The Govs are tied 28-28 with Jefferson County at halftime

GovForce1

13 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Not trying to be a rear-end but scoring 28 points on a team in a half and calling it a moral victory is like telling the players they're 'Champions of Life'.   Yes, it was a good thing for a half, but......

What is it with all these outsider fans without context chiming in? 1OldPatriot talked all season about how we were only scoring points and having offensive success because of our weak schedule and we came out and dropped more on Jeff County in a half than anyone else has all year. We also did it when we had a player carted off the field for an injury before the game even started and it was on the road against the region champs. We were 0-10 last year and weren't competitive in any games and this year we finished with a winning record for the first time in over a decade and competed hard all season. I'm proud of our players and coaches.

• Sad 4

51 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

What is it with all these outsider fans without context chiming in? 1OldPatriot talked all season about how we were only scoring points and having offensive success because of our weak schedule and we came out and dropped more on Jeff County in a half than anyone else has all year. We also did it when we had a player carted off the field for an injury before the game even started and it was on the road against the region champs. We were 0-10 last year and weren't competitive in any games and this year we finished with a winning record for the first time in over a decade and competed hard all season. I'm proud of our players and coaches.

Real question. Do you call last night “competitive “?

3 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Real question. Do you call last night “competitive “?

To answer your question, because you're so thick headed, I didn't expect to be tied at halftime. Especially after what transpired before the game even started. The way we played in that first half after that showed that the team has a competitive spirit now. That's something that has been lacking mostly for a decade. And the fact that we finally executed to end the half was a positive move in the right direction. We have a lot of young players and limited depth and we also had several injuries to starters throughout the game, which is something you conveniently haven't mentioned. That certainly had an impact on how the second half transpired. Oh, and our AD got removed from the sideline in the second half and we got a sideline warning because he simply pointed out that a Jeff Co player was offsides. They didn't flag Jeff County and gave us a sideline warning. That type of homefield advantage is hard to overcome for a young team with limited depth dealing with injuries. But I'm satisfied that we showed up ready to play and made you sweat for awhile. I don't think you were so cocky when we tied it up with 10 seconds left in the half.  Like I said, I'm proud of our effort all season.  We will keep getting better.

Edited by GovForce1
  • Sad 2

Jeff had 3 TDs called back. One was a personal fouls because our LT blocked your DE too hard (the actual explanation given). Your WR got blasted and fumbled but was ruled incomplete. Your QB fumbled but they said it was incomplete pass. To answer the question, you were not competitive because your defense is atrocious 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

To answer your question, because you're so thick headed, I didn't expect to be tied at halftime. Especially after what transpired before the game even started. The way we played in that first half after that showed that the team has a competitive spirit now. That's something that has been lacking mostly for a decade. And the fact that we finally executed to end the half was a positive move in the right direction. We have a lot of young players and limited depth and we also had several injuries to starters throughout the game, which is something you conveniently haven't mentioned. That certainly had an impact on how the second half transpired. Oh, and our AD got removed from the sideline in the second half and we got a sideline warning because he simply pointed out that a Jeff Co player was offsides. They didn't flag Jeff County and gave us a sideline warning. That type of homefield advantage is hard to overcome for a young team with limited depth dealing with injuries. But I'm satisfied that we showed up ready to play and made you sweat for awhile. I don't think you were so cocky when we tied it up with 10 seconds left in the half.  Like I said, I'm proud of our effort all season.  We will keep getting better.

Congrats on the winning season!

P.S. who cares what anybody else thinks.LOL.

• Sad 2