Region 6 3A part 2

banannapeel

49 minutes ago, ForeverHoopsFan said:

Taking nothing away from Heritage but they have played one team with a winning record. Props to the former coach for setting them up for success with the schedule he left them. Coach Murray needs to be sure to send him a Christmas card. 

you are correct...

but also true...

Fairview has only played 2 teams with a winning record. 

8 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Looking forward to tonight’s Region Championship Game! Like I said before, Coach Murray and his Staff deserve a ton of credit getting Heritage to this point. The Patriots were 1-9 under the previous HC. Now, with a chance to play for the #1 Seed, is a BIG deal! I’m glad at the very least Heritage will get a Home Playoff Game.

I don’t know much about Fairview’s Defense, but I do know X Murray is a good QB and the Patriots should put some points up. Remember, Xavier is only a Freshman. Hopefully, Heritage can get some stops Defensively. 

I’ll be there cheering on the Patriots! 

Yes Heritage does deserve alot of credit for bouncing back from last seasons woes. 

I've watched quite a bit of film. The QB is very talented and has a bright future. He's got a few athletes to help him too. I believe that if Heritage wins the game it will because he had a big night. 

Safe travels!

17 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Congratulations to Fairview on winning the region championship.  It sounds like their defense played a great game.  

They really did. Heritage did too really. We were in the red zone on multiple occasions and either missed chip shot  field goals (x2) or Heritage made a big play to prevent a touchdown. These teams were so similar. 

Thing is, IMO, if we'd played in the first half of the season Heritage would have beat us without question.