fayetteville hosts forrest

City223

I want to correct an important point. 

F'ville didn't have 1 timeout and 1:20 to go the length of the field. 

They had 3 timeouts. Because the coach on the other side was Eli Stephenson. In pre-Christmas fashion, he decided to gift HIS 2 timeouts to a Fayetteville team that was sort of haphazardly moving the ball, but was also likely not going to score without the two additional stoppages Coach Eli bestowed upon them. 

Think about it. Clock is literally under a minute. F'Ville is going bonkers trying to get stuff together....first time out by ES. Next play, DPI on Forrest. 

ES gives his 2nd timeout, next play, with Forrest in a zone, F'ville TD. 

Forrest cannot get rid of this incompetent coach fast enough. His teams invent new ways to lose. I almost called him a "loser" but I will stop short of that. He just needs to go. Immediately. 

The talent is and was there. He is failing them. The kids. And has been. Nothing else matters. 

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

They had 3 timeouts. Because the coach on the other side was Eli Stephenson. In pre-Christmas fashion, he decided to gift HIS 2 timeouts to a Fayetteville team that was sort of haphazardly moving the ball, but was also likely not going to score without the two additional stoppages Coach Eli bestowed upon them. 

Think about it. Clock is literally under a minute. F'Ville is going bonkers trying to get stuff together....first time out by ES. Next play, DPI on Forrest. 

Forrest cannot get rid of this incompetent coach fast enough. His teams invent new ways to lose. I almost called him a "loser" but I will stop short of that. He just needs to go. Immediately. 

The talent is and was there. He is failing them. The kids. And has been. Nothing else matters. 

i was wondering the whole time why forrest was calling timeouts that drive to give fayetteville time to get things slowed down and under control it didn’t seem like forrest was lined up bad or anything. also the whole night #1 was probably the fastest kid on that field and the only play you can draw up for him is a jet sweep? it worked the first couple times but teams eventually catch on. 

2 minutes ago, City223 said:

i was wondering the whole time why forrest was calling timeouts that drive to give fayetteville time to get things slowed down and under control it didn’t seem like forrest was lined up bad or anything. also the whole night #1 was probably the fastest kid on that field and the only play you can draw up for him is a jet sweep? it worked the first couple times but teams eventually catch on. 

Yall were the better team and won.

I thought the timeouts used by Forrest & also by Fayetteville in the game on defense were used wisely.

Folks can say what they want about Eli, the ones that have seen more than just this one game of theirs,   But I thought he called a good game last night & he had his team in position to win.   Just didn't happen. 

You can nitpick this game apart but at the end of the day, the better team won and both sides put on an extremely good performance for everyone there. 

I'm sure Forrest is frustrated,  and the way this one ended, just adds more frustration. 

What else can one say? 

20 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I was there.

You know him better than I.

But if we're going on last night's performance,  coaching,  etc, etc,  I thought Forrest did themselves well.  Just my take Gen.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Good luck next week.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I thought the timeouts used by Forrest & also by Fayetteville in the game on defense were used wisely.

Folks can say what they want about Eli, the ones that have seen more than just this one game of theirs,   But I thought he called a good game last night & he had his team in position to win.   Just didn't happen. 

You can nitpick this game apart but at the end of the day, the better team won and both sides put on an extremely good performance for everyone there. 

I'm sure Forrest is frustrated,  and the way this one ended, just adds more frustration. 

What else can one say? 

i thought their coach called a good game overall but he should’ve found more ways to get 1 the ball in space other than jet sweeps. 

1 minute ago, City223 said:

yep. i haven’t seen that play before and i’ve seen many teams run the wing t

I've seen it before.

I think Forrest ran it several times but can't recall if they faked the 2nd handoff last night until that 29 yard jaunt.  Could be a "read" on his part & he read correctly,  kept the ball & found paydirt. 

3 minutes ago, City223 said:

i thought their coach called a good game overall but he should’ve found more ways to get 1 the ball in space other than jet sweeps. 

You can critique a game all day long, especially after the fact.

The flow of the game dictates certain calls at certain times.  Idk what Forrest could have done differently.  I thought they were well prepared for this game,  they were UP for this game, they played extremely well.  Just fell short. 

34 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

What else can one say? 

Super bland and weak rebuttal.   Only Baptist preachers and politicians talk like this. There was obviously funny business with the clock, the DPI was insanely stupid, but the better team won? Where do you come up with this stuff 

One follow up.  HOW specifically were Forrests last 2 timeouts used wisely 

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Super bland and weak rebuttal.   Only Baptist preachers and politicians talk like this. There was obviously funny business with the clock, the DPI was insanely stupid, but the better team won? Where do you come up with this stuff 

One follow up.  HOW specifically were Forrests last 2 timeouts used wisely 

Go take a hike.

Breathe some fresh air.

I was there, I gave my take.

I stand by what I posted.

It's your coach & team to criticize. 

Carry on.

Edited by Southtowner
I'm the Editor