Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

1 hour ago, NotCrucial said:

I'm not sure why Bearden is in the conversation. They will have their hands full with their own path. Cloudlands issue will be size down the stretch and NG will be depth. I'm rooting for both alonf with MC, SC and maybe even BC

If there was an iron man award then the lady huskies would get it.  That is an incredibly tough group of girls who only played 6 deep last night against a relentless full court trap.  We only went 7 deep ourselves.  We have a sophomore the size of Miller who played a few minutes.  

Dobyns-Bennett beat Science Hill by 27 last night to finish unblemished the first go round through conference play.  We play Boone at Bobby Snyder gym on Friday.  Lady Blazers will be much tougher this go round with the Flores girl.  Plus Bobby Snyder is a tough gym to play in as it is.

23 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Dobyns-Bennett beat Science Hill by 27 last night to finish unblemished the first go round through conference play.  We play Boone at Bobby Snyder gym on Friday.  Lady Blazers will be much tougher this go round with the Flores girl.  Plus Bobby Snyder is a tough gym to play in as it is.

That's why I was nervous playing NG cause they beat Boone and oak ridge.  Boone has 2 wins over Greenville without Flores.  I think 1a is pretty dang tough with cland and NG 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, THE KING said:

That's why I was nervous playing NG cause they beat Boone and oak ridge.  Boone has 2 wins over Greenville without Flores.  I think 1a is pretty dang tough with cland and NG 

D-B also beat Greeneville on the road though it was only by a point.  We still have them to play at home in the regular season finale.  I feel like if we can beat Boone Friday, then the conference title is ours even though we still have two more conference games after that.  I'm still baffled how we beat West Ridge by 42.  I'm ecstatic about it don't get me wrong.  But they have three bigs ( a 6'4 and two 6'3) and we killed them on the glass.  If I'm West Ridge coach, I can't be too thrilled about that.  Having three girls that size at the high school level is a blessing.

It'll be much closer at their place, but just don't see how West Ridge can be 42 points better the second time around.

And Science Hill is clearly the worst team in the conference... only one good shooter.

But that 1A conference when I get to watch it is fun.  Loved watching Unaka when they had Ramsey.  Never seen UH play though over the years.

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

D-B also beat Greeneville on the road though it was only by a point.  We still have them to play at home in the regular season finale.  I feel like if we can beat Boone Friday, then the conference title is ours even though we still have two more conference games after that.  I'm still baffled how we beat West Ridge by 42.  I'm ecstatic about it don't get me wrong.  But they have three bigs ( a 6'4 and two 6'3) and we killed them on the glass.  If I'm West Ridge coach, I can't be too thrilled about that.  Having three girls that size at the high school level is a blessing.

It'll be much closer at their place, but just don't see how West Ridge can be 42 points better the second time around.

And Science Hill is clearly the worst team in the conference... only one good shooter.

But that 1A conference when I get to watch it is fun.  Loved watching Unaka when they had Ramsey.  Never seen UH play though over the years.

What happened to SH girls over this season ? Seems like they started out well but fell apart

On 1/25/2024 at 3:50 PM, THE KING said:

I was thinking that myself after they were blown out by etown 

Coach son passed away a couple weeks back that might have something to do with it. Elizabethton got a pretty good team played a tough schedule Crockett only won by 1 tonight against them. Crockett only goes 7 deep that's what going to haunt them down the road.

Just now, Lon4182 said:

Coach son passed away a couple weeks back that might have something to do with it. Elizabethton got a pretty good team played a tough schedule Crockett only won by 1 tonight against them. Crockett only goes 7 deep that's what going to haunt them down the road.

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I hope he's doing better and gets the hill back on track.  I thought Crockett would dominate this year but they're looking vulnerable 

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I hope he's doing better and gets the hill back on track.  I thought Crockett would dominate this year but they're looking vulnerable 

We've had some injuries Story girl dislocated her finger hasn't regained her shooting form. Britton girl fell on ice fractured her wrist but played a little last night. I don’t believe she even attempted a shot.

31 minutes ago, Lon4182 said:

We've had some injuries Story girl dislocated her finger hasn't regained her shooting form. Britton girl fell on ice fractured her wrist but played a little last night. I don’t believe she even attempted a shot.

That explains a lot.  Etown is rebuilding and I wouldn't expect them to play Crockett close 

Boone knocked us off on Friday which I expected was coming.  Still a game up on them though and technically have the conference lead still with the head to head win over West Ridge.  

Got a big interstate matchup tonight with VHSL 2A power Wise Central.  We lost to them by 5 at their barn a couple weeks ago.  Emmah McAmis is a D1 prospect and will probably be the VHSL's all time leading scorer, male or female, by the time her career is over.