McMinn County Cherokees @ Rhea County Golden Eagle

RichyRich

Should be a good game between two region rivals, mcminn and rhea are about even when its to win vs losses between each other if you exclude rhea central/Dayton before 1973, I think it should be a good game if rhea County is able to get their boy Davis back before next Friday, if not I'm leaning toward my cherokees getting the win, but if the golden eagles are healthy they stand a good chance of pulling an upset.

4 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

They usually are though, I feel like it could be attributed to their  loss of their lead man Davis, they've been down the past few years but haven't been bad, just mediocre. 

But dang was he their whole team? They have looked awful the past 3 weeks. I’m not sure he’d made that much of a difference losing by 40 plus the last couple weeks 

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

But dang was he their whole team? They have looked awful the past 3 weeks. I’m not sure he’d made that much of a difference losing by 40 plus the last couple weeks 

I get what your saying but if your a wing T losing your starting back really hurts the team, I assume rhea still runs that, it does baffle me how rhea County was such a tough out from 2013-2017 but they've kinda receded, not quite on the level of ooletwah, but they haven't been themselves past few years, so far I think the region will shake out 

1 and 2 could either be mcminn or walker valley

3 Rhea County

4 east Hamilton

But the way EH played against Howard kind of has me wondering if maybe just maybe ooletwah could pull an upset on them.

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I get what your saying but if your a wing T losing your starting back really hurts the team, I assume rhea still runs that, it does baffle me how rhea County was such a tough out from 2013-2017 but they've kinda receded, not quite on the level of ooletwah, but they haven't been themselves past few years, so far I think the region will shake out 

1 and 2 could either be mcminn or walker valley

3 Rhea County

4 east Hamilton

But the way EH played against Howard kind of has me wondering if maybe just maybe ooletwah could pull an upset on them.

Rhea County won the region in 2020 and again in 2021 losing in the quarterfinals to eventual state champion Powell.  Last year was bad but they lost 20 something seniors in 21. RC is completely different team w Davis healthy. 

53 minutes ago, UTVol3 said:

Rhea County won the region in 2020 and again in 2021 losing in the quarterfinals to eventual state champion Powell.  Last year was bad but they lost 20 something seniors in 21. RC is completely different team w Davis healthy. 

I'm the one standing up for them here pal lol, I just remember them being really good 2013-2016,  I didn't really start paying attention to region 4 5a til mcminn moved back down to 5a In 2021, I didn't really remember 2021, but I know mcminn lost to same team in 2nd round

Edited by RichyRich

52 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I'm the one standing up for them here pal lol, I just remember them being really good 2013-2016,  I didn't really start paying attention to region 4 5a til mcminn moved back down to 5a In 2021, I didn't really remember 2021, but I know mcminn lost to same team in 2nd round

Wasn’t trying to argue w you. I agree w your comments. Just quoted your post to state that it’s not been that long since we won two region titles . Fans are quick to forget success when you have a couple of bad seasons. 

1 hour ago, Random1234 said:

McMinn wins this one whether Davis plays or not. 

Eagles are just bad. Starts with the HC and works it’s way down. The players don’t want to play for that staff because a majority of them treat the kids like crap.

It’s time for a new HC to bring some life into that program and say good bye to the wing T 

They don’t run the wing T……

2 hours ago, UTVol3 said:

Wasn’t trying to argue w you. I agree w your comments. Just quoted your post to state that it’s not been that long since we won two region titles . Fans are quick to forget success when you have a couple of bad seasons. 

I know you weren't man, but yeah that's usually how it goes I heard the same thing from 2013 to 2015 despite mcminn winning two back to back titles in the Old district 2011 and 2012

Edited by RichyRich