Region 6 3A part 2

banannapeel

56 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Can anyone tell me about Fairview’s football team? Players to watch? 

On the old 6-3A thread their defense was given the nickname "swiss cheese" but somehow they've managed to luck up and win a few games this season.  #37 Walls is a good player for them.  I heard he was kicking the ball now clear out of the back of the end zone.  

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

On the old 6-3A thread their defense was given the nickname "swiss cheese" but somehow they've managed to luck up and win a few games this season.  #37 Walls is a good player for them.  I heard he was kicking the ball now clear out of the back of the end zone.  

Great assessment!  :)

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

#37 was a big problem for us as well, you have to account for him on every snap. Better spend a lot of practice time this week game planning for him. #99 Wuchina was really good for them as well

As a Fairview fan and resident I have to say that I'm very proud of this team and feel honored to watch them play. I don't believe I have ever saw this much improvement from the beginning of the season in another team. At least not in the last 10-12 years. 

Kudos to those young men and the coaching staff.  :thumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, banannapeel said:

I've got Fairview over WH Heritage for 6-3A championship. Fairview has come a long way since the start of the season. 

I agree. I do think it will be a competitive game though. If either team has a bad night it will be to their demise. 

My initial thoughts watching Fairview play East Hickman and Waverly I thought this team would be lucky to go .500. Now it's conceivable they could make the quarterfinals. 2nd round for sure if they win tomorrow night. 

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

I agree. I do think it will be a competitive game though. If either team has a bad night it will be to their demise. 

My initial thoughts watching Fairview play East Hickman and Waverly I thought this team would be lucky to go .500. Now it's conceivable they could make the quarterfinals. 2nd round for sure if they win tomorrow night. 

Their coaching staff and players should absolutely be commended for righting the ship this season 

• Like 1

Looking forward to tonight’s Region Championship Game! Like I said before, Coach Murray and his Staff deserve a ton of credit getting Heritage to this point. The Patriots were 1-9 under the previous HC. Now, with a chance to play for the #1 Seed, is a BIG deal! I’m glad at the very least Heritage will get a Home Playoff Game.

I don’t know much about Fairview’s Defense, but I do know X Murray is a good QB and the Patriots should put some points up. Remember, Xavier is only a Freshman. Hopefully, Heritage can get some stops Defensively. 

I’ll be there cheering on the Patriots!