Waverly Vs. Loretto

FastEddieDavis

On 10/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, H2Oman said:

It should be a good game, but I just think Loretto is a team of destiny and will handle their business Friday.

9-1 or 8-2 is still a team of destiny for Loretto. I think Waverly will surprise a lot of ppl. Waverly started the season off poorly on defense and the loss to Mt Pleasant was a good swift kick between the legs. Waverly needed the wake up call. But at the end of the day, they are still Waverly and still think they win out this season. 

Edited by Trollin

I Haven't seen Loretto play this year. But Ive seen Waverly and a few other teams this year. If Loretto is a passing team, that will cause problems for Waverly. The home team definitely has an advantage due to the distance in travel. If Waverly doesn't start out slow (which they have a tendency to do) they have a good chance of winning this game, if they get behind its going to be a long night. Good luck and safe travels

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

9-1 or 8-2 is still a team of destiny for Loretto. I think Waverly will surprise a lot of ppl. Waverly started the season off poorly on defense and the loss to Mt Pleasant was a good swift kick between the legs. Waverly needed the wake up call. But at the end of the day, they are still Waverly and still think they win out this season. 

Very good point. Waverly is going to Waverly and I think they handle this one pretty soundly.

57 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

I Haven't seen Loretto play this year. But Ive seen Waverly and a few other teams this year. If Loretto is a passing team, that will cause problems for Waverly. The home team definitely has an advantage due to the distance in travel. If Waverly doesn't start out slow (which they have a tendency to do) they have a good chance of winning this game, if they get behind its going to be a long night. Good luck and safe travels

I think the passing works to Waverly advantage.

When did watch Waverly play?

20 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

Against MP. Defensive backfield was not impressive. Free Safety was the only good cover guy, JMO

Not a good game to have watched. Not a good example of the team. Waverly secondary has been playing lights out since. Our corners are very young and that was their 3rd game. The speed of 1 MP receiver exposed the young corner. 5 games played since then and have gotten a lot better. Loretto receivers don’t have the speed MP has. 

Edited by Trollin

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Not a good game to have watched. Not a good example of the team. Waverly secondary has been playing lights out since. Our corners are very young and that was their 3rd game. The speed of 1 MP receiver exposed the young corner. 5 games played since then and have gotten a lot better. Loretto receivers don’t have the speed MP has. 

What other passing teams have Waverly played this year?

5 hours ago, SPFootball1 said:

What other passing teams have Waverly played this year?

Camden, Fairview, Mt Pleasant is about it. Hickman passed quite a bit. 

What other teams has Loretto played that has had a RB with the types of numbers Waverlys has put up? Not only can he tote the rock, but so can the QB. Waverlys other RB can also tote the rock. The OL is legit. 

Edited by Trollin

24 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Camden, Fairview, Mt Pleasant is about it. Hickman passed quite a bit. 

What other teams has Loretto played that has had a RB with the types of numbers Waverlys has put up? Not only can he tote the rock, but so can the QB. Waverlys other RB can also tote the rock. The OL is legit. 

Lewis County has a great running back! Pretty sure he had almost 300 yards for us against MP