5A Region 2 Championship - Powell @ West

WestHigh4Life

7 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

So West’s team last year - which was undefeated 15-0 state champions had to go on the road to beat Powell to even get a shot at Chattanooga.  Who the &$#* wouldn’t want that  game at home rather than on the road.  Yes - we won last year - but I wouldn’t put money on either of this years Powell or West teams to beat either of last years teams.  Home field means something.  I for one don’t want to drive there back to back years.

fair points.  i didn't get to go to the game last year, but i thought I remembered they won there.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nobody said they weren't but I think you sandbag alot when it comes to West, which Holtz did frequently 

Not sure I would say he sand bags, more like he has watched West the last few weeks and may have some concerns.  Unlike some teams that get on here in week 1 and declare themselves the second coming and let everyone know this is THEIR year baby and this in the bestest team ever assembled.  You usually stop hearing from those posters after week 2 of the playoffs.  WFL has been around awhile, he knows the drill.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nobody said they weren't but I think you sandbag alot when it comes to West, which Holtz did frequently 

Glad you follow my posts so closely...ill send you a copy of my book when its published ;)

Honestly posters on here take people way too seriously, besides on those posts you speak - sometimes I like giving a little motivation when I see fit.

Funny enough this thread was literally dead (talking about a game from last week and not this massive matchup) until my post. Glad I could give it some attention instead of the three or four threads on the Bearden-Bradley Central!

1 hour ago, Whs1984 said:

Also anyone know why the local 5a teams are all playing Thursday night this week?

A lot of schools have chosen to play on Thursday in the last week of the regular season over the last few years.   Gives an extra day to heal, and an extra day to prepare for a first-round opponent that you haven't seen in the regular season in most cases.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

A lot of schools have chosen to play on Thursday in the last week of the regular season over the last few years.   Gives an extra day to heal, and an extra day to prepare for a first-round opponent that you haven't seen in the regular season in most cases.  

K makes sense ty htv