Brainerd at Meigs

Dadof2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Brainerd comes in riding a 14-12 win over Howard hoping to knock off the 8-0 tigers. Meigs escapes Polk with a 7-0 win last week, will Brainerd do what Polk almost did or will that wake the Tigers up, any thoughts?

I mentioned last week that Polk always plays Meigs tough. Meigs totally dominated the game stat-wise, but they committed too many ill-timed errors to put the game away. Give credit to Coach Davis and his staff and the Polk County team for fighting hard and making Meigs earn the victory.
The Tigers want to stay undefeated and win Region 3 in their first year competing in 3A football, so I believe they'll beat Brainerd.   

If there was a game for Meigs to be concerned with on their schedule in region play it’s Brainerd. Brainerd has athletes that Meigs has not seen. 
they have the ability to pull off the big play if they can connect. QB&WR seem to be out of sync but if it comes together there should be concern with the athletes. 
if Brainerd watches last weeks film and executes defensively then this may be alot closer than expected. 
meigs can not afford to come out slow like they have on several occasions this season.  They need to show the ability these next weeks to put 4 quarters together without committing silly penalties that have plagued them all season. 

12 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

If there was a game for Meigs to be concerned with on their schedule in region play it’s Brainerd. Brainerd has athletes that Meigs has not seen. 
they have the ability to pull off the big play if they can connect. QB&WR seem to be out of sync but if it comes together there should be concern with the athletes. 
if Brainerd watches last weeks film and executes defensively then this may be alot closer than expected. 
meigs can not afford to come out slow like they have on several occasions this season.  They need to show the ability these next weeks to put 4 quarters together without committing silly penalties that have plagued them all season. 

I’ve said all season that penalties could bite us in a close game if we’re not careful. As far as the athletes, They look a lot like Chat Central and Hixson has some good athletes as well. But I do agree with you that we need to come out fast and play physical and set the tone, if we do that, I think we win comfortably, if we play like we did against Polk with all the penalties and mistakes then we could be in a dog fight . It’s really hard to go undefeated in the regular season, trying to keep a bunch of young men focused for 10 games.

11 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve said all season that penalties could bite us in a close game if we’re not careful. As far as the athletes, They look a lot like Chat Central and Hixson has some good athletes as well. But I do agree with you that we need to come out fast and play physical and set the tone, if we do that, I think we win comfortably, if we play like we did against Polk with all the penalties and mistakes then we could be in a dog fight . It’s really hard to go undefeated in the regular season, trying to keep a bunch of young men focused for 10 games.

It's a region game and we're at home. I don't see us struggling this week again like we did last week.