Moore Co Raiders @ Cornersville Bulldogs Week 6 Sept 22nd

RaiderzFan

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I was there Pops.

I didn't hear what you and others are referring to.

I did hear a very rowdy crowd on both sides.

I sat on the Cornersville side & heard a lot of "hoo,  hoo, hoo."  Just like everywhere else I go.

Did others hear something entirely different?   Racially motivated?  I guess they did.  

The "monkey" reference I took as meaning that exactly. 

The Simian reference has been used across all cultures throughout recorded history as referring to inferiority. 

I wouldn't have used the white trash reference as you did though.

We can't lump everyone together. 

Yes, I was at the game.  I met some good people.

Saw a great game.  

I could say more.

But I think this will suffice at the moment.

This is the entire point! It was not racial insults in 2020. Race was never part of the discussion as it should not be until Pop took it there.

The Cornersville fans were referenced as cackling monkeys (meaning they were chattering a lot and) and you associate this word and automatically assume that was a racial thing, You are the problem (referring to Pop). He needs to look in the mirror while calling someone trash if as he said, he hears the word Monkey and associates it to inner city kids. This is disgraceful and hard to even type. I think you should just stop talking Pop. You keep putting your foot in your mouth deeper. 

2 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

This is the entire point! It was not racial insults in 2020. Race was never part of the discussion as it should not be until Pop took it there.

The Cornersville fans were referenced as cackling monkeys (meaning they were chattering a lot and) and you associate this word and automatically assume that was a racial thing, You are the problem (referring to Pop). He needs to look in the mirror while calling someone trash if as he said, he hears the word Monkey and associates it to inner city kids. This is disgraceful and hard to even type. I think you should just stop talking Pop. You keep putting your foot in your mouth deeper. 

I took the "cackling monkey" reference as meaning just that.  As a racially motivated cackle.

Was it?

Idk?

But he did say "I felt the lowest ive ever as a human being.."

It disturbed him to the point that he got up and went to the other side. 

I hope I'm not labeled a bigot.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I took the "cackling monkey" reference as meaning just that.  As a racially motivated cackle.

Was it?

Idk?

But he did say "I felt the lowest ive ever as a human being.."

It disturbed him to the point that he got up and went to the other side. 

I hope I'm not labeled a bigot.

I did not read it that way. Perhaps BBBRaider can clarify?

Anyway, back to football. 

After rewatching the game today, not alot changed in my opinion of what happened. 

As far as play goes, Dawson and the receivers completely controlled it 23 was far better than I thought. He made us look bad a few times. We were just outmatched all the way around. 

I would love to know how many missed tackles Dawson White has created this season. There were plays I counted 6-8 missed tackles, he is so elusive and really does nothing special. He just has a knack for it. Think it’s rubbing off on 23 as well. Very dangerous team. 

Just now, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Anyway, back to football. 

After rewatching the game today, not alot changed in my opinion of what happened. 

As far as play goes, Dawson and the receivers completely controlled it 23 was far better than I thought. He made us look bad a few times. We were just outmatched all the way around. 

I would love to know how many missed tackles Dawson White has created this season. There were plays I counted 6-8 missed tackles, he is so elusive and really does nothing special. He just has a knack for it. Think it’s rubbing off on 23 as well. Very dangerous team. 

Superman will make anyone look silly.

I saw him when they hosted Franklin County of this year. 

Saw him last year @ Fayetteville. 

I can usually pick out a good game from time to time over in that area. 

That's why I was at Frog Bottom back in 2020.  ;)

3 hours ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

YES YOU ARE OFF BASE YOU BIGOT. THE FACT THIS IS WHERE YOUR BRAIN GOES SHOWS YOUR TRUE COLORS!

YOU HAVE MADE MY POINT FOR ME. AND YOU HAVE AUDACITY TO TALK ABOUT US LIKE YOU HAVE. 

DAWG how’d we get off on the wrong foot. Guess I’m a little sensitive when it comes to taunting Kids inappropriately. IF you say it wasn’t that. I’m cool with it. 
I thought we were friends now. You did invite me for a drive around Cornersville. 
I was going to offer to buy lunch. I guess I’m as “white trash” as they come. I grew up in the Appalachian Mtns and wore Liberty Overalls to School. But if the cat calling wasn’t racial then it’s case closed for me. I was apparently misinformed that the chants were like “monkeys”. 
Im satisfied that it probably wasn’t. Even though there are people on this thread that contradict it. Regardless you have a Wonderful Weekend Brother and good luck to your Bulldogs the rest of the way. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I was there Pops.

I didn't hear what you and others are referring to.

I did hear a very rowdy crowd on both sides.

I sat on the Cornersville side & heard a lot of "hoo,  hoo, hoo."  Just like everywhere else I go.

Did others hear something entirely different?   Racially motivated?  I guess they did.  

The "monkey" reference I took as meaning that exactly. 

The Simian reference has been used across all cultures throughout recorded history as referring to inferiority. 

I wouldn't have used the white trash reference as you did though.

We can't lump everyone together. 

Yes, I was at the game.  I met some good people.

Saw a great game.  

I could say more.

But I think this will suffice at the moment.

Thanks for your take on it South Town. Sounds like a few bad apples taking the taunting a little too far. Unfortunate. But it happens. I’ve been to games where there was a lot worse said about the Kids of color than making monkey sounds. At least social norms are better than when i was a Kid. 

2 hours ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

“Hoo, Hoo, Hoo” is monkey sound come on guys let’s not be nieve