Upperman vs Smith Co

Volsfan52

I honestly don’t know much about either team. Looking at both teams schedule, Upperman probably has the more proven track record. I did pick Smith Co to get the W over ER last night, because I wasn’t sold on ER’s ranking position. Before the Smith Co and ER game, I though ER’s ranking was over inflated. Upperman probably has the speed advantage, and Upperman would be my pick at this moment.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1

Smith Co is a good 2A team but for Upperman's sake the game shouldn't be very close, otherwise they're going to have trouble in the playoffs. The defense can only get the Bees so far until the offense has to score. Caine's coaching style seems to be about being methodical and controlling the clock but with Upperman's low scoring output (no games over 35 points), any mistakes or turnovers will quickly see the U in a hole they can't crawl out of.

Upperman should be dropping 49 on teams like Cumberland Co but they struggle to get going even against cupcakes. If they're gonna continue running the same offense they'll simply have to stay extremely disciplined and minimize turnovers for 4 quarters or they'll have an early exit in the playoffs. My prediction for this game is 35-14 Upperman, the Bees defense too much for the Owls but the U unable to put up more points on the scoreboard. Either way should be a good litmus test for both teams to see how they'll fare in the post season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyRay said:

Smith Co is a good 2A team but for Upperman's sake the game shouldn't be very close, otherwise they're going to have trouble in the playoffs. The defense can only get the Bees so far until the offense has to score. Caine's coaching style seems to be about being methodical and controlling the clock but with Upperman's low scoring output (no games over 35 points), any mistakes or turnovers will quickly see the U in a hole they can't crawl out of.

Upperman should be dropping 49 on teams like Cumberland Co but they struggle to get going even against cupcakes. If they're gonna continue running the same offense they'll simply have to stay extremely disciplined and minimize turnovers for 4 quarters or they'll have an early exit in the playoffs. My prediction for this game is 35-14 Upperman, the Bees defense too much for the Owls but the U unable to put up more points on the scoreboard. Either way should be a good litmus test for both teams to see how they'll fare in the post season

The problem with this prediction is that Smith County has really good defense ( maybe the best y’all seen this year)

I do think Upperman wins but it’ll be a 21-7 kind of game at the most.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, H2Oman said:

The problem with this prediction is that Smith County has really good defense ( maybe the best y’all seen this year)

I do think Upperman wins but it’ll be a 21-7 kind of game at the most.

Perhaps I was being a tad optimistic. But it won't bode well for them if they continue to struggle with scoring especially in these next three games. Frankly they haven't proven themselves to deserve the #2 spot in 4A and really need a strong finish this season if they want to go deep for a chance at the gold ball.