Marion Co vs Sequatchie Co (Starkey&Hutch vs Sasquatch)

Southtowner

42 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

Most expected a close game. Our kids played to their potential and that's the end result. Pressure on the qb was key. Offensively we have a lot of speed and it's hard to account for 4 or 5 kids that can score on any play from anywhere on the field.

kind of what i have been saying (im not the only one)- that is, that this isnt last years marion team 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Awesome.   

I was gonna leave at halftime of our homecoming game to take in the 2nd half of this one.  Needless to say,  I didn't make it. :ph34r:

2nd half was boring. Hard to come back out and match the intensity that they had in the 1st. Seq got the ball first and just ran the ball. Kinda knew they were done.

13 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

kind of what i have been saying (im not the only one)- that is, that this isnt last years marion team 

Last year's team also lost a Mr football candidate in the second game.  They didn't have an identity after that, and I got made fun of because I said that.  The whole offense was built around the bellcow fullback and all of the sudden there isn't anyone to plug in his place.  The sophomore complimentary pieces are thrust in the spotlight and the offense wasn't ready.  Now, they have had a year to change identity and the first couple of weeks there have been rough patches but the last two games there have been improvement from playcalling, to the qb getting settled some and the biggest difference is at dc where a change in staff helped this defense from playing on its heels to becoming an attacking defense.  Hopefully they can keep improving every week.  And no, this team isn't quite to the level of those 14-17 teams yet.  

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

OP says congrats to the Warriors on the “W”. Yep OP & Cousin Lester witnessed the skirmish, never become  real fued. Warriors wearing SP Black uniforms earholed them Indians. Dad Burnit it was a rite smart confusing fer OP. The black uniform reminded OP of all them years the Pirates earholed the Warriors! LOPAO, YepReconSo……….BTW, WHITE Helmets? You fellers need start another Tything program to buy some Black Helmets! You kinfolkes knowds you hate that Puke Purple. Figure the near elimination of Puke purple on uniforms prove what OP has been saying all along! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

13 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

OP says congrats to the Warriors on the “W”. Yep OP & Cousin Lester witnessed the skirmish, never become  real fued. Warriors wearing SP Black uniforms earholed them Indians. Dad Burnit it was a rite smart confusing fer OP. The black uniform reminded OP of all them years the Pirates earholed the Warriors! LOPAO, YepReconSo……….BTW, WHITE Helmets? You fellers need start another Tything program to buy some Black Helmets! You kinfolkes knowds you hate that Puke Purple. Figure the near elimination of Puke purple on uniforms prove what OP has been saying all along! 

What kind of mess is this? I reckon that skillet slinger done whooped you too many times. You was spoutin off you'd never be back at that Baxter man's field and you done slid in there with your purple jock on cheering for them Warriors. Some likes them black uniforms and some don't. As long as they don't wear the original south pitt colors I'll be ok. Reckon most fans don't know the original school colors for the Pirates.

You think I'm jokin but I'm not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/22/2023 at 2:07 PM, CoyDillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I reckon that skillet slinger done whooped you too many times. You was spoutin off you'd never be back at that Baxter man's field and you done slid in there with your purple jock on cheering for them Warriors. Some likes them black uniforms and some don't. As long as they don't wear the original south pitt colors I'll be ok. Reckon most fans don't know the original school colors for the Pirates.

You think I'm jokin but I'm not. 

Old Pirate says Cousin Lester from the Mountain Top Eagle Nest paid fer the tickets & us two fellers headed to SC to watch that fued with them Bulldogs. Has you kinfolkes started tything to buy new black helmets?  Dad Burnit you kinfolkes surely have the experience with spray cans, ain’t a nary bit of an excuse fer you fellers making them youngons wear black uniforms with Jailhouse High white helmets. Nows mostly you fellers is Vol fans and ain’t no white helmets with black or grey uniforms. OP says you fellers surely been busy fixing this mess.  

Edited by OLD PIRATE