Perry County @ Bruceton, Thursday Night Lights

PCsupporter4life

The Vikings (3-6, 0-4 R6-1A) are looking to win more than 3 games for the first time since 2011. They are already out of the playoffs, but this would be a big positive for this team to win more games than any team since Jacob Tucker was around. Bruceton has lost 9 in a row, but this team is a lot better than their record. This should be a good game. Last year, it was a basketball game. I think Bruceton won 56-43 or something to that effect. Perry County will have to establish the run game and win the time of possession. If they do that I believe they will get it done but last week against Middleton, penalties hurt. 12 for 120 yards. Penalties are the biggest thing for this team to be successful. It's never easy for PC. Going (4-6) would mean a lot to this program as they continue to build, last week they won more than one game at home for the first time since 2013 when they went (3-2). That's how down this program was but coach Calvin Zemer is finally getting kids with football IQ and kids that want to work and win. Bruceton is young but they are still very potent and this game could go either way. The Tigers will give the Vikings fits on offense and the Vikings defense need to step up. 

Just a FYI, the Perry County Junior Pro Minors (9U), are (8-0) and are outscoring opponents 344 to 24. 

Here's the Schedule

Won @ Lewisburg- 30-0

Won vs. Mt. Pleasant- 26-6

Won vs. East Hickman- 44-12

Won @ Hickman County- 50-0

Won vs. Lewis County- 56-0

Won vs. Fairview- 36-0

Won @ White Bluff- 32-6

Won @ Charlotte- 70-0

The future is very bright in Perry County if this group of guys can continue getting better. This group reminds me a lot of the Jacob Tucker group from 2008-2011. 

7 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Just a FYI, the Perry County Junior Pro Minors (9U), are (8-0) and are outscoring opponents 344 to 24. 

Here's the Schedule

Won @ Lewisburg- 30-0

Won vs. Mt. Pleasant- 26-6

Won vs. East Hickman- 44-12

Won @ Hickman County- 50-0

Won vs. Lewis County- 56-0

Won vs. Fairview- 36-0

Won @ White Bluff- 32-6

Won @ Charlotte- 70-0

The future is very bright in Perry County if this group of guys can continue getting better. This group reminds me a lot of the Jacob Tucker group from 2008-2011. 

I'll add the following: well coached, players listen, execute and play together. I've seen them play twice this season and will see them Saturday in the first round of the playoffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

I agree that this could be a very fun game to see. It doesn't take #1 teams to make a good game that's fun to watch. These teams could make for a great matchup with both looking to end the season with a win.  

That is very true. One of the best games last year was this game when Bruceton and Perry County were trading touchdowns left and right. I hope PC's defense has gotten better but if not and the offense can't get out of it's on way, this could literally be a barn burner.