each team has won four times. These are always fun games and there should be 5,000+ in Wilkins Stadium Friday night. If you are inside the stadium, you can listen to the live broadcast, without delay, on 87.9 FM. Around the world listen on https://www.youtube.com/@TUALightTube.

'Cats -9.5

7 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

This is the first meeting between these teams in two years. In the previous eight matchups each team has won four times. These are always fun games and there should be 5,000+ in Wilkins Stadium Friday night. If you are inside the stadium, you can listen to the live broadcast, without delay, on 87.9 FM. Around the world listen on https://www.youtube.com/@TUALightTube.

'Cats -9.5

I'll be out of state or I'd be one of the ones at Wilkins Fri night so LightTube it is. I think it'll be close so if you are giving 9.5, I'll take the Rebels and the points. Hope both teams come in relatively healthy and stay that way. May the battle for the region crown begin! 

13 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

I wouldn't count the Rebels out in this one. They were down 27-7 to East Hamilton last week, and came back and tied only to fall 41-34 late. Tullahoma came back from a 20-7 deficit in the fourth quarter to win 28-20. I will say Tullahoma by 7, but it could go either way.

It is sorta scary how these two teams mirror each other. Should be a heck of a ball game. 

• Like 1

The last time these teams played was 2020, with the Cats winning 41-7. John Olive was 20-8 against the Rebels. The previous eight games have been split 4-4. 

Tullahoma's defense will thwart the Rebel attack. The Wildcats have owned the fourth quarter in their last two games, with the defense forcing turnovers in both. Offensively, the Cats found their stride late against Rockvale, but when they found it they were unstoppable.

Special teams leans heavily on the Tullahoma side.

Cats -9.5

27 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

The last time these teams played was 2020, with the Cats winning 41-7. John Olive was 20-8 against the Rebels. The previous eight games have been split 4-4. 

Tullahoma's defense will thwart the Rebel attack. The Wildcats have owned the fourth quarter in their last two games, with the defense forcing turnovers in both. Offensively, the Cats found their stride late against Rockvale, but when they found it they were unstoppable.

Special teams leans heavily on the Tullahoma side.

Cats -9.5

You're underestimating Franklin County. I think this will be a close game, and could go either way.