Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, Tab said:

It was a sloppy and bad played game by both teams. Elizabethton could have won easy and then again DB could have won a close game. DB had 5 turnovers and Elizabethton had what 12 or 14 penalties? DB has no chance to do anything this year but for Elizabethton keep him playing like they did last night and their season will end in early November.

Best thing to happen to Elizabethton last night was to have a close game with mistakes. That was a good test to see how good they are for November and December. 6 games in only gave up one pass touchdown 

A lot of people care about football in Kingsport and as one of the winningest teams in the state, they are proud of the football history here.I'm not a band guy but yes ," DB hands down  " has one of the best bands in the USA every year and that's not a bad thing.I really liked their show down at UT a few years ago about 911. If I would have had a kid in the band,I would have been very proud of their work and so on. However, I didn't and when I go to a football game it's for the football game and if the band performs,that is a nice bonus.If I had a kid in the band ,I would watch them and stay to support their classmates on the football field,but I guess just like Batman,those parents are there for one thing first and many could care less about football .

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

DB cares everything about band and not one thing about football.. that's just how the school is. Drives me crazy. We were down 16 to 13 against asheville at half and after the band performed ALOT of people got up and left. But one question I have is, DB doesn't care about football (only care about band), Betsy lives and breathes football and beat db by 7. What does that really say about where Elizabethton is.

I was there. I witnessed it firsthand.

• Upvote 1

Seem to me like all the posts so far have good points. I took my daughter to the game last night for the first time in about 3 years. We love all the hype that is Friday night football. As we were watching she said dad they all look small compared to the guys that played when I went here ,and I said yep. As a previous poster said, the weight room is where it’s at and I tend to agree. Sure coaching and definitely putting daddy’s boys that give a lot of money to the program the start hurts players and the team drastically. But you can go back 10-15 years ago and I knew a lot of the players and darn they busted their butts in the weight room and you could see it. I really didn’t want to go into the coaching , but running straight up the middle against a bigger more physical line the having third and long with a subpar passing attack should have been considered more during film study during the week. I mean DB ran it maybe 2 times outside in the game and one was a touchdown. So why pull Phillip Fulmer football scenario. It’s something as a fan that keeps us scratching our heads!

5 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

A lot of people care about football in Kingsport and as one of the winningest teams in the state, they are proud of the football history here.I'm not a band guy but yes ," DB hands down  " has one of the best bands in the USA every year and that's not a bad thing.I really liked their show down at UT a few years ago about 911. If I would have had a kid in the band,I would have been very proud of their work and so on. However, I didn't and when I go to a football game it's for the football game and if the band performs,that is a nice bonus.If I had a kid in the band ,I would watch them and stay to support their classmates on the football field,but I guess just like Batman,those parents are there for one thing first and many could care less about football .

I was in the band and started on the football team back in 1988. I have a unique perspective and appreciation for both disciplines. The Betsy band always beat DB in competitions back then, but DB got all the invitations to the Holiday parades because they had the numbers and the money. We were able to do Disney one year. It’s kinda an insult to be the best and get treated like the step kid just because you don’t have the numbers or the money. So yeah, I had a chip on my shoulder not just for the game that season but for my band experience as well. Band is great. Music is a wonderful thing and is still a part of my makeup as much a football is. But they need to be partners in this. Another issue is your coach. If he allows the band to run roughshod over the football team, then it’s on him. He needs to put the football team back n a position to succeed and generate more excitement. I feel he just kinda rolls with it. Take this for instance. Football is on hold till Friday because of the bye week. Not over here. On our bye weeks we take the extra time to prepare, heal and continue to improve by working. If you want different results, you gotta change the culture. And ditch that pay to play system. The lights are not worth it. And when almost your entire o-line would rather have a different signal caller, that’s a clue that daddy’s money isn’t really helping the situation. Just hurting the team. It’s your team. You all step up and do something about it. Be heard. Voice your opinions. If enough of you do maybe you can effect a positive change, regardless of what that change is. I truly believe in order to have a passionate football team, you need passionate fans and supporters. Engaged fans that don’t just talk the talk but walk the walk. I hope for nothing but good for ALL of our area ball teams. I pull for even your the kids to succeed. So, HELP THEM!

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I was in the band and started on the football team back in 1988. I have a unique perspective and appreciation for both disciplines. The Betsy band always beat DB in competitions back then, but DB got all the invitations to the Holiday parades because they had the numbers and the money. We were able to do Disney one year. It’s kinda an insult to be the best and get treated like the step kid just because you don’t have the numbers or the money. So yeah, I had a chip on my shoulder not just for the game that season but for my band experience as well. Band is great. Music is a wonderful thing and is still a part of my makeup as much a football is. But they need to be partners in this. Another issue is your coach. If he allows the band to run roughshod over the football team, then it’s on him. He needs to put the football team back n a position to succeed and generate more excitement. I feel he just kinda rolls with it. Take this for instance. Football is on hold till Friday because of the bye week. Not over here. On our bye weeks we take the extra time to prepare, heal and continue to improve by working. If you want different results, you gotta change the culture. And ditch that pay to play system. The lights are not worth it. And when almost your entire o-line would rather have a different signal caller, that’s a clue that daddy’s money isn’t really helping the situation. Just hurting the team. It’s your team. You all step up and do something about it. Be heard. Voice your opinions. If enough of you do maybe you can effect a positive change, regardless of what that change is. I truly believe in order to have a passionate football team, you need passionate fans and supporters. Engaged fans that don’t just talk the talk but walk the walk. I hope for nothing but good for ALL of our area ball teams. I pull for even your the kids to succeed. So, HELP THEM!

Wow Dave your on a roll.