HHS @ Henry County.

BarnBurner09

2 hours ago, bottomwriter said:

Does anyone besides the brothers from the Bottom wonder how the previous two seasons might have ended if Caden had gotten meaningful snaps in games? Hands down the second best player in school history behind Marsalis Teague?

can anyone tell me how I can watch a replay of the game. the nwtn website doesn't work from any of my devices  

You wont get a heated argument out of me on either point. Hands down might get an argument. We’ve had some absolute ballers and it’s hard to compare.

They don’t have a replay available that I’m aware of. 

Edited by SEC1rules

2 hours ago, bottomwriter said:

Does anyone besides the brothers from the Bottom wonder how the previous two seasons might have ended if Caden had gotten meaningful snaps in games? Hands down the second best player in school history behind Marsalis Teague?

can anyone tell me how I can watch a replay of the game. the nwtn website doesn't work from any of my devices  

1. A little bit. Ryan Damron was a really good QB, but I am perplexed why we didn't utilize Caden Marshall more on offense, even as a WR/RB/Wildcat. However, nobody in 5A was beating Knox West last year, so it's not something I lose sleep over. The year before was so chaotic I won't even pretend to play the ifs and buts game, although every little bit would've helped in that crazy semifinal game against Page. 

2. I think Teague is the best athlete we've ever had, but Marshall may actually be the better high school quarterback. To me he's unquestionably the better passer, and a very good athlete in his own right. 

3. I've been looking for a replay myself. No luck. 

13 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

You wont get a heated argument out of me on either point. Hands down might get an argument. We’ve had some absolute ballers and it’s hard to compare.

They don’t have a replay available that I’m aware of. 

Caden is definitely among the elite qbs that have come through Henry county, may very well be the best, I have seen acceleration from him the last two weeks in the running game that I had not seen before from him.   He is a very accurate passer and decision maker, and simply moves the chains at a steady pace.   I think about Calvin, Marsalis, Najee, Ryan, Caden and Caden is the most complete in my opinion, they were all awesome and fun to watch.  I would take any one of them again.   Colton Randolph has a state title for us and Will Parrish came up just a little short.    Everyone of those QBs were very good at doing what they did.   

13 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

On 11/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, Blaze45 said:

Heard the radio from Hendersonville saying the refs were garbage,,,and they gave Henry County 15 pts..... Truth?

Either way its a good way to be removed from broadcasting any sports sanctioned by TSSAA 

as usual th

Edited by HCHSladyPats

On 11/11/2023 at 10:29 PM, MSURacer said:

1. A little bit. Ryan Damron was a really good QB, but I am perplexed why we didn't utilize Caden Marshall more on offense, even as a WR/RB/Wildcat. However, nobody in 5A was beating Knox West last year, so it's not something I lose sleep over. The year before was so chaotic I won't even pretend to play the ifs and buts game, although every little bit would've helped in that crazy semifinal game against Page. 

2. I think Teague is the best athlete we've ever had, but Marshall may actually be the better high school quarterback. To me he's unquestionably the better passer, and a very good athlete in his own right. 

3. I've been looking for a replay myself. No luck. 

I played with 5 of the top 10 Henry County players all time in my opinion. These guys started the playoff streak in 2006 under Joe Gaddis. Calvin McNairl- TSU Marsalis Teague- UT Dominique Allen- LSU Lamar Theus- Murray State and William Henry- Bethel. The first three guys were known for offense. Marsalis was a great athlete and the best athlete on the team full of athletes but did not play offense when we played together, and he wasn't even the 1st or 2nd best player on our defense (Henry/Theus). I say that to bring light to how great Marshall is. Marshall is more athletically gifted than all these guys. Has the speed of Teague the strength/size of McNairl, actually a lot bigger. And the hard nose running style like Allen. Here is the kicker the guy might not even play quarterback at the next level. He is just as great on Defense. On defense he is a swiss army knife. He is similar to Henry as he can play anywhere on the defense and offense but is a lot better athlete. Henry could not play corner. Marshall can play anywhere on both sides of the ball outside of the O line and DT. All these guys could play both ways but Caden is better on either side than any of them.  

Caden Marshall is without a doubt the best Henry County Football player ever. 

9 hours ago, BigRedPatriot said:

I played with 5 of the top 10 Henry County players all time in my opinion. These guys started the playoff streak in 2006 under Joe Gaddis. Calvin McNairl- TSU Marsalis Teague- UT Dominique Allen- LSU Lamar Theus- Murray State and William Henry- Bethel. The first three guys were known for offense. Marsalis was a great athlete and the best athlete on the team full of athletes but did not play offense when we played together, and he wasn't even the 1st or 2nd best player on our defense (Henry/Theus). I say that to bring light to how great Marshall is. Marshall is more athletically gifted than all these guys. Has the speed of Teague the strength/size of McNairl, actually a lot bigger. And the hard nose running style like Allen. Here is the kicker the guy might not even play quarterback at the next level. He is just as great on Defense. On defense he is a swiss army knife. He is similar to Henry as he can play anywhere on the defense and offense but is a lot better athlete. Henry could not play corner. Marshall can play anywhere on both sides of the ball outside of the O line and DT. All these guys could play both ways but Caden is better on either side than any of them.  

Caden Marshall is without a doubt the best Henry County Football player ever. 

Some great names on that list. Sometimes I forget just how stacked those mid-late 2000s teams under Gaddis actually were. Even those next 1-2 years after Teague/Allen still had guys like Shonte Sims, Mac McFerren, Skylar Haley, and Storme Hilliard. Crazy how many athletes came through this little town in that 5-6 year span. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 6:47 PM, bottomwriter said:

Henry co. would have won at least 1 state championship if Caden was QB. he a way better QB then what they had .