FORREST AT WHITE HOUSE HERITAGE 2023

GeneralForrest

The emergence of Fletcher Fields isn't super surprising given his success before high school, but still, the way he dominated  last Friday was incredible, really.

He is the fastest kid since Daughrity and the most durable not named McClendon in forever.

I am not including him in McClendon territory, yet. Let's see what he does the next 5 games.

McClendons are characterized as being dependable, quick, durable, opportunistic on O and D, and continuing to improve as they get older. They play big in big games. They've played on teams that beat Watertown, Tyner, Meigs, Riverside, and hung with Marion, Adamsville in their prime, Columbia Academy, Waverly, and more. 

But Fields, just wow. 

On 9/18/2023 at 1:04 PM, GeneralForrest said:

The emergence of Fletcher Fields isn't super surprising given his success before high school, but still, the way he dominated  last Friday was incredible, really.

But Fields, just wow. 

Awesome 3 game stretch for #1. A player who in June or July I said was a difference maker and needed 8-10 touches a game gets 1, 4, 5, 11, and 3 touches in the first 5 games. I don't think he has a reception this season. He's one of the most explosive freshman in our area since Dawson White or KJ Jackson and he's not on the kickoff return team and doesn't start on offense?  His stat line last week was 3 carries for 111 yards and 2 TDs. 

Forrest had the good fortune to have one of the better freshman skill guys in middle Tennessee last season. They have one who is more productive in this year's class. We have an 8th grader right now who may be more better than both of these and 4-5 others 9th/10th graders who could start on many other teams. With the right guy in charge we could be in the running for Chattanooga for the next 3-4 seasons. 

17 hours ago, Salem said:

Awesome 3 game stretch for #1. A player who in June or July I said was a difference maker and needed 8-10 touches a game gets 1, 4, 5, 11, and 3 touches in the first 5 games. I don't think he has a reception this season. He's one of the most explosive freshman in our area since Dawson White or KJ Jackson and he's not on the kickoff return team and doesn't start on offense?  His stat line last week was 3 carries for 111 yards and 2 TDs. 

Forrest had the good fortune to have one of the better freshman skill guys in middle Tennessee last season. They have one who is more productive in this year's class. We have an 8th grader right now who may be more better than both of these and 4-5 others 9th/10th graders who could start on many other teams. With the right guy in charge we could be in the running for Chattanooga for the next 3-4 seasons. 

11 in the region game-that has to be the expectation for Friday night 

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

11 in the region game-that has to be the expectation for Friday night 

He should have 11 touches at halftime in a game this big. This is why in this summer's post I said we have a game changing,  explosive freshman IF he gets an opportunity. At midseason he still isn't starting on offense and is touching the ball about 4 times a game. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

He should have 11 touches at halftime in a game this big. This is why in this summer's post I said we have a game changing,  explosive freshman IF he gets an opportunity. At midseason he still isn't starting on offense and is touching the ball about 4 times a game. 

Idk, but I’m thinking 22 carries versus grown men would equal a rough Saturday morning for the talented young man