D2A - First Round

CougarDadx2

We finally made it! Three #1 are on bye. There are a couple of interesting match ups and some yawners I am afraid.

Ezell-Harding @ JC: This one will be tough to watch, EH still trying to get their feet under them, JC with a chip on the shoulder from last week. JC by a lot.

GCA @ FACS: This one should be a good one and a shootout to boot! I am taking GCA by a score in a high scoring affair.

NC @ PCA (played at MTSU): My first instinct is to say NC, but after seeing PCA play, I am not sure. I think it comes down to which NC team shows up? I'm going to stay with my gut and say NC, but if they show up flat and out of sync, PCA could get the dub (remarkable in 1st year of 11-man football to make it to the playoffs and get a win)

Fayette @ FCS: This will be another tough one to watch. Walcott runs for 200+ adding to his 2,200+ regular season yards (they ran him 16 snaps in a row from scrimmage last game). FCS by a lot.

MJCA @ DCA: The last of the tough ones to watch. DCA by a lot.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

We finally made it! Three #1 are on bye. There are a couple of interesting match ups and some yawners I am afraid.

Ezell-Harding @ JC: This one will be tough to watch, EH still trying to get their feet under them, JC with a chip on the shoulder from last week. JC by a lot.

GCA @ FACS: This one should be a good one and a shootout to boot! I am taking GCA by a score in a high scoring affair.

NC @ PCA (played at MTSU): My first instinct is to say NC, but after seeing PCA play, I am not sure. I think it comes down to which NC team shows up? I'm going to stay with my gut and say NC, but if they show up flat and out of sync, PCA could get the dub (remarkable in 1st year of 11-man football to make it to the playoffs and get a win)

Fayette @ FCS: This will be another tough one to watch. Walcott runs for 200+ adding to his 2,200+ regular season yards (they ran him 16 snaps in a row from scrimmage last game). FCS by a lot.

How is PCA? Are they good enough to give Nashville Christian and Curtis a game?

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Some very lopsided games in my opinion. 

I do agree on PCA/NCS game. 3 weeks ago, I’m NCS all the way, but I’m split 50/50. Ncs has had problems all year with turnovers and not getting stops. Both teams healthy? A lot of teams are beat up this time of year and it’s hard when you don’t have depth. 

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

EH at JCS     JCS lost best player to knee injury Thursday. Still, plenty in the tank to dispatch EH. There will be locally produced video coverage on FB that you can watch for free if they pay the TSSAA the required extortion fee.

GCA at FACS     FACS with 3 speed burners. They will try to intimidate. I think this is best first round game. FACS  has NFHS but I'm told it has not been working. Call FACS to confirm before waisting money on a subscription. 

NCS at PCA     Why in the world is this game being played at MTSU? Facility rental can't be cheap for a game that  is going to be ugly. NCS has locally video streaming on You Tube if they will pay an enormous rights fee.

Fayette Academy at FCS      FA has a duel threat qb and they have heart. Still, defending champs should win.  NFHS video is available for a fee.

MTJC at DCA      This won't take long. DCA has NFHS if you want to pay to watch it

Edited by ReitzFan

1 hour ago, ChatterBox99 said:

Some very lopsided games in my opinion. 

I do agree on PCA/NCS game. 3 weeks ago, I’m NCS all the way, but I’m split 50/50. Ncs has had problems all year with turnovers and not getting stops. Both teams healthy? A lot of teams are beat up this time of year and it’s hard when you don’t have depth. 

PCA was able to go up and down the field some against MTCS, but never scored. They did lose a good RB against Friendship. NCS has some Jekyll and Hyde going on it seems.

25 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

EH at JCS     JCS lost best player to knee injury Thursday. Still, plenty in the tank to dispatch EH. There will be locally produced video coverage on FB that you can watch for free if they pay the TSSAA the required extortion fee.

GCA at FACS     FACS with 3 speed burners. They will try to intimidate. I think this is best first round game. FACS  has NFHS but I'm told it has not been working. Call FACS to confirm before waisting money on a subscription. 

NCS at PCA     Why in the world is this game being played at MTSU? Facility rental can't be cheap for a game that  is going to be ugly. NCS has locally video streaming on You Tube if they will pay an enormous rights fee.

Fayette Academy at FCS      FA has a duel threat qb and they have heart. Still, defending champs should win.  NFHS video is available for a fee.

MTJC at DCA      This won't take long. DCA has NFHS if you want to pay to watch it

PCA started playing before they got their stadium built. All games have been played at MTSU. No doubt it is costly, but they have some connections. They are better than they appear on paper. NCS should win, but I don't think it will be a first round blowout like some others will be.

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

JCS will be too much for Ezell. With that being said I was really impressed by some of the defensive players for Ezell. They don’t have the offense to keep up with JCS IMO

NC vs PCA - PCA has done a great job this year for sure. NCS if they get their four starters back will win by quite a bit. If they don’t have them this game will likely be closer.

GCA vs FACS- GCA looks to be the favorite. 

Fayette vs FCS - no clue

MJCA vs DCA - can a beat up DCA set up a rematch vs Friendship? 

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Reitz, 

Your post made me think about GCA - anyone know if they have upgraded their field since last year? I don't think it would meet requirements for a playoff game. No fence around the field, and that pavilion by the Harpeth with a tarp wrapped around, is not exactly a "visitors' locker room".

I just hope they have an actual

"press box" with decent internet  upload speeds and no speakers mounted just above the windows I must work out of. 

You guys have a great press box for broadcast media AT MTCS.  Comfortable chairs and a great view too. The press box at MTCS would be a great model for other schools to use when designing one to build

Edited by ReitzFan