Cornersville @ Eagleville

HerefortheDAWGS

2 hours ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Went back and looked, they said Shoals Christian (Alabama) cancelled. Since they beat us in the head to head, I don’t think it would come into play. Not sure how it would have affected if it did matter. If Collinwood looses to Huntland and you guys beat us, we would all be 3-3 and Collinwood would stay 2, Eagleville 3, Cornersville 4. If they loose and we win then we move to 2 CW to 3 and 4 depends on WC if I am seeing this all correctly now. If CW wins and we win CW is 2 we are 3 and 4 still depends on WC.

:popcorneater:

9 minutes ago, falconred said:

overall record means absolutely nothing as far as seeding for playoffs, its all about your region record, yall know nothing about football and it shows

The game of Football is one thing and discussing playoff seeding is another so with ur logic you know nothing about …. Well …having common sense..

• Like 2

Just now, Midtncat said:

The game of Football is one thing and discussing playoff seeding is another so with ur logic you know nothing about …. Well …having common sense..

naw, these guys are worried about WC playing somebody out of the region and needing help for playoff spots, that game has nothing to do with the region and playoff spots, only games that matter are the Eagleville and Cornersville game and the Huntland Collinwood game, NOT WC

13 minutes ago, falconred said:

overall record means absolutely nothing as far as seeding for playoffs, its all about your region record, yall know nothing about football and it shows

Lol, it is one of the tie breakers dude...so before you say things you dont know, look it up.

Head to head: If a team has beaten ALL the other teams that they are tied with for a playoff spot, that team is ranked above the others. This is the first tiebreaker used in any scenario.

2. Team with the greatest number of victories.

3. Team that plays the greatest number of teams that won 50 percent or more of their games.

4. Team that has the greatest number of wins over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

5. Team whose opponents have the most wins.

6. Team whose opponents have the fewest losses.

7. Coin flip.

4 minutes ago, falconred said:

naw, these guys are worried about WC playing somebody out of the region and needing help for playoff spots, that game has nothing to do with the region and playoff spots, only games that matter are the Eagleville and Cornersville game and the Huntland Collinwood game, NOT WC

what we are talking about is the 3 way tie if Eagleville loses...there will be a 3 way region tie with Eagleville, Richland, and Wayne County...Wayne County is locked in at 2-4 because their last game is out of region.

Richland will end up 2-4 barring a miracle win against Moore County.

so if Eagleville loses to Cornersville then it will make a 3 way tie...however, neither of these teams, Eagleville, Richland, Or Wayne County have beaten all teams they are tied with.

So then we have to go to the 2nd tie breaker rule...that rule outs Richland...however, if WC beats Liberty then they will be 2-4 in region 5 1A and 5-5 overall with a win.

Eagleville, with a lose to cornersville will also be 2-4 in region 5 1A and 5-5 overall...so it will then come to the 3rd tie breaker and unfortunately that still leaves Eagleville and WC tied because they have both play 5 teams at or above .500...so then we go the 4th tie breaker rule...who has beaten the most teams with a .500 or better record...that would possibly put Eagleville out if Eagleville does not win against cornersville because in this scenario, WC beat CW who was over .500.  so if Liberty beats WC then it puts WC at 4-6 overall and Eagleville at 5-5 if they lose to cornersville which puts eagleville in the 4th spot.

if i am misinterpreting these rules then ok, my bad...however,  this is the way i see the rules...but i am not a tssaa rules maker or the people who will figure this situation out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFootballDad said:

what we are talking about is the 3 way tie if Eagleville loses...there will be a 3 way region tie with Eagleville, Richland, and Wayne County...Wayne County is locked in at 2-4 because their last game is out of region.

so if Eagleville loses to Cornersville then it will make a 3 way tie...however, neither of these teams, Eagleville, Richland, Or Wayne County have beaten all teams they are tied with.

So then we have to go to the 2nd tie breaker rule...that rule outs Richland...however, if WC beats Liberty then they will be 2-4 in region 5 1A and 5-5 overall with a win.

Eagleville, with a lose to cornersville will also be 2-4 in region 5 1A and 5-5 overall...so it will then come to the 3rd tie breaker and unfortunately that still leaves Eagleville and WC tied because they have both play 5 teams at or above .500...so then we go the 4th tie breaker rule...who has beaten the most teams with a .500 or better record...that would possibly put Eagleville out if Eagleville does not win against cornersville because in this scenario, WC beat CW who was over .500.  so if Liberty beats WC then it puts WC at 4-6 overall and Eagleville at 5-5 if they lose to cornersville which puts eagleville in the 4th spot.

if i am misinterpreting these rules then ok, my bad...however,  this is the way i see the rules...but i am not a tssaa rules maker or the people who will figure this situation out.

and it could even be worse if Huntland does beat CW because then they would also be 2-4 in region 5 1A...lol, but they would be eliminated by rule 2.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:45 AM, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Last region match up of the season Thursday night! Playoff spots still up for grabs and these last games for Cornersville and Collinwood decide the second spot. it would appear Eagleville has wrapped up 4th spot as Richland plays MC this week and Eagleville won the head to head.  Cornersville pass game is on a role making this offense dangerous. Going to say this one will be close, 2 touchdown win for Cornersville. 35-21

hey brother, you have this thread 'HOT' hahahahaha did not know our little conversation would start a fire! hahhaa, great job!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheFootballDad said:

I stand corrected, that is alot to take in and alot of ties in the same region