FC Rebels vs Tullahoma 9/8

PercyPeabody

I think it is funny how some people want to keep putting a positive spin on a tail spin of an offense.  Tullahoma has an awful offense.  They had two pass plays that gained half their yards in Friday nights loss.  It is like the Federal Government with Tullahoma people.  Keep the cover up going.  Play calling is poor.  Scheme is poor.  They made this QB a super star vs. poor competition last year while they threw the QB that is at Shelbyville now  under the bus with games vs the best competition in the region.  Make one look bad and one look good.  A good OC can find a way to move the ball with below par players but a poor one can only win with good players.  

Tullahoma should be successful against Linc Co, Law Co and Spring hill.  All 4 of those teams are bad.  They will try to make the offense look really good for those games.  They will struggle vs. Columbia and Shelbyville.  

They will make the playoffs and keep patting themselves on the back for being a state playoff team and a successful season,  If they can keep kids from quitting.  

Keep making hype post and keep showing your kicker counting his field goals on the sideline it makes for a Good  TEAM concept.  Remember....don't forget your Free Kicks to get points! 

1.  Shelbyville

2.  Columbia

3. FC

4. Tullahoma

46 minutes ago, MountRushmore1 said:

I think it is funny how some people want to keep putting a positive spin on a tail spin of an offense.  Tullahoma has an awful offense.  They had two pass plays that gained half their yards in Friday nights loss.  It is like the Federal Government with Tullahoma people.  Keep the cover up going.  Play calling is poor.  Scheme is poor.  They made this QB a super star vs. poor competition last year while they threw the QB that is at Shelbyville now  under the bus with games vs the best competition in the region.  Make one look bad and one look good.  A good OC can find a way to move the ball with below par players but a poor one can only win with good players.  

Tullahoma should be successful against Linc Co, Law Co and Spring hill.  All 4 of those teams are bad.  They will try to make the offense look really good for those games.  They will struggle vs. Columbia and Shelbyville.  

They will make the playoffs and keep patting themselves on the back for being a state playoff team and a successful season,  If they can keep kids from quitting.  

Keep making hype post and keep showing your kicker counting his field goals on the sideline it makes for a Good  TEAM concept.  Remember....don't forget your Free Kicks to get points! 

1.  Shelbyville

2.  Columbia

3. FC

4. Tullahoma

Your right in your assessment, some people don't want to hear the truth.  I wouldn't count Tullahoma as #4 either.  The offensive line  is undersized, and you're right the play calling is terrible. An undersized offensive line, and two many three and outs, are not going to win many ball games,  In my opinion this years Tullahoma offense, reminds me of the winless  2015 season. They had a more talented quarterback in Delaughter, who is a better athlete, and let him transfer. Turns out that was the best fit for him to do. 

1 hour ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Your right in your assessment, some people don't want to hear the truth.  I wouldn't count Tullahoma as #4 either.  The offensive line  is undersized, and you're right the play calling is terrible. An undersized offensive line, and two many three and outs, are not going to win many ball games,  In my opinion this years Tullahoma offense, reminds me of the winless  2015 season. They had a more talented quarterback in Delaughter, who is a better athlete, and let him transfer. Turns out that was the best fit for him to do. 

You are correct.  

I don't think you can make changes at the OC position but you can make HC changes in the near future.  That program is in trouble.  Too many tied to the AD.  No real vets on the staff that have great knowledge of the entire game of football.  You have to have some older guys on staff that have been there and done that at winning programs.  The former HC always had his hands in the Offense, Defense and special teams.  Too much freelancing and letting coaches do their own thing!  The one spot they can win they didn't coach.  The kicker has his coach outside of HS coachs coaching him.  The rest listen to the HS coaches.  They better kick a lot or continue behind their false offense

11 minutes ago, MountRushmore1 said:

You are correct.  

I don't think you can make changes at the OC position but you can make HC changes in the near future.  That program is in trouble.  Too many tied to the AD.  No real vets on the staff that have great knowledge of the entire game of football.  You have to have some older guys on staff that have been there and done that at winning programs.  The former HC always had his hands in the Offense, Defense and special teams.  Too much freelancing and letting coaches do their own thing!  The one spot they can win they didn't coach.  The kicker has his coach outside of HS coachs coaching him.  The rest listen to the HS coaches.  They better kick a lot or continue behind their false offense

Once again you're absolutely right. And too many influential members in the  Quarterback Club, I think that is why DeLaughter left, that is what i am hearing. I think  Coach Sisk is in a bad situation, he inherited a coaching staff, that he can't change. Coach Torres, the offensive line coach retired after 2021 season, they replaced him with a volunteer assistant. You're right too many coaches tied to the AD John Olive, and that is the problem.

1 hour ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Once again you're absolutely right. And too many influential members in the  Quarterback Club, I think that is why DeLaughter left, that is what i am hearing. I think  Coach Sisk is in a bad situation, he inherited a coaching staff, that he can't change. Coach Torres, the offensive line coach retired after 2021 season, they replaced him with a volunteer assistant. You're right too many coaches tied to the AD John Olive, and that is the problem.

Linc County is terrible.  Surly Tullahoma can pull that one off?  They should light it up and look like  super stars!  It is sad how weak of a region they are in.  

I agree with most of what's been said in the last few posts except Lincoln Co and Lawrence Co are not terrible teams. I've seen both in person. LaCo runs the wingT very well. If you can contain the sweep and stop the counter and trap plays, you'll be okay BUT that's easier said than done. As for LiCo, they are mediocre but have their moments. I don't think they are near as bad as recent years. I think the only region team that will blow them out is Shelbyville. I still hold to the opinion that Lincoln County will beat someone they aren't expected to. Bringing this full circle back to Tullahoma, the TulCats will get strong resistance from all region opponents. Even Spring Hill is gonna battle them thinking they have a shot at a win. The next few weeks are going to be a blast! 

9 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

I agree with most of what's been said in the last few posts except Lincoln Co and Lawrence Co are not terrible teams. I've seen both in person. LaCo runs the wingT very well. If you can contain the sweep and stop the counter and trap plays, you'll be okay BUT that's easier said than done. As for LiCo, they are mediocre but have their moments. I don't think they are near as bad as recent years. I think the only region team that will blow them out is Shelbyville. I still hold to the opinion that Lincoln County will beat someone they aren't expected to. Bringing this full circle back to Tullahoma, the TulCats will get strong resistance from all region opponents. Even Spring Hill is gonna battle them thinking they have a shot at a win. The next few weeks are going to be a blast! 

Lincoln and Law are not that bad compared to other bad teams or mediocre teams?  If they can't beat Tullahoma they are really bad.  This region is bad.  No wins in the playoffs.  Maybe the number 1 team only.  Shelbyville has some good wins but has the potential to flop if you have seen them paly.  They are a little  unorganized at times. 

Law Co has been running the wing T for 30 years and it is not a good wing T.  I doubt they have an above 500 record over the past 30 years of running the Wing T.  

If Linc pulls off the win this week Tullahoma is Done!  The Crack will give way to the Dam caving in!

6 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

Lincoln and Law are not that bad compared to other bad teams or mediocre teams?  If they can't beat Tullahoma they are really bad.  This region is bad.  No wins in the playoffs.  Maybe the number 1 team only.  Shelbyville has some good wins but has the potential to flop if you have seen them paly.  They are a little  unorganized at times. 

Law Co has been running the wing T for 30 years and it is not a good wing T.  I doubt they have an above 500 record over the past 30 years of running the Wing T.  

If Linc pulls off the win this week Tullahoma is Done!  The Crack will give way to the Dam caving in!

It's all about context. We are talking about the region. There's NO team coming out of this region that will do damage in the playoffs; however, with all the teams being mediocre it makes for fun competition within the region. I was just saying LiCo and LaCo have as good a chance at knocking folks off within the region as any other team. 

I've not kept up with LaCo, but I did a little research. Their best teams date back to the 50s and 60s. Their all time winning percentage as a program is 42% so your assumption about the last 30 yrs sounds right. I just think this year with Everly #4 they look more efficient. This version of the wingT may be more about the Jimmy(s) and the Joe(s). 

As far as Tullahoma, I agree. I think the game comes down to turnovers and costly penalties as I don't believe Tullahoma is significantly better than the Falcons as in years past. I'm not saying Lincoln Co wins but before season's end, Tullahoma will be stocking up on flex seal. 

3 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

It's all about context. We are talking about the region. There's NO team coming out of this region that will do damage in the playoffs; however, with all the teams being mediocre it makes for fun competition within the region. I was just saying LiCo and LaCo have as good a chance at knocking folks off within the region as any other team. 

I've not kept up with LaCo, but I did a little research. Their best teams date back to the 50s and 60s. Their all time winning percentage as a program is 42% so your assumption about the last 30 yrs sounds right. I just think this year with Everly #4 they look more efficient. This version of the wingT may be more about the Jimmy(s) and the Joe(s). 

As far as Tullahoma, I agree. I think the game comes down to turnovers and costly penalties as I don't believe Tullahoma is significantly better than the Falcons as in years past. I'm not saying Lincoln Co wins but before season's end, Tullahoma will be stocking up on flex seal. 

Long season ahead, I wouldn't count out  Shelbyville getting to the second or third round of the playoffs They have too many weapons on offense,  there defense is there weakness at times.  Some very good teams in the opposite region, Centennial, Nolensville, and Page,  but they appear at this stage, not as good as they have been.  As far as Tullahoma is concerned,  I would be surprised if they're  any changes in the coaching staff, as long as John Olive is AD.  Too many ties to  Olive on the staff, and too many meddling members of the Quarterback Club. A very toxic environment

2 minutes ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Long season ahead, I wouldn't count out  Shelbyville getting to the second or third round of the playoffs They have too many weapons on offense,  there defense is there weakness at times.  Some very good teams in the opposite region, Centennial, Nolensville, and Page,  but they appear at this stage, not as good as they have been.  As far as Tullahoma is concerned,  I would be surprised if they're  any changes in the coaching staff, as long as John Olive is AD.  Too many ties to  Olive on the staff, and too many meddling members of the Quarterback Club. A very toxic environment

I've coached in programs where the parents and boosters are very involved. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it hurts. I try not to dwell on the outside factors and just support the team. It's all us fans can do.