William Blount hosts Science Hill

GovForce1

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Science Hill will win this one. Bill Blount got their only region win that they will get. The next and last win will be Union County. Going from 0-10 to 5-5 is a great turnaround though.

You forgot Soddy Daisy. We should definitely beat them if we're still healthy.

Edited by GovForce1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

West Ridge isn't very good and they put up 49 on WB. Stacy Carter likes to show off. I think it will be something like 65- 14

What??? The most Science Hill has scored all season is 27. The lowest scoring game  for WB so far was 29 points at Heritage playing against the officials in a rivalry game. You're also not factoring in the long road trip factor. Science Hill will be making the trip down here. I'll use our home and home with Elizabethton as an example. We had a lead well into the second half when they came here and they beat the crap  out of us up there. The home team has a huge advantage when the visiting team has to be on a bus almost 3 hours and then get off mentally ready to play. I'm expecting a good game. 

1 hour ago, GovForce1 said:

What??? The most Science Hill has scored all season is 27. The lowest scoring game  for WB so far was 29 points at Heritage playing against the officials in a rivalry game. You're also not factoring in the long road trip factor. Science Hill will be making the trip down here. I'll use our home and home with Elizabethton as an example. We had a lead well into the second half when they came here and they beat the crap  out of us up there. The home team has a huge advantage when the visiting team has to be on a bus almost 3 hours and then get off mentally ready to play. I'm expecting a good game. 

Now compare the teams Science Hill has played (Elizabethton, Anderson Co, Jeff Co., Maryville) to who WB has played (South Doyle, Heritage, Austin East, West Ridge, Karns). Not quite apples to apples. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SweetScience said:

The Govs come back to reality in the coming weeks with SH, DB, and JC on the schedule. Honestly, though, I don’t blame them for scheduling those cupcake teams, especially when they didn’t even win 1 single game last season. Those boys needed something to boost their morale, which I’m sure was deep down in the pits after last season.

1 win in two seasons......so the schedule reflects the state of affairs. However of note....in these "cupckaes" Karns was a playoff team the year before.....Heritage was a playoff team the year before and MoEast not only was a playoff team the year before they beat WB 60-7??  Wait a second!!! Austin East was also a playoff team the year before.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonto10 said:

1 win in two seasons......so the schedule reflects the state of affairs. However of note....in these "cupckaes" Karns was a playoff team the year before.....Heritage was a playoff team the year before and MoEast not only was a playoff team the year before they beat WB 60-7??  Wait a second!!! Austin East was also a playoff team the year before.....

As Stars says; Ennurustin.

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

The Govs come back to reality in the coming weeks with SH, DB, and JC on the schedule. Honestly, though, I don’t blame them for scheduling those cupcake teams, especially when they didn’t even win 1 single game last season. Those boys needed something to boost their morale, which I’m sure was deep down in the pits after last season.

absolutley agree...if the volunteers can schedule 3 or 4 cupcakes in the line up....why should the Govs be beat up over doin it

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonto10 said:

Making the playoffs, unfortunately, is not a good measure for how good a team is. Watered down divisions, top 4 in each region go, just isn’t that hard in a lot of places.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Making the playoffs, unfortunately, is not a good measure for how good a team is. Watered down divisions, top 4 in each region go, just isn’t that hard in a lot of places.

We (OR) made the playoffs 2 years ago @ 3-7, if that tells you anything. It’s pathetic. Long gone are the old 3 class days where you actually had to fight hard to make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

We (OR) made the playoffs 2 years ago @ 3-7, if that tells you anything. It’s pathetic. Long gone are the old 3 class days where you actually had to fight hard to make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

TN is too small of a state to really have 6 classifications in public ball and 3 in private. TSSAA just wants as much $$$ as possible. 5 and 2 would be a good setting for the state imo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

TN is too small of a state to really have 6 classifications in public ball and 3 in private. TSSAA just wants as much $$$ as possible. 5 and 2 would be a good setting for the state imo

I would argue 4 in public and 2 private (one that gives athletic FA and one that doesn't). You are 100% right on the T$$AA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1OldPatriot said:

I would argue 4 in public and 2 private (one that gives athletic FA and one that doesn't). You are 100% right on the T$$AA

I hear you, I just think that with 4 public classifications that you'd have schools with 2k+ kids playing schools that don't have much over 1k in 4A. In 1A you'd have schools with barely over 100 kids playing schools with 500. Thats a huge difference in both cases. 1A(0-500), 2A(501-1000), 3A(1001-1500), & 4A(1501- the rest)