5A R5 vs R6

2 hours ago, REBELFAN70 said:

Who are the outsiders? Serious question, not chirping, i have been covering this team the last 10 years or so and i have not seen this group of outsiders that i hear about alot in Winchester, i am genuinely curious! 

I don't want to derail the thread here but why do you think Franklin Co is still struggling? Do you think with the new coach that things will improve quickly? Seems in today's day and age the leash tends to get short quickly. 

45 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I don't want to derail the thread here but why do you think Franklin Co is still struggling? Do you think with the new coach that things will improve quickly? Seems in today's day and age the leash tends to get short quickly. 

Personally I think that is the problem, going all the way back to Coach Carr, the leash gets pulled and coaches fired too soon. 

There is no consistency in coaching staff which leads to kids coming up in middle school system heading to Tullahoma which has a reputation of consistency at the coaching level

3 hours ago, REBELFAN70 said:

Personally I think that is the problem, going all the way back to Coach Carr, the leash gets pulled and coaches fired too soon. 

There is no consistency in coaching staff which leads to kids coming up in middle school system heading to Tullahoma which has a reputation of consistency at the coaching level

Tullahoma's problem is they went from a Ultra Conservative Coach to a Ultra Aggressive Coach. Run the ball 3 times and play defense, to throw 3 40 yard passes, punt and completely gas your defense. If Mason Bratcher is completing those long passes tullahoma is hard to beat. But if not, Nolensville will have the ball alot. Honestly the backup, Lucas Reed should be the QB. He is a runner under pressure. Bratcher does not run at all, he'd rather take a incompletion. But politics has really fudged up Tullahoma.

Edited by TtownReject

9 hours ago, TtownReject said:

Tullahoma's problem is they went from a Ultra Conservative Coach to a Ultra Aggressive Coach. Run the ball 3 times and play defense, to throw 3 40 yard passes, punt and completely gas your defense. If Mason Bratcher is completing those long passes tullahoma is hard to beat. But if not, Nolensville will have the ball alot. Honestly the backup, Lucas Reed should be the QB. He is a runner under pressure. Bratcher does not run at all, he'd rather take a incompletion. But politics has really fudged up Tullahoma.

No true leadership on this staff!  No one in Control!  They do what they please on one side and they do what they please on the other side of the ball. No one in charge to correct both sides of the ball and make football decisions during the game and in practice.  Ultimately decisions have to be made by the  HC. It goes on his record not the assistants. 

When Olive was there he was in control of both sides of the ball and made all decisions!  It is a loose cannon now. 

16 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It's sad how Franklin County has been up and down but, mostly down over the past several years. I actually thought when they brought McCurry in that he was going to turn them around but, seems like control of the program still hasn't been wrestled away from (outsiders). 

I think we take this one walking away and get ready for round two.

You are talking about the McCurry that was at FC for 4 years and never had a winning season or made the playoffs?

John Olive was not a conservative coach. Tullahoma didn't run the ball three times and punt under Olive. In fact, the 15-0 state champion Wildcats in 2021 featured a big-play attack that featured multiple bombs every game. And, they connected on most of them.

Over the years Tullahoma employed a spread attack under Olive before most of its opponents did. Olive helped bring spread offenses to southern middle Tennessee. 

Can't rewrite history.

1 hour ago, ScottShasteen said:

John Olive was not a conservative coach. Tullahoma didn't run the ball three times and punt under Olive. In fact, the 15-0 state champion Wildcats in 2021 featured a big-play attack that featured multiple bombs every game. And, they connected on most of them.

Over the years Tullahoma employed a spread attack under Olive before most of its opponents did. Olive helped bring spread offenses to southern middle Tennessee. 

Can't rewrite history.

That is because Caleb and Jared Olive are running the offense. And Coach Olive's sons ARE NOT Conservative. 

You know how many times ive seen tullahoma play to not lose, ITS ALOT! Thats called having a conservative mindset.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TtownReject said:

That is because Caleb and Jared Olive are running the offense. And Coach Olive's sons ARE NOT Conservative. 

You know how many times ive seen tullahoma play to not lose, ITS ALOT! Thats called having a conservative mindset.

A conservative mindset may come from not Trusting your QB. If you have a QB that can run a little you could utilize the read game.  Defense would have to play 11 on 11.   After watching the Shelbyville game I would run it 3 times punt it and play defense.  Try to get a turnover or FG.  No way would I lose a game throwing balls up for grab like against Shelbyville.  I guess the best thing about that was he threw it so bad neither team could get to it!  They picked him so that must be their reason to let him chunk it down field.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, 0000 said:

Shelbyville vs Hillsboro

Tullahoma vs Nolensville 

Page vs Franklin County

Centennial vs Columbia

will region 6 sweep 5? 

If Nolensville QB plays then it will help them out. Nolensville defense is ok but are susceptible to the pass. If Tullahoma can pass the ball well then it could be a long night for Nolensville defense. If Nolensville offense can give their qb time then he can pick you apart. 

Page will wipe up Franklin county team and be over probably by half time. Pages defense is the strength of the team. 

Centennial will win easily against Columbia. Columbia has played a fairly weak schedule. They have a really good rb but Centennial has just as many athletes that can take him away.  

Shelbyville and Hillsboro could be a toss up. Haven't seen much of either team to make a prediction.