Smoky Bears vs Hardin Valley

CoachBsDUI

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

Stay playing Knox area teams and it will help you in the playoffs, might hurt your reg season record though. North East TN is so bad minus a few teams. Both 6a and 5a upper east tn teams normally get swept by the knox area region they draw.

We could keep them I just love watching two teams Match up that I haven't seen play, probably ain't played sevierville since 2006 or so. Think it was a first round loss for hs 14-28

On 9/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, RichyRich said:

I think it'll be a pretty good game I don't know much about  the Morristown teams though. I wish we (mcminn county) would play more teams north of Knoxville.  I've wanted to see mcminn play sevierville, Bristol tn, Morristown west, Jefferson County for awhile  but they hardly will travel that far anymore.  

Hard to do with 7:00 kickoffs

24 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Yeah don't think sevierville or Jefferson County is really any further from athens than oak ridge  would be and we always play each other

I think when programs schedule games they think of the gate a team might bring in too. You only get to pick 4-5 non region games. Sure the kids can leave early and make it in plenty of time, but will the fanbase travel and bring in $$? Some fan bases travel well and some do not.

29 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Yeah don't think sevierville or Jefferson County is really any further from athens than oak ridge  would be and we always play each other

Both are 53 mi. away from Oak Ridge.  Bout another hr in a car with Fri. traffic on 40 E.  How many do you think McMinn would bring?  just curious.  

2 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Don’t have to go through Knoxville.

Depends on which way the busses go bc ive went through Knoxville to get oak ridge in the back of a police car many moons ago. I've always wondered if busses take the fastest route or if they go back roads to certain places bc ive came through Meigs and Roane County to get to OR too. And I wasn't talking about or vs sevierville or Jefferson County  I was talking about athens going up there or vice versa so you would have to go through Knoxville for the latter two.

4 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I think when programs schedule games they think of the gate a team might bring in too. You only get to pick 4-5 non region games. Sure the kids can leave early and make it in plenty of time, but will the fanbase travel and bring in $$? Some fan bases travel well and some do not.

Just gets boring if you play the same teams constantly. The games I get most excited for are games that are teams they've seldom played