Rough year in Seymour

highschoolfbfan777

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

South Greene very physical with Speed. South Greene is better this year than last year. They beat you all last year 19-6. They beat Crockett this year who beat Cherokee who beat you all. Maybe that win is someone else on your schedule.

Coach is correct. SG completely different team than last year. I’ve had the opportunity to watch them a few times this season. The attitude that I sense from the team and staff is, play loose, fast, physical, and leave it on the field. They are young, but they are a good football TEAM. My opinion, and I may be off, but I don’t think SG has had their best game yet, and I suspect they’ll continue to improve and trend upwards..  

I think most of us HS football fan want to see all schools be successful, or least until they play your team. 

Edited by Romansfive8

Seymour shouldn't be in this predicament. Usually when it comes to something like this someone with a little power has something to do with it. Since Householder left coaching there it's been a revolving door. The King's Academy seems to be a knock off the block from it's predecessor, Harison-Chilhowee. Only the name has changed, same old dumpy field and the whipping boy for all the other private schools with losing records can go to cash in on a win to save their humility.                                                                                                                                                                             

On 9/23/2023 at 11:20 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Seymour shouldn't be in this predicament. Usually when it comes to something like this someone with a little power has something to do with it. Since Householder left coaching there it's been a revolving door. The King's Academy seems to be a knock off the block from it's predecessor, Harison-Chilhowee. Only the name has changed, same old dumpy field and the whipping boy for all the other private schools with losing records can go to cash in on a win to save their humility.                                                                                                                                                                             

Householder was the AD up until this year I believe. Best players been leaving Seymour for quite some time now. Hopefully the new AD can turn things around, but he’s got his work cut out for him.
King’s had a decent run with Lowe and brought a few quality players in. Definitely trending back to what they were before he arrived. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachBsDUI said:

Householder was the AD up until this year I believe. Best players been leaving Seymour for quite some time now. Hopefully the new AD can turn things around, but he’s got his work cut out for him.
King’s had a decent run with Lowe and brought a few quality players in. Definitely trending back to what they were before he arrived. 

Gary was a great coach. I can't understand how it slipped to this level with him being the AD.

On 9/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, noonesfool said:

South Greene very physical with Speed. South Greene is better this year than last year. They beat you all last year 19-6. They beat Crockett this year who beat Cherokee who beat you all. Maybe that win is someone else on your schedule.

I agree and no way Seymour beats South Greene.

I lost a lot of respect for Householder.They were going to take Seymour in their heyday out of the weak region they were in & put them with AE & Fulton & they wouldn't make the playoffs so he went & cried to stay in the weak region.They also had some classes they sent a bunch of students to Sevier County High to take classes & didn't count that towards their enrollment which would have put them in 4A & sure wouldn't make the playoffs so no respect on that.

16 hours ago, highschoolfbfan777 said:

I lost a lot of respect for Householder.They were going to take Seymour in their heyday out of the weak region they were in & put them with AE & Fulton & they wouldn't make the playoffs so he went & cried to stay in the weak region.They also had some classes they sent a bunch of students to Sevier County High to take classes & didn't count that towards their enrollment which would have put them in 4A & sure wouldn't make the playoffs so no respect on that.

The entire county is running from competition and dumbing down their schedules. Won’t see much football success in these parts. We striving for mediocrity!